Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

We said goodbye to Shelby today. She was 12.5 years old. She beat cancer this past year but unfortunately kidney failure was too much. She was a hell of a fighter and her vet oncologist said she’s a huge success story on the cancer front and plans to write her case up for the vet journals.

She was sweet, friendly, gentle, playful. She liked walks, pets, car rides, swimming, fetch, hunting squirrels, and helping us cook. She greeted us at the door every time we came home and she snuggled up against me during the night. She was about as close to perfect as we could possibly ask for. I’ve had other great dogs and generally love most dogs but she really takes the cake for me.

We got her as a puppy from a foster family. We always considered her a chocolate lab but assume she had a slight mix because she was small and her coat was incredibly soft. We submitted a DNA breed test to give us a little more info so we don’t always wonder.

We’ll miss her terribly but once the sadness passes we’ll still have the good memories.

Here’s a few pics from the years:

961c74bdeab58cc26accd14b58467b90.jpg

8eed904672a079c6a86d617113247bf2.jpeg

c99158bd088b7fca6ba67c98b3c57439.jpg

9cf77d215000d284444203e897ee9d45.jpeg

dd3666a15892f6bee740cf512381bc1b.jpeg

ffd196ec2f5bdabc628cfec505850a35.jpg

663188550ff52e88dcb2738c18c4ff1b.jpg

So long my friend. Tell Dusty we said hi and I’ll throw the ball when I get there.

Rip Shelby.

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

Shout out to Chewy.com who sent us flowers after Shelby's death. We were ordering her food and IV fluids through them and I think my wife called to cancel an auto-shipment so they figured it out. We were pretty surprised by this but it's a good way to build customer loyalty.

They are amazing. Anytime they send the wrong thing I just keep it out of respect for how they treat their customers. My wife orders something from there at least 3 times a week. 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:07 PM, Clintonaldo said:

They are amazing. Anytime they send the wrong thing I just keep it out of respect for how they treat their customers. My wife orders something from there at least 3 times a week. 

Chewy.com is great, although my vet's office now has a storefront portal on their website that actually beats their pricing. I have to buy a $100 bag of food for Blue every four weeks and that $10 a month I save may not seem like much, but...

I guess I'll give it a shot, and if their delivery isn't up to Chewy's standards, I can just switch back. 

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. 

have 2 blond scotties and youngest is 11 years old. Liver cancer. A few weeks left at best. She is smallest scotty we have ever seen but is a Napoleon complex, don’t fuck with me attitude. 
Also want to say to people who say dogs have no soul, fuck you. 

Say a prayer for Dixie. Not sure if the wife will make it thru this. She LOVES this dog more than me. Will post some pics of our little Gordita soon. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Thoughts and prayers to Dixie, and to you.

As someone who has had dogs for 50 years, there is always a spot in your heart for the next one. The next one always helps you move on. 

Just not sure I can do it any more. It just hurts more and more every time. Definitely no more pure breds. 

[mention=1238]AL_4_ISU[/mention]...How old were they when you first introduced them to the boat?  No issues or fear from the dogs?  Great photo.

Oliver has been going on the boat since he was 2. He never had any issues, but he’s always been a cool customer in any situation.

Franklin is 10 months and today was his first time. He was fucking terrified for the first hour but is clearly adapting in real time.

• Hook 'Em 1

So i had my boxer for 13 years. He died suddenly and in a pussy.  After 5 years I’m still not over the loss I see another boxer and I run to it like a basic white girl to Starbucks.  I’m one of those avoid heartache dudes so I don’t want another dog even though deep down I do.  I like my freedom. And I like not dealing with another loss. My little girl who is a super star. Does everything right. Great grades. Chores always helping has been asking for a Frenchy for ages.  I legit would love to have one but damn I dunno what to do. I’m sure I know the reply here.  But does anyone have frenchies. Anything I need to know?  Not saying I will get one. But I may 

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So i had my boxer for 13 years. He died suddenly and in a pussy.  After 5 years I’m still not over the loss I see another boxer and I run to it like a basic white girl to Starbucks.  I’m one of those avoid heartache dudes so I don’t want another dog even though deep down I do.  I like my freedom. And I like not dealing with another loss. My little girl who is a super star. Does everything right. Great grades. Chores always helping has been asking for a Frenchy for ages.  I legit would love to have one but damn I dunno what to do. I’m sure I know the reply here.  But does anyone have frenchies. Anything I need to know?  Not saying I will get one. But I may 

They are expensive, and are targets for dog thieves. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Yeah, if they can get good money for them.

I know two people who had Frenchies stolen, and the dog that sired my dog, Penny, was stolen from his owners. He was a purebred basset.

I want to figure out how to make an internal chip for dogs that gives gps information.  as of yet they haven’t figured out battery life but if there was a way to make a battery last for a year I’d pay to have it swapped out every 12 months and I think many other people would too.  if someone stole my dog I think I might go insane.  I would certainly become a murderer if I ever found the person. 

• Hook 'Em 1