Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

The wife and I got this guy yesterday. He’s a 4 month old Malamute that’s already 42 lbs. He’s supposed to get up around 100 lbs when full grown.
2iksh03.jpg 

You just got a puppy and you’re about to have a baby? Damn man. You must hate sleep. :)

On 5/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

The wife and I got this guy yesterday. He’s a 4 month old Malamute that’s already 42 lbs. He’s supposed to get up around 100 lbs when full grown.

2iksh03.jpg 

So the original owner that gave him to us asked me on Tuesday if we’d give him back because she missed him and loved him so much. Said she felt like she made a terrible decision to give him up. She took him back yesterday afternoon. The wife cried a lot. If I didn’t work with the woman I would have been a lot more of an asshole to her. 

9 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

So the original owner that gave him to us asked me on Tuesday if we’d give him back because she missed him and loved him so much. Said she felt like she made a terrible decision to give him up. She took him back yesterday afternoon. The wife cried a lot. If I didn’t work with the woman I would have been a lot more of an asshole to her. 

This problem is easily solved and two dogs instead of one get happy families. You know what to do. 

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This problem is easily solved and two dogs instead of one get happy families. You know what to do. 

We’ll get another dog but wait a bit until after the kid is born. I’m more just annoyed she let my wife get really attached to the puppy and then take it back. My wife’s dad is a shitty pet owner and multiple times gave away several of her pets while she was gone (her parents are divorced).

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Like 1

That's aggravating, she seems confused, tomorrow or a day soon, she will not want the dog again.

You should have cited the pivotal case of Dunne v. Christmas; 189 A. 2d. 436 (R.I. 1994), where the court not only roundly rejected the doctrine of "quitsies no startsies", but also upheld well-settled jurisprudence that one cannot "triple stamp a double stamp". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

KNtkTbq1_t.jpeg

I cant believe it has been over a year since I posted on my favorite thread. Let me reintroduce Ellie, my lab mix. 

Unfortunately, I have a few questions related to parvo exposure: tl;dr - my vaccinated 2.5 yr. old dog was exposed to parvo Wednesday (via roommates 11 week old pup), so I’m wondering  whether there is anything I need to do at this point & how much disinfecting needs to happen?

My roommate acted like the pup’s vet said we didn’t need to do anything, but after researching, a lot of articles recommended throwing away all porous objects - including toys, beds, bones, collars, leashes. Plus, of course bleach is basically the only thing that kills the virus, and our carpet and laminate can’t be bleached. 

So has anyone previously dealt with parvo and have advice? I am calling my vet later, but sometimes they give advice based on the worst case scenario that costs mucho dinero. I also know I will be stuck with all the required cleaning, but at least it will be done right.

Edited by texfan11

Theres an AB that breaks the windows in the house which it lives, this has to be the third or fourth time he's done this. We walk by, he sees us, starts barking, then decides the glass is in his way, uses his big ole head and breaks the glass. You can hear the panes of glass hitting the ground. Then the big guy sticks his head out for more barking. Gets Chuy riled up and I'm just thinking to myself, "everyone chill the fuck out"

I got Cujo over here breaking glass and Chuy on the other end, running til her leash wont allow, then springing 5 feet into the air, both dogs barking like crazy. Chill the fuck.out.

I have nothing but great experiences with ABs, really not worried if he gets out and comes over to us. More concerned about him breaking the window and cutting himself.

And we walk on the sidewalk across the street from the dog.

• Like 1