Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Dr. Simmons actually retired this week! i don't know if anyone new has joined yet...i used to see the younger Dr. Simmons but i don't know if he's still there, i haven't seen him in a long while. but Dr. Toth is the one that took such good care of Cass.

i recommend BRAH to everybody...looks a little shabby but they are wonderful. everybody i've referred there has agreed.

most recently, a friend with a bitchy little chihuahua (is there any other kind lol) said Toth was the first vet that was able to clip her nails w/o her trying to chew his hand off 🙂

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

Dr. Simmons actually retired this week! i don't know if anyone new has joined yet...i used to see the younger Dr. Simmons but i don't know if he's still there, i haven't seen him in a long while. but Dr. Toth is the one that took such good care of Cass.

i recommend BRAH to everybody...looks a little shabby but they are wonderful. everybody i've referred there has agreed.

most recently, a friend with a bitchy little chihuahua (is there any other kind lol) said Toth was the first vet that was able to clip her nails w/o her trying to chew his hand off 🙂

Young Simmons left awhile ago. I knew Everett was retiring. Toth bought out his shares. They told me Dr. Riddle was going to fill in for awhile. He was our vet when I was just a kid. He had his clinic next to the old Glastron boat factory on 183, before moving to Burnet Road , just south of Koenig (North Austin Animal Hospital).

As far as it looking a little shabby, that keeps your bill down. When you walk into those fancy vet offices, you know you’re about to get bent over. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2

Sadie and Chloe both go to N. Austin Animal Hosp.   Normally the two of them get either Dr Harris or Dr Heppner, but we've gotten Dr Stone a few times recently.

really solid place,  only gripe I have is they are overcharging a bit on apoquel, but the rest of their services are very reasonable. 

Neither of my puppers have any issues when we go to the vet, they get all excited to say hi to everyone. 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sadie and Chloe both go to N. Austin Animal Hosp.   Normally the two of them get either Dr Harris or Dr Heppner, but we've gotten Dr Stone a few times recently.

really solid place,  only gripe I have is they are overcharging a bit on apoquel, but the rest of their services are very reasonable. 

Neither of my puppers have any issues when we go to the vet, they get all excited to say hi to everyone. 

Get the script and order it online.

5 hours ago, Nuge said:

Went camping in the woods this past weekend. Willow loved it. Got to run around and be a dog. Splashing, climbing, jumping, exploring, and generally being a happy goof. Gonna take the kids and pups this weekend to camp on Mt Hood.1c3b5a304e345b4ac1bd2e631f40f38a.jpgWho’s the pissed off Mogwai in upper right?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Get the script and order it online.

yeah, but I know they have to make some money

They are on Burnet Rd afterall... the same section of Burnet Rd whose property tax increases in the last few years have caused the sale or closing of The Omelettery, The Frisco, The Light Bulb Shop, Knife Sharpist, Atomic Tattoo, Nelson Puett, and 2/3 of the Karavel Shoes buildings, plus Im sure a lot more business that I missed, but 5 or 6 of those stores I mentioned had been around for 30+ years, and they just couldnt stay open anymore due to the sheer amount of property tax they were being assessed each year.

I dont want to lose NAAH or cause them to have to move to some other random area in town.

Any thoughts on invisible fences? Our house came with one but it’s apparently so old I’m almost starting over. I don’t want to dump $1600 into it only to find it can’t contain my dog. He’s pretty strong willed and energetic when he’s outside. I feel like one squirrel or neighbor with a dog on the street and he’d be gone.

Well, 2020 can officially get fucked in the ass.  Crosby started to limp on his right paw, so took him in.  In doing a battery of tests (thinking it was either a nerve issue or arthritis), the discover a massive tumor in his spleen.  Bottom line is- best case scenario is it hasn’t spread and his spleen can be removed.  Worst case is it has and he’s on the clock, and probably a relatively short one.  He’s a couple weeks shy of 11, and even splenectomy will be brutal for him.  But if successful, he would be good for some time.  The alternative is something I’m not allowing myself to think about.  Fuck you, 2020.  Fuck you.

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Well, 2020 can officially get fucked in the ass.  Crosby started to limp on his right paw, so took him in.  In doing a battery of tests (thinking it was either a nerve issue or arthritis), the discover a massive tumor in his spleen.  Bottom line is- best case scenario is it hasn’t spread and his spleen can be removed.  Worst case is it has and he’s on the clock, and probably a relatively short one.  He’s a couple weeks shy of 11, and even splenectomy will be brutal for him.  But if successful, he would be good for some time.  The alternative is something I’m not allowing myself to think about.  Fuck you, 2020.  Fuck you.

You got this, Crosby!

• Like 1