Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Thanks for the kind words. My condolences to those who have lost a pet. I had no idea the level of grief one could feel from losing a pet. I was so miserable the first day I didn't think it was worth it. Now that I'm a couple of days removed, the initial pain is gone and I can see that it definitely was. The good memories are already starting to outweigh the terrible end. It's funny because after we put the kids to bed I had time reflect last night and I found myself missing the little things that used to annoy me. It seemed like every time I'd get sat down he'd be scratching at the door wanting in. It was like he sat out there watching for me to sit down. Anyway, posting about my difficult situation has helped me get through it and maybe it will help someone with a difficult decision down the road. 

Feelin my feels today. My house is going on the market this week and where I'm headed, I can't have any pets so I had to rehome my 11 yr old Boston Terrier. New owner came by and picked her up yesterday. I knew it was coming for a while but still feeling really bummed about it.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, elfenix said:

Biscuit wants to know why I'm still in bed
a50e3ac55c12007942de8169a220bdcc.jpg

PSA: upgrade your dog food and the browning around Biscuits mouth, eyes, and paws will go back to white.  We had the same issue with our dog and started on a fancier dog food and now he's all white again.  We use Natural Balance.

13 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

PSA: upgrade your dog food and the browning around Biscuits mouth, eyes, and paws will go back to white.  We had the same issue with our dog and started on a fancier dog food and now he's all white again.  We use Natural Balance.

Interesting.  Last fall a co-worker picked up a Westie puppy from a retired show dog handler. The litter pictures she had sent the owners when they were ready to be picked up had them looking rough, but when I went with him to get the dog he was pristine. I asked how she got them looking so white and she said she used Dawn dish soap and some old lady shampoo from the beauty supply store. 

She sent the puppy home with some crap food from tractor supply. So maybe that played a large part in them looking like hobos in the pictures.

What kind of pooch is that? He looks like a bad little motherfucker. Looks cool as shit too.
Anyones guess is as good as mine, I think she has some heeler and another person mentioned corgi. She is indeed a badass, steals the show anyplace we go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

what is the most interesting breed mix anyone has seen in person?

in the spring of '99 I saw a rottweiler and basset hound puppy at the dog park on i-35 and east riverside.  the owner claimed it was the result of an accidental breeding.  he had a black and brown coat with the markings of a rottweiler with a docked tail the rest of him looked like a basset hound, maybe with slightly shorter ears.  he was gorgeous.

Just got back from another lump scare at the vet with Kevin.  All clear

29_EF3625_8933_44_A5_982_D_64_BE3_A5_DF7

good boy.

I mean, except for that time with the fedex guy.  On that note, the same FedEx guy that Kevin bit came back by to drop off another package, so I got a chance to talk with him.  Which was nice, to be able to apologize, ask how he's doing, etc.  He's fine, wanted to know if Kevin was ok, shrugged off apologies, etc.  Still makes me sick that that happened but glad to kinda get at least a personal resolution there (Kevin was home quarantined for a week, haven't heard anything else from Fedex).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hornimal said:

what is the most interesting breed mix anyone has seen in person?

in the spring of '99 I saw a rottweiler and basset hound puppy at the dog park on i-35 and east riverside.  the owner claimed it was the result of an accidental breeding.  he had a black and brown coat with the markings of a rottweiler with a docked tail the rest of him looked like a basset hound, maybe with slightly shorter ears.  he was gorgeous.

Think they are illegal now but in the 80's a girl I knew had a German Shepard/Wolf breed. It was not an accident but deliberately bred that way. Very friendly but I remember it having a rear end that looked like it took steroids.