2019 NFL Mock Draft Mockery Thread

satyanash

Murray has a cannon, a baseball arm. Dude is very accurate downfield and has excellent field vision.  Lots of people here thought Mariota would not make it but Murray is better. 

Murray has an ok arm but not a cannon, give me a break sooner...I hope he plays football so I can watch him get smashed and cry afterward
  • Haha 1

I'm a big fan of QB Tyree Jackson (University of Buffalo).

He's kind of big:
HT:  6'7"
WT: 249
Arms: 35"
Hands: 10"

And he was awesome in the games I saw him in ~September/early October.

This ranking has him as the 11th Best QB Prospect: http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019-nfl-draft/2019-quarterback-rankings/

...But I think that he'll jump some of those players ahead of him. This article has a video followed by tweets with short videos & commentary on his production.

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/01/22/nfl-draft-prospect-tyree-jackson-senior-bowl-scouts-dream/38939283/

On 1/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Machinator said:

Would love for the Pokes to pick up Jackson in the 7th round (if he's still there) and then slap him on the practice squad for 2-3 years. He's only 21 still and used YouTube videos to learn QB technique rather than having a personal QB coach since he was in the 5th grade.

That being said, it looks like people don't think much of the QBs who played in the Señor Bowl.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Slippery Rock representin'!

On 1/28/2019 at 10:07 PM, Machinator said:

Calvin Anderson turning some NFL Scout's heads....

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-OL-Calvin-Anderson-positive-impression-for-2019-NFL-Draft-at-NFLPA-Collegiate-Bowl-128358487/

Considering NFL Draft Scout listed him (Calvin) as one of the top offensive tackles in the game based on his week of practice, Anderson is going to have a good chance of continuing his career beyond his one season with the Longhorns. Matt Miller, who covers the NFL draft for Bleacher Report, was one of the notable draft analysts who spoke highly of Anderson (and Texas State tight end Keenan Brown, an Oklahoma State graduate transfer) after watching a practice leading up to the game.

“(Anderson and Brown) have caught my eye as good athletes with the tools teams want,” Miller posted on Twitter. “Both can be (NFL roster) players.”

27 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Matt Miller is a UT fan (alum?), so that should be taken into account. That said, He has both Nelson and Beck as 7th round selections, Omenihu as a 3rd round pick, and both Boyd and Johnson as 4th round picks.

Edit: and LJH in the 4th

Edited by Machinator

https://theathletic.com/797231/2019/02/05/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-3-0-a-trade-up-for-dwayne-haskins-in-this-two-round-scenario/

56. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas
With his large wingspan and inside-outside versatility on the defensive line, Omenihu is already looking at property in the New England area.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

i wonder if senior year would have gotten him higher or if 4th is is best shot?

He's not gonna get any bigger or faster, and it's not likely that he would have had a senior season that eclipsed last year's productivity. It makes sense for him to come out. It's not like he's Charles O who had solid if unspectacular Freshman through Junior seasons, only to breakout in his senior year. I guess LJH could have improved his route running and become a bit more technically proficient, but that's not gonna bring him from the 4th round to the 1st round. And really, after mid-second round, there isn't much difference in money after that. This has been posted before, but here's a chart from 2016 demonstrating contract value by round:

Sports CoD 4 27 17

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Has the motherfucking thread policing gotten so gosh damned stupid on this site that there isn't a fucking thread about the UT invites and snubs to the combine on this board? I came over here to find it and read on it and there is not a fucking mention that I can find besides what you just posted. It's fucking dumb. Give me a link and I'll start a thread on it.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has the motherfucking thread policing gotten so gosh damned stupid on this site that there isn't a fucking thread about the UT invites and snubs to the combine on this board? I came over here to find it and read on it and there is not a fucking mention that I can find besides what you just posted. It's fucking dumb. Give me a link and I'll start a thread on it.

I started a thread.

51407060_2522657791114295_5754382429968138240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=9fcfda95963967c2409ce2555977389f&oe=5CB5B3B6
Yeah i saw people saying he might go in top 10...i just cant see a nfl team picking him that high

Sure it could work but man he is like 5'8 or 5'9... I dont think nfl teams are going to buy in that quick...yeah there has been some success with undersized guys but top 10 would shock the hell out of me

5 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Yeah i saw people saying he might go in top 10...i just cant see a nfl team picking him that high

Sure it could work but man he is like 5'8 or 5'9... I dont think nfl teams are going to buy in that quick...yeah there has been some success with undersized guys but top 10 would shock the hell out of me

You can't see an NFL team making a stupid pick??? Especially with a QB?? These idiots took Johnny Foosball in the first round. RB is the biggest head scratcher for me. What's the point of taking Fournette with the 4th overall pick when guys like Cook, Kamara, Conner, Hunt etc are going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds??? 

