Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Unfortunately I can't choose my neighbors, or neighbor's breed, particularly if they moved in after us.

I don't think the offending pup is a hound, however.

Ultimately, the answer is yes, some breeds especially are just barkers.  It can't be trained out of them, most of the time.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Avoid anything hound. They bark just to hear their own voice. 

and beagles. 

You can call the cops if there are noise ordinances. Good luck with that. 

You can sue in small claims court. 

You might try one of those high frequency emitters that send out a high pitch noise that is painful to their ears when they bark. Stick it in the ground as close to the barking dog as you can get it. However, my mom tried one on the dog across the fence line and it didn't really work. Depends on the dog I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

and beagles. 

You might try one of those high frequency emitters that send out a high pitch noise that is painful to their ears when they bark. Stick it in the ground as close to the barking dog as you can get it. However, my mom tried one on the dog across the fence line and it didn't really work. Depends on the dog I guess. 

My dog would probably just bark at it. 

53 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

You might try one of those high frequency emitters that send out a high pitch noise that is painful to their ears when they bark.

Penny, my basset mix, just laughs at those things. She starts barking, activating the box, and Blue runs into the house to get away from the noise, while Penny keeps barking. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

and beagles. 

Beagles are hounds and yes.  My avatar barks at everything that moves.

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 3/20/2024 at 9:25 AM, Buzzrock said:
831b533966c717cde23a50101afc72ec.jpg

You still have him? Yay!

Yeah. Little fucker. Turns out it’s hard to rehome a dog with a biting history.

We keep him away from other people and we’ve had a couple of recent near misses with people managing to get near him and being dumb (twice now I’ve heard variations on “he was acting strangely so I tried to pet him”). We have to keep a constant vigil. As long as you don’t try to confront him right at the invisible fence line he’s pretty much fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Why the hell have pig ears gotten so expensive?  I have been buying these for at least 5 years from Amazon:

71xoXLEp93L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

...and they recently went from less than $30 to $49!   

Anyone have more affordable mail-order ears to recommend?

Also, here's Juno in bluebonnets, as required by the State of Texas Constitution:

432753427_7235598973202144_2656498609331

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

It's with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce that our precious Pippa girl has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

She has been a brave warrior for these past 2 years after a sudden cancer diagnosis. Her chemotherapy treatments gave her additional time with us that we treasured, but eventually she let us know "it was time".

RIPPippa.thumb.jpeg.185be228dac78c2a29e53240cd9183b2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4