Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

That is the best sequence in the history of sequences although it should be reversed.

And the last one should have this caption --

27wahn.jpg

Silly English kinnnnnnnnnnigits!!  I thought the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2021 at 10:35 PM, maninblack said:

Sad that Rambo has left this mortal coil.  Thanks for sharing this link-I am going to be spending the rest of Easter Sunday reading everything written by this guy as it is GOLD!!

Edited by pch
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Wife and kids are already pushing for another dog.  I’m not ready.  And I am certain I will never have a dog like Crosby so why bother.  I don’t know.

as others have said, Crosby will always be your boy. But a new canine critter will be different in their own way.

the thought of your sons tribute to Crosby still gets the waterworks going for me.  If he thinks hes ready for a new best friend, it might honestly be time.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Wife and kids are already pushing for another dog.  I’m not ready.  And I am certain I will never have a dog like Crosby so why bother.  I don’t know.

I remember feeling exactly like this after we lost Brutus. And now it's hard to imagine life without Bluto. 

I think Deej has it right...you're never going to replace Crosby. But you are going to find another dog that's also going to give you way more than love than you'll ever be able to return. 

What else in life offers that kind of guaranteed return on your investment? Do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Native Americans believed that no living thing ever dies, it just has a worn out "Earth Suit" and the spirit must leave in search of a new one.  

You might just end up with Crosby again all crammed into a Chihuahua package.

😉

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Having another dog really helped me with the grieving process when Chewy passed away.  The other dog will never replace Crosby, but they will have their own special things about them.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We waited three months and grieved the loss of our beloved Zeke before the wife found our two new rescue mini poodles we now own.  Two hours after we brought them home, I got the news my son had died and was I ever glad we had them to bring a smile and remind us how much we have to be thankful for.  I know that each of the canine kids we have had throughout our 36 years together brought new joy while never replacing their predecessors but rather meeting a need we have to care for another animal. Good vibes coming your way as you make the decision that is right for you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, Sbbruin said:

I had the same feeling but I put in to adopt a lab that got dumped in Houston recently. We'll see if I get him but you'll get there too. The opposite of grief is love and you'll find it again with another amazing dog. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Happy stray story.

176012733_IMG_1987(2).thumb.jpg.30d6b3389c2e3f3695e3c8c7740f477a.jpg

I saw this little dude wandering down the street one day about a month ago. Stopped to see if he was someone's puppy and he ran straight up to my truck and jumped in when I opened the door. Dirty and skinny as hell. No chip, not fixed. A bona fide stray.

Wife took him to the vet and got him checked out and we held onto him for a few nights while trying to find someone to take him. If we were looking for a new dog we'd have kept him in a second, but we've already got 2 rescues and absolutely not in the market for a 3rd. Luckily, he was young and cute as a button and it only took  3 days to find him a great family in the neighborhood.

Here he is a month later in his new home.  Was only 21 lbs when we found him, now up to 30, should eventually top at out 40.

672887274_LilDude.jpg.cac314e93b6c2a80ceac9fbd134ba027.jpg

Good on you.  Big points.

• Hook 'Em 2

Everyone grieves differently. I think I am still in the bargaining/denial stage with Little Bitty. The last two weeks have sucked.

Having said that I am committed to finding another dog or two to love. It’s hard because Little Bitty and I were so very close. Especially the last three years. There won’t be another one like her and no relationship I have with another dog will resemble that one.

But my heart is still open. I feel guilty in some ways that I don’t want to wait to find another pet(s). At the same time there are so many dogs that need homes and I can give them that. I just want to find a match where they really like me. I was totally Little Bitty’s person so that’s really tough. I miss her! Will always miss her. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Everyone grieves differently. I think I am still in the bargaining/denial stage with Little Bitty. The last two weeks have sucked.

Having said that I am committed to finding another dog or two to love. It’s hard because Little Bitty and I were so very close. Especially the last three years. There won’t be another one like her and no relationship I have with another dog will resemble that one.

But my heart is still open. I feel guilty in some ways that I don’t want to wait to find another pet(s). At the same time there are so many dogs that need homes and I can give them that. I just want to find a match where they really like me. I was totally Little Bitty’s person so that’s really tough. I miss her! Will always miss her. 

If you are hesitant to get a new dog, maybe a pet spider is the best choice for you.  They can be wonderful companions.  Think about it!

spider sombrero GIF

• Haha 2