Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 8/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, hookem2010 said:

I play this fun game with myself every weekend where I think "I'll wake up early and take the puppy for a hike before it gets too hot. Then, she will be too tired to bother me when we get home and I can get shit done." Inevitably, I end up napping and Mango wakes me up to remind me there is shit to do.2c4d49e2901481f5c82d6eef9d6b65ee.jpg134aa3932899133fb43b0ed9fbb281ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You keep her locked in a prison. That ain't right.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:24 PM, You don't know me said:

Meet Teddy, our latest foster. He is an Akita/ Komondor mix. He will be a very big boy. I am guessing that he will easily top out at 100 lbs plus. He is 8 weeks old and his paws are almost as big as my palm.

1b882667c955c9bfc4fdfc0c7bfca259.jpg

Oh my God...

Teddy was returned to the rescue.  I may be adopting him myself.

Here he is today.

Teddy today.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

shit...  going to see him tomorrow.  Guess I'm getting another dog.
We went to Petsmart to see Teddy. The rescue is there every weekend. When we got there, which was when the rescue got there, Teddy was with a couple already. He didn't even make it inside. He was very excited to see us. We all got lots of kisses. The couple that adopted him seem like a great fit for him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

New Cozumel house dog. Elsie, half blab/half golden.

elsie-floor.jpg

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

First, I want to kiss kiss kiss the top of the head then open her mouth to smell if she still has puppy breath and if she does stick my nose in and breathe it in. Then kiss and hug her some more. Then she will have quite enough of my shenanigans and want you to take her from me right away. What a pretty girl.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

We said goodbye to Shelby today. She was 12.5 years old. She beat cancer this past year but unfortunately kidney failure was too much. She was a hell of a fighter and her vet oncologist said she’s a huge success story on the cancer front and plans to write her case up for the vet journals.

She was sweet, friendly, gentle, playful. She liked walks, pets, car rides, swimming, fetch, hunting squirrels, and helping us cook. She greeted us at the door every time we came home and she snuggled up against me during the night. She was about as close to perfect as we could possibly ask for. I’ve had other great dogs and generally love most dogs but she really takes the cake for me.

We got her as a puppy from a foster family. We always considered her a chocolate lab but assume she had a slight mix because she was small and her coat was incredibly soft. We submitted a DNA breed test to give us a little more info so we don’t always wonder.

We’ll miss her terribly but once the sadness passes we’ll still have the good memories.

Here’s a few pics from the years:

961c74bdeab58cc26accd14b58467b90.jpg

8eed904672a079c6a86d617113247bf2.jpeg

c99158bd088b7fca6ba67c98b3c57439.jpg

9cf77d215000d284444203e897ee9d45.jpeg

dd3666a15892f6bee740cf512381bc1b.jpeg

ffd196ec2f5bdabc628cfec505850a35.jpg

663188550ff52e88dcb2738c18c4ff1b.jpg

So long my friend. Tell Dusty we said hi and I’ll throw the ball when I get there.

Good girl, Shelby.

• Like 2

We said goodbye to Shelby today. She was 12.5 years old. She beat cancer this past year but unfortunately kidney failure was too much. She was a hell of a fighter and her vet oncologist said she’s a huge success story on the cancer front and plans to write her case up for the vet journals.

She was sweet, friendly, gentle, playful. She liked walks, pets, car rides, swimming, fetch, hunting squirrels, and helping us cook. She greeted us at the door every time we came home and she snuggled up against me during the night. She was about as close to perfect as we could possibly ask for. I’ve had other great dogs and generally love most dogs but she really takes the cake for me.

We got her as a puppy from a foster family. We always considered her a chocolate lab but assume she had a slight mix because she was small and her coat was incredibly soft. We submitted a DNA breed test to give us a little more info so we don’t always wonder.

We’ll miss her terribly but once the sadness passes we’ll still have the good memories.

Here’s a few pics from the years:

c99158bd088b7fca6ba67c98b3c57439.jpg

So long my friend. Tell Dusty we said hi and I’ll throw the ball when I get there.

She has amazing eyes!
  • Like 1

Jax hops in the old F350 and he knows we are going somewhere fun, but when he dreams about that place we might go in the old F350 I’m certain it’s to the Colorado River country. He knew exactly where we were after 2 days of driving.

He sees the mountains, scratches at the window and requires we roll down the window so he can have ALL the smells.

5d8bff8253a19bbecc26a8297036eeb3.jpg

153093aa8ad698cd20223157bb8d0795.jpg

He’s a little annoyed we didn’t get in the streams today. Tomorrow bubba, tomorrow.

d28e689a1af379d69240c1cc0da18393.jpg

Big dog in a small dog’s body.
Bruce and Pepper do the same thing. When we come down into Winter Park off the pass, i put down the windows down and their whole demeanor changes. Ears go back, noses go up and they know they are in their happy place.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1