Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

11 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

All this rain has really got my allergies going today

That is why dogs are so awesome.  Right there.  They are so much purer of heart than we are.  I wish I could have been the person Crosby thought I was.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Meant to post from last weekend.  Maya’s first boat day.  She was fine, but the very expensive life jacket I bought her made her freak out.  But she was was more comfortable boating than Crosby ever was.  He loved being on the boat.  As long as it was at the dock.

C322CC01-1AA5-4852-85A9-F92B97103678.jpeg

YUSSSSSSSSSSSS. Nose booping engaged!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

That is why dogs are so awesome.  Right there.  They are so much purer of heart than we are.  I wish I could have been the person Crosby thought I was.

You were exactly the person Crosby thought you were. His person. 

Dogs ain't got time for the peripheral bullshit. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 12:56 AM, Sbbruin said:

Meant to post from last weekend.  Maya’s first boat day.  She was fine, but the very expensive life jacket I bought her made her freak out.  But she was was more comfortable boating than Crosby ever was.  He loved being on the boat.  As long as it was at the dock.

C322CC01-1AA5-4852-85A9-F92B97103678.jpeg

Need more Maya pics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Picked this one up off the side of the road in Katy yesterday. She's not chipped unfortunately. Put out a blast on Facebook lost sites and called a bunch of vets and shelters. Hopefully someone is looking for her. She's a sweet girl.

F463BB50-1D12-4222-9D4B-687427A600AA.jpeg

22CAE783-47D3-4610-BB17-6A14F7D674C6.jpeg

F638F38E-9C27-491A-9171-3630B276622D.jpeg

575D00FD-B29A-4DA7-AAF4-9D3098417C5A.jpeg

Congrats on your new pup!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

https://www.khq.com/news/dog-ejected-from-car-during-sunday-crash-found-on-sheep-farm-herding-sheep/article_fc15bfe6-c805-11eb-ae68-7fb69c0af0d6.html

Tilly, the 2-year-old Border Collie who was ejected from a car Sunday during a crash, has been found.

He was found on a sheep farm, where he had apparently taken up the role of sheep herder. 

According to Tilly's owner, he has lost some weight since Sunday's crash and is now drinking lots of water but is otherwise healthy. 

Video at the link

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Should I start and awesome dog not acting awesome thread?

Also looking for advice about legal ramifications if it comes to that.

A neighbor’s cat entered my backyard. My boxer got ahold of it and hurt it. I heard some banging on the fence and went outside. The couple were banging a broomstick against the fence trying to scare my dog. I tell him to stop and he does. Cat is conscious and breathing but not moving. There are no holes in the fence and no way for my dogs to go into their property. My Boxer can’t even jump up to the couch some days (he is 12-13 years old).

I asked them to give me a towel and I wrapped the cat and handed it to them over the fence so they could take to the vet. I feel horrible. Their daughter was crying and screaming. Goddamnit.

If there was a hole in my fence and my dog grabbed their cat from their property, I would be over there now paying for the vet bills.

I assume I can’t be responsible for their animal entering my yard, right?

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

A neighbor’s cat entered my backyard. My boxer got ahold of it and hurt it. I heard some banging on the fence and went outside. The couple were banging a broomstick against the fence trying to scare my dog. I tell him to stop and he does. Cat is conscious and breathing but not moving. There are no holes in the fence and no way for my dogs to go into their property. My Boxer can’t even jump up to the couch some days (he is 12-13 years old).

I asked them to give me a towel and I wrapped the cat and handed it to them over the fence so they could take to the vet. I feel horrible. Their daughter was crying and screaming. Goddamnit.

If there was a hole in my fence and my dog grabbed their cat from their property, I would be over there now paying for the vet bills.

Your yard. You're clear. I doubt the cat will try that again.

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I got a feeling it can’t. Fuck, I need to go over and talk to them though.

FYI, Its customary to bring 2 live cats to replace one dead cat.

And sorry, that sucks.  Hate to see any animal hurt, regardless of circumstance but as mentioned you should be fine (legally).

• Haha 1

Well that fucking sucked. Went to talk to the family and turns out it is their next door neighbor’s cat. Their daughter has just become really attached to it. The girl saw me at the door and I felt terrible (I have two young daughters and they love their pets). So I went next door and talked to the older lady. Cat died on the way to vet. I paid for some of the cost of the disposal. It was all I had on me. She was understanding but of course upset.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Well that fucking sucked. Went to talk to the family and turns out it is their next door neighbor’s cat. Their daughter has just become really attached to it. The girl saw me at the door and I felt terrible (I have two young daughters and they love their pets). So I went next door and talked to the older lady. Cat died on the way to vet. I paid for some of the cost of the disposal. It was all I had on me. She was understanding but of course upset.

God damn that's rough.  Sorry man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brown water said:

Vizsla. Oldest of three. 

20126ABA-2530-41EF-9688-99B4A8462DD9.jpeg

Had a Vizsla growing up. Still the best dog I ever had, and I've had a ton of them. We would be out at the lake, and I would pretend to be struggling out in the water. He would swim out, turn to give me his tail, and I would grab it and let him pull me to shore. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

Our Vizsla was the greatest hunting dog I've ever been around. 

Point, flush, retrieve...did it all, and would go until he couldn't anymore, then find the energy for one more bird. 

He would catch jackrabbits for fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody have a grooming place in Austin they like?  Neighbors need to get their shaggy dog cleaned and a good haircut after not having been in a while.   

I like Mel’s Pet parlor near downtown RR. Before Little Bitty passed away they did an excellent job with her for the last two years. So from 14-16 years old. I miss her so damn much. 

35331B2E-B438-49D0-84E4-9E87262C32D0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

I need to line our 3 up like a spread offense when it’s time for a snack. Chloe and Gus on the left and toss treats on a go and post route to get them to the other side of the room. They catch nearly every time.  Tucker is a safe outlet on the right to dump a screen. He drops quite often but at least the field is clear and he can recover the live ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Curiosity killed the cat and it is a shame that it died.  Had a similar experience where my dog got through a weak spot in the fence and chewed up a neighbor's dog which had to be euthanized.  I paid for the vet but felt like hell for a week after.  Neighbor and I both paid half to rebuild the weak fence and got along fine afterward.

Edited by pch
poor taste on my part