Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Rocket had his surgery consult yesterday. He definitely needs surgery on both hips but the surgeon thinks he is a good candidate for either a full hip replacement or a procedure called a femoral head ostectomy, which is much less invasive and will still relieve his pain and allow him to run around like a normal dog. FHO also has a significantly shorter recovery time (~3-4 weeks compared to 3 months). We're going with that one, and he'll have the first side done within the next 2-3 months. It's nice to think that we're close to getting him some relief! Has anyone had experience with Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital? Dr. Kerpsack will do the operation.

• Like 1

Dog went back to the trainer for a few days of boarding while we were out of town. Wife picked her up and trainer is telling her about a litter coming up. My wife loves his dogs, so she casually tells him to send me info when they come. That was yesterday. Today I got a pic of 8 pups. 5 black and 3 chocolate 1day old labs. I would love a second dog but think my wife is just teasing. I have the info and might pull the trigger. Wife’s bday is today.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, TexasHooch said:

Chester just turned 1!  He's a challenge, but he's going to be a great dog.

10282d9cf52b65a4902a881a45b60ed2.jpg

0?ui=2&ik=76f7c0aad7&attid=0.1&permmsgid

0?ui=2&ik=76f7c0aad7&attid=0.1&permmsgid

You want challenge?  Try a Corgi.  Fuuuuuuuuuuk. I had no idea what I was getting into.  Wish I'd watched this before procuring.  Wait for it...

On 1/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, Cajun said:

You want challenge?  Try a Corgi.  Fuuuuuuuuuuk. I had no idea what I was getting into.  Wish I'd watched this before procuring.  Wait for it...

Wife wants a Corgi next.  I'll have to show her that.  

We've always had big, lazy dogs (1 Bernese/Pyr mix in my avatar and currently 2 Newfies).  They fit our lifestyle.  But she's tired of the Newfie drool.

28 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Wife wants a Corgi next.  I'll have to show her that.  

We've always had big, lazy dogs (1 Bernese/Pyr mix in my avatar and currently 2 Newfies).  They fit our lifestyle.  But she's tired of the Newfie drool.

You will get the exact opposite of a big, lazy dog with a corgi.

Imagine a water bug with an IV Was espresso drip.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Pretty girl there.  Full Airedale?

Eli is doing well at board and train.  We got an update today and some pics.  We miss the hell out of him and cant't wait until Mondaty morning at 11 AM when we go to pick him up.  His eyes look sad to me.  8-(

spacer.png

Yes she's full Airedale.

Eli is a good looking dog, I don't know if I could send Monroe off for training for an extended period.

What good does sending your dog off for training do? It comes back a different dog you had nothing to do with shaping.

The most important thing about training is building the bond of trust between dog and owner.

The dog learning your cues and you his builds a line of communication that will only grow.

Not hating just doesnt make sense to me.

Edited by MissingInAction

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

What good does sending your dog off for training do? It comes back a different dog you had nothing to do with shaping.

The most important thing about training is building the bond of trust between dog and owner.

The dog learning your cues and you his builds a line of communication that will only grow.

Not hating just doesnt make sense to me.

Get outta here with all your fancy logic!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Just got a Goldendoodle.  Smart as a whip, but hard to train it seems

My rule on puppies is even negative attention is attention. Dogs hate being ignored. Ignoring them is a powerful tool. Do something bad, get put in some sort of timeout and don't even look at them. 

• Like 2

lol! We have two Corgis and they’re definitely a handful of personality. Ours just put up with us. lol! Seriously though, great dogs and we love the F out of them. aebbb6aee30a29aa2d33fbd15a21df2b.jpg
  • Like 5