• Like 1

People were saying the same about Baker Mayfield and how they didn't think he would be drafted that high and he went#1 overall. But I always bought into him and thought he would be the best QB of that class.

Someone is absolutely going to take a chance on him. Most likely in the top 10. I can see the Giants drafting him at 8. Eli is just about done and they want someone to go with Saquan.

Small or not he's either the best or 2nd best QB in this class. And it's a QB league.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Did Kiper drop a new mock draft? 

Might as well take advantage of my ESPN+ free trial that I got for baseball...

A lot has happened since my first 2019 NFL mock draft in mid-January. The first-round draft order was set after the Patriots beat the Rams in Super Bowl LIII. We've seen the nation's best senior prospects perform against each other at the Senior Bowl. And Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray has spurned baseball and committed to playing football.

That means it's the perfect time for another shot at projecting the first round of this draft, going 1-32 and explaining my thoughts on each pick.

With the NFL combine in Indianapolis coming at the end of the month, we'll know much more about medical evaluations and true height/weight on every prospect. That matters. And as always, I'm predicting the top 32 picks here based on a combination of my Big Board rankings, each team's needs right now and my view on positions that could be upgraded. Here we go:

1. Arizona Cardinals
Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

No change at the top here -- Bosa is the top prospect in this class. He can be an elite pass-rusher at the next level, just like his brother Joey. His workouts at the combine will be closely watched to see if he's back at full strength after his core muscle injury. As far as the fit in a 3-4 defense in Arizona, this quote last week from new defensive coordinator Vance Joseph stood out: "4-3 college ends, they grow to be outside 'backers. It's a learned ability." Joseph's former team in Denver used a top-five pick on Bradley Chubb last year, and Joseph converted him to outside linebacker -- opposite Von Miller -- and he had 12 sacks as a rookie. The 6-foot-4, 263-pound Bosa would have a good edge-rushing partner in Chandler Jones.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

If the Niners don't trade down to add more picks, I expect them to take an edge rusher here. And Allen (6-5, 250) is just a step behind Bosa on my board. Two former first-round picks along the defensive line (Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas) have struggled in San Francisco, but neither has the pure pass-rushing ability of Allen, who had 17 sacks and five forced fumbles last season. Allen would fill a glaring need.

3. New York Jets

Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

The Jets have several needs on both sides of the ball, and they don't have their extremely valuable second-round pick (No. 34) in this draft as a result of the Sam Darnold trade up last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see quarterback-needy teams try to trade up to this spot, which would help GM Mike Maccagnan get back some of the capital he lost in 2018. If the Jets stay at No. 3, Williams, a 3-technique penetrator with a high motor and advanced pass-rushing skills, would be a tremendous pick.

4. Oakland Raiders
Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

After trading away Khalil Mack before the season, the Raiders' pass rush was abysmal in 2018, putting up a league-low 13 sacks. Expect coach Jon Gruden and new GM Mike Mayock to target a pass-rusher with one of their three first-round picks. Gary (6-6, 283) has some versatility to kick inside and play tackle, but he has a high ceiling as an end. When he's locked in, he can dominate a game.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Sweat, who had 22 sacks over the past two seasons, was the best prospect at the Senior Bowl in January. He keeps rising on my board, and he should have a great combine workout. Tampa Bay's defense is likely to undergo an overhaul under new coach Bruce Arians and coordinator Todd Bowles, and the Bucs have to add edge rushers. Jason Pierre-Paul had a nice first season in Tampa (12.5 sacks), but he's 30. Former second-round pick Noah Spence, meanwhile, has just one sack over the past two seasons. This is another spot that could be for sale in a trade as teams try to get ahead of the Giants to grab a quarterback.

