Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

7 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

As noted on another thread, I’ve been in Portugal all month. It’s been by far the longest I’ve been away from my girl for the whole 11 years of her life and I’ll finally get back to her later this week. 

Tishka. The longest relationship of my life.

20887DB7-8D03-4851-9E87-2D3DB1CEBF86.jpeg

Also very similar to your avatar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

As noted on another thread, I’ve been in Portugal all month. It’s been by far the longest I’ve been away from my girl for the whole 11 years of her life and I’ll finally get back to her later this week. 

Tishka. The longest relationship of my life.

you should really have whoever is watching her record when you come back to her.

the only comparable vid to a dog seeing her person after a very long time is a soldiers kids seeing their parent return from deployment. 

neither group can hold back the excitement or tears. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you should really have whoever is watching her record when you come back to her.

the only comparable vid to a dog seeing her person after a very long time is a soldiers kids seeing their parent return from deployment. 

I had a dream a few nights ago that I got to my mom’s house and she let her out of the door and she coming running…

… right past me. Talk about rejection. 

I fully expect her to pee all over me. 😆

8 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I can walk out to the car, realize I forgot something, go back inside, and get one of those greetings from Blue.

• Like 1

ha! Cass (our golden we had to put down last summer) got out one time while we were out. got home and realized she was gone. located her about 3 hours later via fb/neighborhood group. 

guy had taken her home from his workplace where she'd wandered in... said he'd fed her a couple of cheeseburgers and she was chilling.

we go get her, it's pouring rain, husband stays in car and i run in...she gets up when i come in, excited enough to see me...i get her to follow me to the porch then dash for the car....turn around and she's gone back inside to the fireplace and laid down!

dude was at the door cracking up 😂 "guess she liked the cheeseburgers"

husband had to carry her out to the car lol

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, mchookem said:

ha! Cass (our golden we had to put down last summer) got out one time while we were out. got home and realized she was gone. located her about 3 hours later via fb/neighborhood group. 

guy had taken her home from his workplace where she'd wandered in... said he'd fed her a couple of cheeseburgers and she was chilling.

we go get her, it's pouring rain, husband stays in car and i run in...she gets up when i come in, excited enough to see me...i get her to follow me to the porch then dash for the car....turn around and she's gone back inside to the fireplace and laid down!

dude was at the door cracking up 😂 "guess she liked the cheeseburgers"

husband had to carry her out to the car lol

Stories like this are why I'm glad I have had canine kids in my life for over 35 years.  And when they are gone, the stories always bring a smile/laugh from whoever else has a dog.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My 14lb JR mix just ate a whole slice of cookie cake from Walmart.  I think he's ok.

Part of me hopes he shits all over my wife tonight as shes the one who let it happen. 

Should be fine as it’s probably milk chocolate. Dark chocolate is what you have to worry about. And I’ve found out that oreos contain no real chocolate. Biff has eaten an entire box of oreos more than once and just had black shits for a day, but never was really sick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pup has been under my feet since I got back from a 3 week trip. I mean, will not leave me alone. Was cute at first until Tuesday night. I was bringing him in and he ran under my feet as we are going up the steps tripping the hell out of me. To avoid landing on him I slipped more and smashed my head. Pretty good cut on my forehead and probably a light concussion.

So as of today Dog 1 Human 0. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

Mango and Donnie, straight chillin'. The dobie's broken foot is finally healing (or at least not hurting her) 10ish weeks after she broke it at daycare. Keeping a doberman puppy under control when she can't run her energy out was a nightmare. 7dafe64f3dda838b2bce9351cf0251fe.jpg

Donnie looks like he has SEEN SOME SHIT.

he's got that thousand yard stare

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Donnie looks like he has SEEN SOME SHIT.
he's got that thousand yard stare
Dude lived his first 7 years as the only pet. He thought shit got real when a cat came into the mix 3-4 years ago. Then we got a Covid puppy that has turned into a 90 lb juggernaut, and he realized his golden years aren't going to be the relaxing experience he imagined. He's also in his 11th home since being adopted. Easiest and best dog ever, though.
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tailgate said:

ea4265d243788bdbefe2402f4cc52492.jpg
Had to say bye to my boy Tank who was almost 13 a couple weeks ago. Brutal.

Squeeze your furry friends this weekend and have a great 4th with them!

Sorry for your loss Tailgate.  Never easy bidding farewell to a loving dog which I am sure Tank was to you and your family. My family and I are still telling stories about the ways our dogs enriched our lives with love and humorous memories and it has eased the pain of loss as does the passage of time.  Good boy Tank!

• Hook 'Em 2