Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

14 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Ugh.  He's a mess.  Not moving.  Not eating.  Just made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to say goodbye in our home.   I'm shattered.  

Our hearts ache with yours Sbbruin.  The last day spent with Zeke saw him getting his own smoked tenderloin, hugs, belly rubs, and constant reminders of just how thankful we both were for the joy he brought into our lives.  May your last moments spent with Crosby be filled with the memories you have shared together and knowing you have given him a great life and will one day be reunited with him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Well that was just about the hardest thing I’ve ever done.  How is it that an animal buries itself so deeply into your heart and soul.  He was my best buddy in the world.  Not seeing him waiting in the window every night when pulled in the driveway will be tough.  But his time had come.  And doing it at home ma it better.  He will leave a massive hole in our hearts.  My kids have really known very little of life without him.  RIP, doggy.  You were the best.  And thanks surly.  Sharing the experience with others that have gone through it is a bit cathartic.

67809CDF-F6FC-4040-AEE8-192402A43C7D.jpeg

85E70588-C788-4968-9E67-38030161588C.jpeg

44E6D997-5D80-4029-8C84-203FBC67EF59.jpeg

Sorry for your loss - it's clear to anyone who has read your posts that Crosby was just as lucky to have you as you were to have him, and you did right by him through the end.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Omg that face. What a sweet doggo. Sorry for your loss sb. Hang in there. He clearly had a great life.

Kia looking down on me from doggy heaven saying “look at the life Crosby lived. you never took me on a boat, you cheap fuck!”

this remains the best thread on the site. ❤️🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not trying to disrespect SB, but they got additional testing back and they found the algae toxins in the brown mat algae along the lake bottom. If you take your dog to the lake, don't. Nothing in the water column but possibly it is growing due to the mass zebra mussel die off/nutrients as the lake goes down. Be careful my fellow dog lovers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

SB...this is third time you’ve squeezed tears out of me in the past 4 days. Gotta be a surly record. 

sounds like your kid kicks ass too... hang in there🤘

white labs 4lyfe!

1B3C8F3B-B4DE-4A64-8AD9-A9EDCB29EE0E.jpeg

Looks a lot like my boy.  Labs, man.  I vacuumed today, and as is typical, completely jugged the vacuum cleaner.  But for the last time.  And changed the air filter for air conditioner.  Something tells me we will all breathe easier without about 10 lbs of hair per week being deposited around the house.  But I’ll miss the tumbleweeds nevertheless.  Y’all love and play with your dogs.  Because they’re awesome.  They give and give and give and ask for nothing (except food and love).  We don’t deserve them..  They are better than we are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Rupp is only a little under 3 , and this thread is already making me dread the day (mixed with early melancholy as I watch the time with my almost 16yo at home dwindle).

"Goodness will find the puppers.  It always has.  It will again."

In the meantime, here's Rupp derping in the weather and humping a snowman.PXL_20210215_163704546.thumb.jpg.a3e99e61d120bdeaee99c059003dd216.jpgIMG_20210111_114632_2.thumb.jpg.a5e180ee66f8d2f2a9785acdf3950f7e.jpg

Good boy, Crosby.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I walked into the dining room and saw this.  My boy made a little memorial to his dog, and his best friend.  Once I stopped crying, I gave him a hug.

1826FC48-75F6-438F-853B-CFCEAFC63565.jpeg

Kids and their bonds with pets are really special. If our house caught on fire and my 12-yo could only save either the dogs or his parents, my husband and I would be taking dirt naps.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So we have two dogs. A jack russell/morkie mix (11 years old and about 18 pounds) and a chihuahua/shitzu mix (3 years old and 8 pounds). We got them some new food. The older one LOVED it. Ate her entire bowl in seconds and went in to get the other bowl, must to the dismay of the younger dog. A little scrap ensued. In said scrap, the older dog somehow popped the eyeball out of the younger dog and the eyelid got stuck behind it. The wife and I freak out and haul ass to the nearest vet hospital. Vet says we have to have surgery and 99% of the time the dog loses vision in that eye. 600 dollars later we have his eye sewn shut and in a cone. Go to the vet today to have the stitches removed and the little man has vision in the eye. The vets at the clinic said they had never seen them retain vision. I’m so happy. 

F9544ED7-0FF0-4738-8D68-DB76D387DF42.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

So we have two dogs. A jack russell/morkie mix (11 years old and about 18 pounds) and a chihuahua/shitzu mix (3 years old and 8 pounds). We got them some new food. The older one LOVED it. Ate her entire bowl in seconds and went in to get the other bowl, must to the dismay of the younger dog. A little scrap ensued. In said scrap, the older dog somehow popped the eyeball out of the younger dog and the eyelid got stuck behind it. The wife and I freak out and haul ass to the nearest vet hospital. Vet says we have to have surgery and 99% of the time the dog loses vision in that eye. 600 dollars later we have his eye sewn shut and in a cone. Go to the vet today to have the stitches removed and the little man has vision in the eye. The vets at the clinic said they had never seen them retain vision. I’m so happy. 

F9544ED7-0FF0-4738-8D68-DB76D387DF42.jpeg

Holy shit.