Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Fuck dog cancer.

I had a string of pups that died from it. Had a vet who said to stop having exterminators spray your house. Don't spray chemicals in you yard. Your dogs inhale that shit. I've dealt with having insects since. Every dog since has died of old age. 

May be a coincidence, but fuck if I'm going to ever do it again. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Fuck dog cancer.

I had a string of pups that died from it. Had a vet who said to stop having exterminators spray your house. Don't spray chemicals in you yard. Your dogs inhale that shit. I've dealt with having insects since. Every dog since has died of old age. 

May be a coincidence, but fuck if I'm going to ever do it again. 

I'm tending toward, we give them drugs/chemicals from 12 weeks or so and that is what makes them sick.  Trifexis, Nexgard, Hartgard, at least for my girl.  The one single thing for dogs being sick is vets, and they all give the same prescriptions. 

Pupdate on Rini.  Her oncologist is absolutely pleased with how she has responded to the Palladia.  The tumor on her face, gone.  The ones in her lymph glands, may still be there, but you cannot feel them.  So, we are keeping on.  She has a spring in her step and is a happy dog.  She is even jumping on the bed again and all the other problems (incontinence, diarrhea, etc..) have cleared up.  She is still on a limited food diet, but she can eat her dry food again.  

Now, this is not something I can keep up indefinitely because the cost is about 1k-1.5k a month, but yeah.  I feel like I owe it to her to at least try.  She will let me know when it is time.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

He does it all day. I’m not sure what the difference is at night.

I let him sleep outside his crate last night and then he woke me up at 3:30 freaking out about the thunderstorms we had. It’s like having a baby again. This is not sustainable.

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Its been 11 years, but Hawkeye, the Choclate Lab in one of the most iconic military  funeral photos of this century passed away at the age of 15 this last week. 

dog-image.jpg

Hookem Hawkeye RIP Good boy:

loyaldog.jpg

Dangit.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:02 AM, Buzzrock said:

Little fucker barked in his crate from 11pm until 3:30am. We may be done with the crate years. Wife doesn’t want him sleeping on the furniture though.

My humans tried to pull that shit too

biscuit.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Rini had her third appointment with her oncologist today.  Things are looking good.  She has responded to the Palladia, and the downsizing of her prednisone dose has led to her red blood cell counts going back up (she presented slightly anemic last visit).  Also, her blood calcium levels are back to normal, whereas they were elevated two months ago.  

While Palladia is primarily meant to treat mast cells, it also can help shrink adenocarcinomas.  

We had some rough times, but her urinary tract and bladder are back to normal as is her stomach.  We had some bloody diarrhea and other issues as we were getting her dosages right.  She is regular as a clock and is back on her dry food, which is great.  

He was so impressed by her workups today that she does not have to go back until July.  Then we will do X-Rays and see what is there.  So, ultimately my girl is a fighter.  Funnily enough, she likes going to the vet, especially since she gets car rides there and back.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Give that cancer hell, Rini!

BTW, my dog Penny is prone to UTIs. Vet had me give her D-Mannose supplements daily. Really seems to have helped. It's the stuff in cranberries that helps. 

She only had the one, but when she had it, it was a doozy. That was right after the new cancer diagnosis (two different kinds).  She is a hell of a doggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

My dog is getting bombarded by a mockingbird that won't leave the yard! Got him good a few times. Suggestions for removing that dive-bomber? 

I bought a lifelike plastic owl for my garden because mockingbirds were eating my tomatoes. Worked pretty well.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I bought a lifelike plastic owl for my garden because mockingbirds were eating my tomatoes. Worked pretty well.

Got my dog three times and came at me. um, homie might be looking at a pellet. I will try the suggestion. Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

A couple of nights ago Sebastian chewed the cover off of one of his toys.  When I went to take it from him he swallowed it so I couldn’t get it.  Apparently he pooped it out today. When I got home I found him chewing on this

57AB8645-7B92-4F60-9969-0CB9D378828B.jpeg

Nashville hot chicken leg..