Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 9/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

another youtube recomendation.... although this could technically go into the Bevoette and Jade thread,  most of you will understand why I posted it here once you get to the actual dogwash part where the owners sister steps in...

The channel is Life with Malamutes.... I watch occasionally, this big fluffy dude has a condition that requires a bath every week, and he pouts over and over again when told its bath time. And at 130#... he kinda dictates what he wants to do.

I wouldn't mind Miss blue yoga pants giving me a bath.

1 hour ago, Player said:

Man, I’m sorry to hear that SBB. Crosby has been a mainstay here for a long time.

Hope you can get him out on the boat again. He always looked so happy, albeit completely unqualified, when he was serving as first mate.

Haven't been able to get him on board for about a year.  He's too big to lift, and he can't jump aboard like he used to (and for whatever reason is terrified of the dock steps).  He seagoing days are behind him.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Well, the old boy is on the clock.  He has a mass on his liver that is getting bigger- along with other tumors all over the place.  He's managed it with medication for awhile, but on Monday he got where he couldn't move.  Took him in to confirm the mass hadn't burst and was bleeding internally, and the ultrasound confirmed it had not.  But bloodwork has elevated white bloodcell counts and it's just a matter of time.  We have him on more medication than most assisted living places dole out.  He has a little more pep in him, but he has slowed waaay down.  Surgery at 11+years old for a 100+ lb lab is not reall ypractical.  If he survived, he might not physically recover, so that does him no good.  So comfort is the by word.  But when it appears he is not longer comfortable, I won't keep him alive for me.  But it will fucking kill me to say goodbye.  I have the "gifts of peace" home pet euthanasia folks on speed dial, so we can do it at home.  Fuck, I'm choked up typing this.  He fucking means the world to me.  unlike any animal I've ever owned, and it's not close.

spacer.png 

Sorry to hear it SBB. Just went through this myself a little over 3 weeks ago. It gets a little easier every day but is still far from easy. I wish you and your old boy all the best. Sounds like when it’s time, you will know. In the meantime, enjoy every moment and spoil that guy like crazy. I’m sure you are.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thx, but he’s not RIP’d yet.  In fact this morning he’s got a little life to him.  He was able to (slowly) trudge out and get the newspaper for the first time this week.  That’s his favorite task (mostly cuz he knows there’s a dog treat waiting when he brings it in).  So he keeps on ticking for now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Losing my dog soon.  I brought her home the day after the National championship game in Jan ‘06.  I’m hoping she can rebound and find some last good days but I’m afraid she only has weeks if not days left.  Did one of those memorial paw prints today. 🙁

one good outcome of covid is that I’ve spent a lot of time with her over the last 6 months.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Losing my dog soon.  I brought her home the day after the National championship game in Jan ‘06.  I’m hoping she can rebound and find some last good days but I’m afraid she only has weeks if not days left.  Did one of those memorial paw prints today. 🙁

one good outcome of covid is that I’ve spent a lot of time with her over the last 6 months.

Hang in there Eddie.  Give her your love for whatever time you have.  I find myself just laying with him just so he knows how much I love him.   He already did, but I want to drive it home.  Fucking dogs, man.  They are incredible, aren’t they?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Apparently Jacaré reads this thread. The old man turned 12 this week and to spite me for what I said, he killed a cat this morning. I wake up to him carrying it into his house. No tags and it was in our backyard (he didn’t get out and kill it). It sure if it was a stray or not, but if you let your cat roam the neighborhood and they come into my yard, my dogs will solve your cat problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Apparently Jacaré reads this thread. The old man turned 12 this week and to spite me for what I said, he killed a cat this morning. I wake up to him carrying it into his house. No tags and it was in our backyard (he didn’t get out and kill it). It sure if it was a stray or not, but if you let your cat roam the neighborhood and they come into my yard, my dogs will solve your cat problem.

People who let their cats roam free are assholes anyway.  Cats do an incredible amount of damage to bird populations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

I don't think so. She's supposed to be half lab/half golden. But she does look newfie there. She normally looks like this.

Elena-Bed1.jpg

Good looking pup!  And she still looks like there's some Newfie in there to me.

Edited by Chewbacca

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

spacer.png