Patricio Swayze

Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Had a lady friend over for sexy time at my place, which is breaking one of my rules, but that's how it goes. Turns out Luna is not a fan, and wouldn't stop whining at my bedroom door while we got our freak on. 

Any suggestions? Not letting her in my room because she just stares like a serial killer, and it's weird. 

Our first dog is a cool little terrier mutt.  Plenty neurotic from when she was abandoned, but smart and well behaved.  Now we're on to #2.  Doodles being all the rage, and me being anti-doodle somewhat, we've reached a compromise.
Blue-heeler doodle.  Cadoodle, I think they call them.  Supposedly smart as a whit.  Active.  I might have a new ranch/hiking buddy.  Being vetted by the rescue/adoption place now.  We always had Heelers and Aussies at the ranch as cattle dogs, so I know what we're in for to some extent.  
Looks like these two - scruffy little muppets
1535602786-cadoodle-puppies-rough-collie-lassie-x-toy-poodle-578a543d1f071.jpg

Love herding dogs. All mine have been Aussies, Heelers, Borders or some kind of mix. Smart dogs can be a chore when they are young but when the get it, they get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

Love herding dogs. All mine have been Aussies, Heelers, Borders or some kind of mix. Smart dogs can be a chore when they are young but when the get it, they get it.

Any puppy advice?  Besides a military-esc schedule for potty training which we're gearing up for.  This little monkey is going to learn to love soccer fields.  Practices 4 days a week.  Games.  Tournaments.  She'll be going everywhere with us.  I run/ruck a lot during the kids practices, so she'll start that with me immediately.  

Any puppy advice?  Besides a military-esc schedule for potty training which we're gearing up for.  This little monkey is going to learn to love soccer fields.  Practices 4 days a week.  Games.  Tournaments.  She'll be going everywhere with us.  I run/ruck a lot during the kids practices, so she'll start that with me immediately.  

All of them have different personalities. Be firm, consistent and loving. Never had an issue potty training. The one I had that was the wildest as a puppy ended up the sweetest best behaved adult I’ve ever had.

Socialize the living hell out of them. Put them in every situation possible when they are puppies. Other people, other animals, loud noises, just whatever. 

We found out today that Finn has not grown out of his "I'm going to eat all the christmas ornaments I can reach on the tree" phase.  Wife went ballistic as a lot of them were family heirloom ornaments.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

We found out today that Finn has not grown out of his "I'm going to eat all the christmas ornaments I can reach on the tree" phase.  Wife went ballistic as a lot of them were family heirloom ornaments.

Neighbors cross the street from us had to take their old lab to the vet for obstruction issues.  Turned out he'd been eating her dirty panties out of the hamper and crapping them out in the back yard.  Then got backed up and had to have surgery.

It could always be worse.....

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

When it happens, immediately induce vomiting with 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of body weight. Blue ate a bunch last year and got the hydrogen peroxide to her in the first 30 minutes and she threw up all the ingested ornaments. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

When it happens, immediately induce vomiting with 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 pounds of body weight. Blue ate a bunch last year and got the hydrogen peroxide to her in the first 30 minutes and she threw up all the ingested ornaments. 

Luckily he doesn't actually eat them, he just destroys them and leaves them in pieces everywhere.

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Had a lady friend over for sexy time at my place, which is breaking one of my rules, but that's how it goes. Turns out Luna is not a fan, and wouldn't stop whining at my bedroom door while we got our freak on. 

Any suggestions? Not letting her in my room because she just stares like a serial killer, and it's weird. 

Put a leash on the girl and leave the door open. Dog will prly stay out.