6. New York Giants
Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

With no trades in my mock drafts, this is the first logical spot for a quarterback. And Haskins (6-3, 220) is the best quarterback on my board. Easy choice. Yes, he started only 14 games at Ohio State, but he's a smooth thrower with an extremely high ceiling. Something to note if the Giants trade up to make sure they get their guy: They don't have a third-round pick after using it on cornerback Sam Beal in last year's supplemental draft. That means if they give up their second-rounder and future choices to jump a few spots, they won't be on the clock again until Day 3. This is a huge pick for GM Dave Gettleman.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

I'm sticking with an offensive lineman for Jacksonville here, as I believe the organization is more likely to go after a veteran quarterback like Nick Foles or Teddy Bridgewater over a rookie. This is a talented team that has to have more consistent QB play to get back to the playoffs in 2019. Could Tom Coughlin trust a rookie starter? Taylor will likely play right tackle at the next level -- he made 33 starts there in college -- and he could step in and start on Day 1 for the Jags.

8. Detroit Lions
T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Hockenson (6-5, 250) is a complete player who can run routes out of the slot on one play, then line up next to a tackle and blow up an edge defender in the running game on the next. I'm not going to call him a Rob Gronkowski clone, but there are similarities, particularly when you see each as blockers. And remember that Lions coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn saw firsthand what Gronk did for the Patriots during their time in the organization.

9. Buffalo Bills
D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

Quarterback Josh Allen had an up-and-down rookie season in Buffalo, but he needs better pass-catching options in Year 2. That's how we can fully evaluate his development. You might remember Metcalf from this viral photo from last week -- he's a 6-foot-4, 230-pound physical specimen who is going to test well at the combine. There is some projection here, as Metcalf missed most of the 2018 season with a scary neck injury and caught only 67 passes in his college career. But he is a big-play threat -- check out this catch -- who is the best "big" receiver in this class.

10. Denver Broncos
Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Yes, the Broncos traded for Joe Flacco, but they could still draft a quarterback high, even if it's not in Round 1. Flacco has a team-friendly contract, and GM John Elway & Co. could still try to get their QB of the future. For now I'll go with cornerback here, as the position is the team's top need, especially with Bradley Roby likely to leave in free agency. There has been a lot of talk about Williams' apparent allergy to tackling, but he can improve there in the NFL. And you don't see pro-ready corners with his size (6-2, 180) and skill set often; he is a rare talent.

11. Cincinnati Bengals
Devin White, ILB, LSU

New coach Zac Taylor still doesn't have a defensive coordinator, so this is a tough pick to project. I'm sticking to my best-player-available philosophy here, as White is the No. 4 prospect on my board. He is the best inside linebacker in this class, a three-down player with excellent speed and athleticism and the ability to diagnose plays and get to the ball carrier. Middle linebacker Preston Brown, who signed a one-year deal with Cincinnati last offseason, is a free agent, and he's coming off a major knee injury. White is a plug-and-play replacement.

12. Green Bay Packers
Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

I mentioned D.K. Metcalf as the best "big" receiver in this draft, and the 5-foot-10, 160-pound Brown is the class' best "small" wideout. He can fly, but he is also a good route-runner. The Packers were playing various late-round picks at receiver last season, so adding pass-catching options is a no-brainer. And Brown, who won't be working out at the combine, would be a stellar deep threat for Aaron Rodgers. Edge rusher is also a position to watch here, and Green Bay also has the No. 30 pick from New Orleans.

13. Miami Dolphins
Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

We know Murray is now focused on football. What happens next? He's going to be the most-talked-about prospect at the combine, and all eyes will be on his official measurements. It's not so much his height, either. Whether he's 5-10 or 5-9½ isn't a big deal at this point. Will Murray weigh under 200 pounds, though? That would be unprecedented for a first-round quarterback. His agent said recently that he weighs 205, which would be a good sign. As for Miami, as I wrote in my first Mock Draft when I pegged Murray here, the Dolphins need to rebuild, and adding the Heisman Trophy winner is a perfect way to start it.

14. Atlanta Falcons
Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Oliver's first step off the ball is one of the fastest I've seen from a defensive tackle. And yes, his play was picked apart throughout the 2018 season, but he's a fantastic prospect who has a ways to go to reach his ceiling. He could do that in the right situation in the NFL. As I mentioned in my first Mock Draft, he could be a Day 1 replacement if Atlanta doesn't bring back free agent Grady Jarrett.

15. Washington Redskins
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

Welcome to the first round, Drew Lock. He was the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl, and he might have the most arm talent of any passer in this class. Now, he's inconsistent. He misses throws and needs a lot of work on his footwork. He put some bad performances on tape in 2018, though he finished the season strongly. You can see on that tape, though, why a team could fall in love and take the 6-4, 228-pound Lock early. That could be Jay Gruden's team, which might not have Alex Smith this season.

