Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 7/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, VABuckeye said:

Might be a new Giant Schnauzer in the house Saturday.   We’re driving down to Roanoke to meet Eli.  He’s a year old and is housebroken, crate trained , ears docked and has had obedience training.  The ears are a nice plus. We haven’t had one with docked ears and it’s an expense and a pita to deal with. 

Former neighbor of ours had one.  Beautiful dogs.

Eli is in the house. Amazing disposition and personality.  OMG for a big dog he has an incredible amount of energy.  Nonstop motion.  I’ll try to post a couple of pics tomorrow if I can get him to sit still for ten seconds.  He’ll be a year old next Saturday and he still has his balls.  Those are going soon which hopefully will slow him down a tad.  

Yeah.  I know.  THey're a very active breed.I'll get better pics at some point.  He doesn't stay still for long.  We'll get him a summer cut as soon as we can get an appointment with the groomer.  He's going to be big.  He's 75 lbs now is and is skin and bones.

spacer.png

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Well friend of mine couldnt/didnt want keep dog because he jumps their fence(pretty low) plus says kids dont play with him....

So meet Rocky(had him for 3 days), took him on a walk today for some leash training
8bd09c85e0f0b966fa9744fc04d2763d.jpg566cf85a98789d61f2386472d1bf3435.jpg

Good man. Sounds like your friend is kind of a flake. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Monroe continues to amaze us with how well she handles everything6ee033715a397f6b47dce94ffa2bd8d4.jpg2c60caaa84392a9686f80f169a9b56cb.jpg671a640ba4f1035db5dbca5acdf06903.jpg

airedale?  I wanted a welsh terrier for a while, and have always liked Airedales.  I think I'll probably end up with something like a standard poodle next, but I love dogs like that (and the giant schnauzer too).

• Like 1

My brother has an airedale.  Very smart and very active dog.  They’ve done zero training. 

Eli is perfectly crate trained.  Sleeps in there all night and doesn’t make a peep.  We forgot to close the crate door the night before last and he stayed in the crate all night and waited for his release command in the morning to exit the crate.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

airedale?  I wanted a welsh terrier for a while, and have always liked Airedales.  I think I'll probably end up with something like a standard poodle next, but I love dogs like that (and the giant schnauzer too).

Yes an airedale, 4.5 months old now. Great dogs, barely shed.

This is my 3rd on my own, my family has had a total of 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

My brother has an airedale.  Very smart and very active dog.  They’ve done zero training. 

Eli is perfectly crate trained.  Sleeps in there all night and doesn’t make a peep.  We forgot to close the crate door the night before last and he stayed in the crate all night and waited for his release command in the morning to exit the crate.  

We are pretty diligent with training with Monroe. Airedales are very smart and can be stubborn, if you don't train them when they are young you are bound for trouble

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

We are pretty diligent with training with Monroe. Airedales are very smart and can be stubborn, if you don't train them when they are young you are bound for trouble

Our puppy has trained my wife and kids, hopefully it’s not too late for him when they get back home.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, austingirl said:

How did we let this get off the first page?

Here's my now 70-lb, 7-month-old puppy still thinking he's a lap dog.

030e0771c30425eb6865a67fe78f43c1.jpg

And here's Rocket and Edgar after we picked them up from the dog ranch after boarding for a week. That's my 11-yo son under them. You can't tell from the pic but Rocket has his front legs around my son's neck. Like a hug.

c34cae30d06fa2f8d74eaf96336f89ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happens all the time at my house.  Two fight for the attention, one wins out, and the other puts her ass right in my face.

My gf will say, "What's wrong with Kona?", to which I'll reply, "She's giving me the butt because Oz is getting the attention right now".

F'n A-holes.

My dog passed almost a year ago. Pyrenees/lab mix. I came home from work yesterday and surprised the kids (and the wife a little) with a dog. Wife knew, it’s just this dog is bigger than she expected.

Here’s Penny. Almost 5 month old mix. Has Pyrenees in her (double dew claw) but that’s about all we know. Mom was about 40 lbs. She’s about 17 now.

8860755ad5afcb83e5cd00547dbfdb7d.jpg637dc6f7bfb923731c2c3c8a462fb0e4.jpg

• Like 8

Man, I struggle with clipping my pups' nails.  Well, the Corgi doesn't really mind, but the f'n Shar Pei freaks out to those clippers.  I got into the quick once and she has a loooooong memory.

Anyway, one of my neighbors mentioned that she files her dog's raptor claws down with a dremel.

I thought, "Man, that's a little aggressive".  

After trying the cutters again this morning and having to chase Kona around the place I said to myself, "Fuck it, might as well try that dremel thing".

Holy shit, I SHOULDA HAD A V8!!!  Nails are perfect, and aside from the machine's noise, neither minded much.  Fast too.

Threw the clippers away right after the session.

/CSB

• Like 1

We've had Zoe for a year now. She's turned out to be an extremely intelligent dog, if a bit overzealous with her attention needs. I guess that's to be expected since she spent the better part of her first couple years by herself in a small run outside. Her and Hank will be 3 in October and they are absolutely joined at the hip. 81da041058ca0c700a6f37e2b78e968d.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah Biff starts screaming, literally, when we get near him with the clippers. Had a bad experience with a vet a few years back and he's never forgotten. He goes to a new vet now to get it done because we can't do it. 

I just let the vet do their nails. It's 15 bucks. Worth every cent. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, kmac30 said:

My dog passed almost a year ago. Pyrenees/lab mix. I came home from work yesterday and surprised the kids (and the wife a little) with a dog. Wife knew, it’s just this dog is bigger than she expected.

Here’s Penny. Almost 5 month old mix. Has Pyrenees in her (double dew claw) but that’s about all we know. Mom was about 40 lbs. She’s about 17 now.

8860755ad5afcb83e5cd00547dbfdb7d.jpg637dc6f7bfb923731c2c3c8a462fb0e4.jpg

Awesome looking dog.

• Like 2

we put down our golden today.  cancer.  almost made it to 12.  was given to us by a friend when she was 8 weeks old before we had kids.  as we had kids she was awesome with them.  couldn't have asked for a better friend for them.  sleep well sweetheart.

• Like 8