Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Crosby was originally diagnosed with a spleen mass.  But another doc looked at the ultrasound and said it looks more like it's on the liver.  He is getting biopsied Monday, and if it's malignant, with it on the liver, he's officially on the clock.  If it's benign, which has a higher likelihood of it being when it's on the liver vs the spleen, we have it removed and we'll see how much time it buys.  But the big lug turned 11 today.  A whole lot of expense for a dog that's kind of on borrowed time as it is.  But what do you do?  I can't make his life a financial decision.  My kids would probably rather put me down than him.

Ours was 11 when this started so I definitely understand, but it’s your family member and money is just money. Good luck to Crosby. Hopefully it turns out benign.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wild_turkey said:

Ours was 11 when this started so I definitely understand, but it’s your family member and money is just money. Good luck to Crosby. Hopefully it turns out benign.

I once spent 4k on a dog that lived 8 months until another issue killed her and it was worth every penny. We dont deserve dogs but we owe them everything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

My dogs also enjoy 

super size sky raisins (moths)

Crunchy sky raisins (junebugs)

the funny thing about this meme is I never really understood it

my blacklab, Sadie, never gave a shit about bugs, flies, etc.  It had to be small mammals that she gave a shit about. squirrels and possums had it rough in my backyard, but bugs were safe.

.... until I got this idiot....

50168561036_9c1909de9d_z.jpg

she fucking attacks flies, birds, roaches, ants, fireflies, mosquitoes, etc... if it fucking moves, shes attacking and eating it.

and now the meme makes total fucking sense.

• Hook 'Em 6

I’ve seen those around. One of the best examples of how to live they can give us. When was the last time YOU jumped into a monster pile of leaves she says as her eyes get big and she starts running full speed toward the pile.

[mention]troph [/mention] Your pup is absolutely adorable and looks like a handful in the best possible way!

He’s the best dog I’ve had. I had two requirements - no shedding and smart enough to pee and poop outside with very little training and he took a week of training. He’s a micro mini golden doodle, 25% golden retriever and 75% poodle with his had and grand mother dogs being toy poodles.

Technically he’s my girlfriend’s dog as we talked about her getting a new puppy while dating but not all the way together and I agreed to buy. But now he’s ours. She takes him everywhere, he rarely stays home, sleeps where ever he wants, usually on a pillow above her head at night by the head board. He’s also on a raw food / human food diet so a lot of eggs, and she makes a hamburger meat, rice and carrots mix, lots of raw meat and raw bones to chew on too.

He’s spoiled like no other dog I’ve seen.

Loki is so pissed about his lack of #lakelife. I took the 4wheeler down last night and am about to go now. He is moping like a child. The wife ordered some overpriced "lightweight and durable" boots for him we will try to use against the zebra mussel assholes and they won't be here till this weekend. He is the best dog but he is being an asshole right now. I can usually throw the bumper in the backyard and he will have fun but not anymore. It is lake or bust. Fml.

Edited by HOOKEM4

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i posted Stella on this thread probably 4-5 months ago jumping into the leaf piles - it might have even been that same video 

I watched it multiple times from start to finish when you posted it,  just like I watched it again from start to finish. Can't get enough of Stella

Damn. So sorry. 

I love Rottweilers. I shared a house with a friend years ago. She had the sweetest Rott that she had rescued when she lived in Memphis. She was on a 6 foot chain tied to a tree in a neighbors yard, and she jumped the fence, cut the chain, and took the dog home. After we moved out, she moved to Central America and left the dog with her boyfriend at the time. He apparently couldn’t be bothered feeding the dog and when I was able to take possession of her she was just skin and bones. I got her back up to weight and healthy at the ripe old age of 13. She lived to be almost 16. Such a great dog that went through more in her life than she should have. 

The last dog I lost was half Rott, half heeler. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Loki is so pissed about his lack of #lakelife. I took the 4wheeler down last night and am about to go now. He is moping like a child. The wife ordered some overpriced "lightweight and durable" boots for him we will try to use against the zebra mussel assholes and they won't be here till this weekend. He is the best dog but he is being an asshole right now. I can usually throw the bumper in the backyard and he will have fun but not anymore. It is lake or bust. Fml.

Jax is a certifiable river and lake dog now and he now recognizes our F350 as the “go to the river” truck and so yesterday when my girlfriend was installing a new tuner he was in the truck hanging out (windows down, his choice). When she tried to get him out when she was done he hopped over from the passenger seat to the drivers seat. When she walked around he hopped back over to the passenger seat. It was funny.

When he first concluded the river was his jam we came home from fishing and apparently he wasn’t done playing so he threw a fit and tore up a cardboard box, which he’s never done, even as a baby he didn’t chew on things that he wasn’t supposed to chew on. It was funny.

Sorry to hear Juicy. With all the issues your dog had I'm happy to hear he made it this far but know it's still going to hurt.

I had a rottie before and she was such a great dog. I'd get another but my wife is terrified of them due to getting attacked by one when she was a little girl.

With tos and this site are now to an age where we've seen several dogs go from puppyhood to old age, syndey a few weeks ago and now Juicy.

God's cruelest trick was the difference in years between a dog's life and a man's life.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

Well I knew this day was coming but it still sucks.

Tomorrow this guy will cross the rainbow bridge just a little under 13 years is a hell of a run for a rottie.

Still hurts like hell.

a53e6415c5fbd59a39a0b13946f67f88.jpg

Very, very sorry...looks like a great guy. Sending good doggy energy your way.

• Hook 'Em 1