Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

When I was a kid we went to my Aunt's house and were out in the field behind her house with our golden retriever.

It found and killed a cat which belonged to one of my Aunt's neighbors. The little girl who owned the cat went and got her dad who confronted my dad about paying for the cat. In addition to being a cheap ass bastard my dad also hated cats and told him to fuck off. My dad turned to me and told me to hold his glasses and turns back around and proceeds to kick this guys ass. Poor little girl was standing there, holding a dead cat with her father laying on the ground and bleeding.  

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, blacklab said:

When I was a kid we went to my Aunt's house and were out in the field behind her house with our golden retriever.

It found and killed a cat which belonged to one of my Aunt's neighbors. The little girl who owned the cat went and got her dad who confronted my dad about paying for the cat. In addition to being a cheap ass bastard my dad also hated cats and told him to fuck off. My dad turned to me and told me to hold his glasses and turns back around and proceeds to kick this guys ass. Poor little girl was standing there, holding a dead cat with her father laying on the ground and bleeding.  

200.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Not usually life-threatening in adult dogs. 

Make sure you're getting him the annual bordetella shots. 

Yeah google said nothing to worry about, just keep him in fresh water and away from other dogs (not a problem) ... just wondering if we have any surly secrets to getting rid of it or easing his coughing. 

21 hours ago, blacklab said:

Um, why did you kill a cat?  Sorry, but that is beyond fucked up.

edit- never mind.  I read it as YOU found a cat and killed it.  Not your dog.   Dogs do what dogs do.  I thought little black lab went Jeffrey Dalmer on a cat and was not pleased.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

A rumor went around my jr high that I was cutting the heads off neighborhood cats.

I sat alone at lunch every day.

Just remember I was one of the good ones. No need to pour acid in my brain and turn me into a sex zombie. 

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, not me, my dog. Come to think of it he was kind of a serial killer with cats, birds and squirrels being the main victims. 

I have a cat that is a straight ass murderer.  She kills probably 3-4 birds a week.  We have 2 cats, but only one is a killer.

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Her name is Lilo. She has a lot of Murphy in her. We have a vet appointment Tuesday. She's not sure about bathes or retreiving yet but she loves people and is learning how to dog better each day. She's also a great wing woman at the bar.

My dog is awesome ❤️

E048C66B-DC5F-47DE-86A9-4CADA3A86EC7.jpeg

Yep. She is.  And she will love you without condition, and you will love her right back.  And that’s what’s awesome about dogs.  They’re way better companions than kids.  I mean I love my kids, but….

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

Her name is Lilo. She has a lot of Murphy in her. We have a vet appointment Tuesday. She's not sure about bathes or retreiving yet but she loves people and is learning how to dog better each day. She's also a great wing woman at the bar.

My dog is awesome ❤️

E048C66B-DC5F-47DE-86A9-4CADA3A86EC7.jpeg

YNWA Lilo & MiB

• Hook 'Em 1

It's always an adventure whenever Blue needs shots. Her liver doesn't process shit as well as it should, even after the surgical correction of her shunt. She almost died from the anesthesia they gave her when she was spayed. She had all of her annual shots this morning, and now she is moving like an old lady. Probably need to have the vet spread those out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2021 at 11:17 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody have a grooming place in Austin they like?  Neighbors need to get their shaggy dog cleaned and a good haircut after not having been in a while.   

i haven't finished the thread, but if you're still looking, i take Maggie to Groomingdales on Koenig. they do a good job with her, but she's amini dachsund, she loooooves being groomed 😄

20210311_150545.jpg

20210311_150515.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

On 6/10/2021 at 4:34 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Should I start and awesome dog not acting awesome thread?

Also looking for advice about legal ramifications if it comes to that.

A neighbor’s cat entered my backyard. My boxer got ahold of it and hurt it. I heard some banging on the fence and went outside. The couple were banging a broomstick against the fence trying to scare my dog. I tell him to stop and he does. Cat is conscious and breathing but not moving. There are no holes in the fence and no way for my dogs to go into their property. My Boxer can’t even jump up to the couch some days (he is 12-13 years old).

I asked them to give me a towel and I wrapped the cat and handed it to them over the fence so they could take to the vet. I feel horrible. Their daughter was crying and screaming. Goddamnit.

If there was a hole in my fence and my dog grabbed their cat from their property, I would be over there now paying for the vet bills.

I assume I can’t be responsible for their animal entering my yard, right?

oh that's terrible, i'm so sorry you had to deal with that! good on you for reaching out... that's a good neighbor. 

same thing happened to one of my mom's cats...except the neighbors had two vicious pit bulls that would try to eat the fence any time any of us was outside. 😡 i mean, they literally ate holes in the fence. just terrible, vicious dogs. my mom was kind of a cat lady and 'domesticated' feral cats...this one was very tame, she'd named it Minnie, was still mostly a kitten.. she fell off the roof of a shed into the yard and the pits ripped her apart. 

mom called me bawling. it was just awful. 

neighbors weren't home, never even said a word...my mom was so timid she never said boo to anybody, much less confront the neighbors. 😡

11 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Tomorrow afternoon is going to fucking suck.
2nd hardest decision I’ve ever had to make in my life.
But she’s suffering and I don’t want to see her not enjoying life any longer.
For being such a small little girl, she’s been a tremendously large part of our family for going on almost 17 years.
My son has not known life without her and my wife hasn’t known our life together without her.
Hanna, you’ve been such a good companion and I know you will be in a much better place when you get to be back together with Jenny and y’all can play with each other again!
emoji22.pngemoji3590.pngemoji22.png
We are going to miss you so much!
13d8491d4b20614194ecc57b5f227054.jpg
91bb92d8cf54aaddbaf5c96dc862bfb2.jpg

It'll be a rough day but soak in every moment with her. Thinking of y'all.