Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Blue has ripped down the branches of some young trees every year to the point where they now look like shrubs. More branches grow, they fill out, then she cuts them down. Finally figured out her plan...

Butt scratching trees...

20220517_194439.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Welp, I know my dog. He peed in the house a bunch of times while I was at work yesterday and then fell down the stairs today. Took him to the vet to see if it was discospondolytis flaring back up and instead it’s anemia most likely related to the tumors they discovered in his chest, which would explain some of the weird coughing I’ve heard him do. I think what I’m hearing from the vet is that the most aggressive course of action might give him another month, so…. he’s stable right now at home and he’s getting a frozen peanut butter kong as soon as I put the baby down.

look at this dipshit still wanting to jump on the guy coming up to the door. I always joked he’d finally slow down when he died, and that’s about right for Kevin9963B2B8-7785-48FE-AA6E-8026BDD11026.thumb.jpeg.fdc316eb0ecaab486904b4b3fb5436ce.jpeg

He was in your wedding, wasn’t he?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Beagle?  

Yup. Was on a work trip doing some overlanding stuff and one of the employees at the course brought her out. Name was Clementine, which I thought was just perfect for that sweet girl. My wife told me to just scoop her up and bring her home with me. 

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Yup. Was on a work trip doing some overlanding stuff and one of the employees at the course brought her out. Name was Clementine, which I thought was just perfect for that sweet girl. My wife told me to just scoop her up and bring her home with me. 

So did you?  Is she a part of the Surly family now?

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

So did you?  Is she a part of the Surly family now?

I wish. I need a dog in a bad way. Sposed to wait until my youngest turns 3 (another 1.5 yrs) but I don’t know if I want to wait that long. 

miss these two so damn much

53BCDC82-2F6A-4E85-AA15-809C416958D2.jpeg

223B160F-E196-45FE-BA4E-EB26EE582067.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, hookemATL said:

Your neighbors are going to love you. Beagles and bassets...fuckers bark just to hear themselves. Ask me how I know. 

20220209_140007.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh man that was the worst day ever. I still think he thought the fedex guy was going for my wife, not that that’s much for an excuse. Never had him loose when a stranger was at the door after that again.

Kevin was named after the bird from Up. Completely independently, before I met either of them, my wife named our other dog Sully after Monsters, Inc

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Is it the camera or has Luna bulked up?

Here she is a couple.weeks after I got her 4.5 years ago at 60 pounds. She bulked up to 75 pounds and grew 5 inches taller over the next year. She's stayed at 75 since then.

Short answer is, no. In the previous pic she is turning making her look fat.

IMG_20171104_134349.jpg

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 5/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, dcbc said:

Friend of mine has a cockapoo named Ron.  It's a good one.

Years ago, the ex and I had a parakeet named Fred. He could wolf whistle and do the beginning notes of "the great white north".  He'd do it for attention when you walked into the room. Funny ass bird.  After about 2 years with us, I came home one day and found him facedown in his feeding dish. RIP Fred.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Years ago, the ex and I had a parakeet named Fred. He could wolf whistle and do the beginning notes of "the great white north".  He'd do it for attention when you walked into the room. Funny ass bird.  After about 2 years with us, I came home one day and found him facedown in his feeding dish. RIP Fred.

He was weak and stupid, he shouldn't have eaten that key.

• Haha 1