Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

14 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

One of our Corgis had a liver shunt. The dude was just miserable all of the time and rarely looked up. Got the surgery and he’s happy as hell now.

Yep. That's how she was, then it turned into pacing uncontrollably, drooling, not responding to stimulus, head pressing, etc.

The toxins start to screw their brain up. 

Here's Rupp.

I've been a bit apprehensive as it's been so long since I've had a dog, but it's been an awesome 24h. Took to his kennel quite well, and no accidents yet. First vet trip in the morning.

Appreciate the recs on the Sophia Yin books.

My boys are in deep smit.e765c4f097311dd04f1ca5c5c1b14bd7.jpg5120cd268c4072b66834505014187ba1.jpg

e22ffcde0c09280af300b8d754f150d3.jpg

• Like 8

Sadly we lost Lola today. She was a hell of a great girl and gave us a lifetime of love and enjoyment.  I posted about her troubles on the other site and we were fortunate to get as much time as we did.

Rest well, girl. You’ve left a hole in our hearts. 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 10:45 PM, austingirl said:

Edgar has always been a really heavy chewer - took us forever to find toys he wouldn't tear up in a few minutes and that didn't give him tummy issues like those roasted bones. These water buffalo horns are his favorite toy now. They last forever -months- even though he chews on them all the time. I've even caught him sleeping on them like pillows.
6633ff47885f91f00b97f8fc0d2689a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My little boston terrier jackasses were chewing on just about anything, so I bought a 2 pack of these horns on amazon. They fucking love them. It really does hold their attention. Unfortunately, it hurts like hell when you step on or kick one. Fuck.

• Like 1

So this guy. My little eight week old, fifteen pound stubby legged needle tooth ball of cuddles has grown into a 170+ lb galoot with a personality the size of Texas. He'll be 2 in October, but his birthday came early...5bd0f1e57f162989b1386a236e44d286.jpgb15154b8d42f3f0ec4bc6d21038be005.jpg

• Like 2

I never thought it would happen to me...

When I got Hank, I was doing a bunch of remodel work for a neighbor friend named Barbara. She had a friend with a litter of English mastiffs and she was getting a female. I told her I had loved mastiffs since I was a kid but I'm a dog adopter, not a dog buyer so I'll probably never get one. But that's cool, because working at Barbara's house so often I would get to watch her Zoe grow up.

So that week I get a call from her breeder friend who says if you're a friend of Barbara's you're a friend of mine. And she offers me a male, for free. That weekend we drove to Cameron, Tx and picked up Hank.

We also picked up Zoe for Babs. Barbara had been feeling weak and tired for a few weeks and had to be hospitalized when the puppies were ready to go. I told her I would keep Zoe as long as it took for her to get back on her feet. We had Zoe about ten days and Babs called and said "Bring me my girl!".

The dogs got together frequently for awhile while I was working there, but I moved on to other projects, and after about a year Barbara got sicker and sicker. I would go by now and then, but after awhile she didn't want visitors. And Zoe was moved out to an outdoor run 24/7.

Two weeks ago Barbara's son in law called me and said that Babs had finally realized that she wasn't being fair to sweet Zoe and wanted to know if I could take her, either permanently or at least as a foster until they could find her a home. I said "This is her home. Bring me my girl."

Zoe came back home to us last weekend, and my friend Barbara died three days later. She was a tough old Texas lady, maybe a bit stubborn at times, but she put these two in my path and I will forever be grateful.

They haven't missed a beat. 7d827bbd3f9ee43c7e8f3c233520f256.jpgac786647aa816852e4fa6b9d26abd4ce.jpg7758153616bc3677c839ceb3882b835f.jpgb93aa476475bb5075f77423d1f95a9a3.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good god, how much does he eat?

Not as much as he used to. But now we're going through 35-40 lbs a week. It's the heartworm meds that kill me. He needs the large and medium dose, Zoe gets the large and small.