Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Fuck. My 16 yo girl can’t catch a break these days. Woke yesterday to a swollen eye. Treated with topical antibacterial ointment until the vet opened today. Turns out she has a massive ulcer in her cornea that became infected and is threatening her eye. On a heavy medical treatment regimen, with Dad administering eye drops every two hours for next two days. Who needs sleep?

Adding insult to her injury, she’s been placed in the cone of shame.

6919a7b1c8df371584c7bfb8f44c84e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/7/2018 at 9:29 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Anyone have any Austin trainer recs?  Asshole just demolished the parents while dog sitting over the weekend. He needs to be broke. 

The best dog trainers are really owner trainers.

Dogs being dogs while I mow.  They've taken to eating the peaches that fall from the tree.

20180509_172315_zpssz28nqxl.jpg

Daisy went for a swim at Inks Lake.  Every time someone jumped from the big rocks she wanted to retrieve them.

20180513_122119_zpsc5slhvhk.jpg

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 3

Update on Chloe...she’s going to have to lose her right eye to prevent the infection from spreading. Given she can’t see much anyway, she’ll just have to adjust to being a wink emoji dog. Unfortunately, it has spread to her left eye and we are fighting the infection real time. Last night i was up every two hours putting steroid and antibiotic drops in her eye. Same tonight. I’m exhausted, but she’s far more tired and in pain. Tomorrow she will at least be in less discomfort. Going to be strange having a one eyed dog for whatever time she has left. But I know she isn’t happy at the moment and I just want her to wag her tail again. As long as she can. 

• Like 4

This is Ollie.  One of my dad's golden retrievers.  No sads - he had a good 14 year run.  He was found stranded after Ike, rail thin with ringworms - my first memory of him was this skinny dog with a big head in a crate.  Very calm dude, definitely the dog of the house.  Liked pets.  Not much for retrieving.  But he was a good boy.  He had a heart condition and was on borrowed time already this year, but got an abscessed tooth that had already turned to sepsis by the time they identified and removed it.  And it was going to be too much to put him through, so his watch has ended.

ollie2.jpg

ollie1.jpg

ollie3.jpg

good boy Ollie

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 9

Update on Chloe...she’s going to have to lose her right eye to prevent the infection from spreading. Given she can’t see much anyway, she’ll just have to adjust to being a wink emoji dog. Unfortunately, it has spread to her left eye and we are fighting the infection real time. Last night i was up every two hours putting steroid and antibiotic drops in her eye. Same tonight. I’m exhausted, but she’s far more tired and in pain. Tomorrow she will at least be in less discomfort. Going to be strange having a one eyed dog for whatever time she has left. But I know she isn’t happy at the moment and I just want her to wag her tail again. As long as she can. 

Well, Chloe is now Chlinky the Winky. She’s drugged, but she already looks better.

8313746dfb23606fbc72f1c6be636c49.jpg

Celery, thanks for sharing the photos with us, looks like your dad had a great golden there. What a sweet grey face. Godspeed Ollie.

Sending white light to you Miss Chloe, get well and just want you to know you can wink at me anytime.

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just had to put my dog down today. We adopted him 13 yrs ago from Blue Dog Rescue here in Austin. He was just an amazing dog. My family is crushed. Two boys 11 & 8 have never lived without him in their lives.  

Man. Sorry. We were touch and go. And she’s been here 16 years (my 12 and 10 year old girls balled). So I know how you’d family feels. 

Well it’s been awhile since I posted here. Getting banned didn’t help, but I come back with bad news. Found out today that the pup has cancer. Real kick in the dick on a Saturday. Go see the oncologist on the 30th.

fb85894c4195b86e911e05b35be61c54.jpg92d0420b31e429f988f14097d19035a8.jpg

And my girls dog his new partner in crime. The vicious baby murdering machine....

e31005d2a149b3e968ddc2166566427b.jpg4ae5106a45c7a9de8d077aa724b66a22.jpg

• Like 2

missed seeing all kinds of pics of Derp.

really sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis Juicy.

My girl fucked up her back leg running in the backyard last week.  She cant jump anymore and refuses to go up stairs... but she walks around just fine.   gonna hit up the vet on tuesday

Loving this thread!  We had two rescues and lost one late last year.  It had been about 4-5 months and the wife and I had began to discuss getting another dog.  I wanted a silver lab and she wanted something smaller, some little unspecified shitty yappy lap dog and we were at a standstill, neither one budging.  Then one night several weeks ago we went to Hub Streat to celebrate a friends birthday and someone had a 6 month old Great Dane that was the sweetest dog in the world.  Not sure what happened after that but I when I woke up the next morning there was a 10 week old Great Dane puppy shitting all over my house.

aDoA99i.jpg?1

GQE0XYc.jpg?1

In the month since we got her she's gone from 18 to almost 40 pounds and the wife and I stopped drinking.

• Like 4

This mofo has gotten lazy over the years. He used to stand at the door till we let him out. Now, if we don't get there fast enough, he just lets out one of those dog sighs and lays here and stares at us till we take pity on him. Mind you, he has enough energy to bark nonstop at the guy replacing the neighbors' upstairs windows. Priorities.036d57eef0772d577efd2842effa0e35.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, Bert Orange said:

Well, Chloe is now Chlinky the Winky. She’s drugged, but she already looks better.

8313746dfb23606fbc72f1c6be636c49.jpg

biscuit went through the same back in 2014, but he was already blind due to cataracts in both eyes and a detached retina in the eye was was removed.  most people don't even notice that he's a little one-eyed dog.

I now remember why I don’t post in this thread much. It’s just too hard seeing bad news. 

Might sound cheesy, but while I genuinely get bummed I gladly do it to honor the pooches and their owners. When we lost our Winston I really couldn’t talk about it to anyone or I’d just break down, but I could at least post about it on the old board and he got the standard shaggy send off. It’s helps a bit.

Today I got a punch in the gut when replacing some bedroom furniture. Pulled some clothes out of one of the drawers and discovered a couple of long lost items. One was Winston’s puppy training certificate, the other was an old Christmas card from the wife where she had also signed for four dogs that have all passed. Just about sucked the breath out of me.