16. Carolina Panthers
Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

This is all about filling a need, as Julius Peppers retired and there's no surefire replacement on the roster. Ferrell (6-5, 265) is a classic 4-3 defensive end who can get after quarterbacks -- he had 21 sacks over the past two seasons -- and hold his own in the run game. The Carolina defense collapsed last season, and it could also look at safety (Mike Adams turns 38 this offseason) and linebacker (Thomas Davis is moving on) here.

17. Cleveland Browns
Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

I had Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons here in my first Mock Draft, but he tore his ACL and could drop to Day 2. The massive 6-foot-5, 340-pound Lawrence is a different kind of player -- he's not as good of a pass-rusher as Simmons -- but he'd fit next to Larry Ogunjobi, who has come into his own. I've been told to expect Lawrence to work out well at the combine, too. GM John Dorsey could also try to get a weapon for Baker Mayfield here.

18. Minnesota Vikings
Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama

Minnesota continues to be linked with offensive linemen in this draft, as free-agent signing Kirk Cousins was under heavy pressure in 2018 behind a makeshift line. The team could address the position in free agency and still have a need. Williams, who made 43 straight starts at tackle for the Crimson Tide, could move inside to guard. At 6-foot-5, 301 pounds, he doesn't have the long arms that NFL teams like for their left tackles, but he could be an elite guard.

19. Tennessee Titans
Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Tennessee got very little last season from free-agent addition Bennie Logan, and the defense could upgrade on either side of elite nose tackle Jurrell Casey in its 3-4. Wilkins (6-4, 312) could play tackle in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4. The Titans will likely keep a close eye on edge-rushing outside linebackers here, but the value with Wilkins on my board is too good to pass up.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers
Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Artie Burns, a first-round pick in 2016, had a poor 2018 season, and corner is a clear need in Pittsburgh this offseason. I suspect the Steelers would love to get their hands on the 5-foot-11, 185-pound Baker, my second-ranked corner. Inside linebacker is another position to watch, as the team hasn't been able to adequately replace Ryan Shazier. Could a sneaky need be wide receiver if the Steelers trade Antonio Brown?

21. Seattle Seahawks
Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida

Even if the Seahawks re-sign (or franchise tag) free-agent defensive end Frank Clark, we know Pete Carroll & Co. are always looking for edge rushers. That's Polite, who had 11 sacks last season. At 6-foot-2, 242 pounds, Polite will have to put on some weight to play end in a 4-3 defense, but that shouldn't an issue. In fact, the comp I've made for him is a guy drafted by Carroll and GM John Schneider: former West Virginia pass-rusher Bruce Irvin, who came in at 6-3, 245 pounds at the combine in 2012.

22. Baltimore Ravens
Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Finally, a running back off the board. And new GM Eric DeCosta could go right back to Alabama, from where former GM Ozzie Newsome loved to mine prospects. Jacobs is a complete player and the most explosive back in this draft. He didn't get a ton of touches in a talented Crimson Tide rotation, which means he has little tread on his tires. How's this for a stat: Jacobs had 300 touches over three college seasons. Derrick Henry, who won the Heisman Trophy at Bama, had 406 touches in the 2015 season. There's a lot to like about Jacobs, who has also shown nice hands in the passing game. Check out this catch and run.

23. Houston Texans
Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Houston gave up a league-high 62 sacks last season, so the position is a clear priority this offseason. And Dillard, a three-year starter at Washington State, is one of the best pass protectors in this class. He could slot in at left or right tackle for Houston, and Deshaun Watson would be thrilled. Dillard (6-5, 305) was one of the stars of the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston took multiple linemen early in this draft, and it has two second-round picks to try to improve.

24. Oakland Raiders (from CHI)
Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

We know that Jon Gruden loves playmakers -- I heard him talk about them for years. And Murphy is one of the best defensive playmakers in this class, a ball hawk who had seven interceptions over two seasons at Washington. There's a gaping hole at corner across from 2017 first-rounder Gareon Conley, too. This could be a first round full of defensive additions for the Raiders, who have picks at 4, 24 and 27.

25. Philadelphia Eagles
Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

Injuries in the secondary really hurt the Eagles in 2018, as the defense couldn't match the play that led them to a Super Bowl LII victory. And with Ronald Darby possibly leaving in free agency, cornerback is a spot to target here or with one of their two second-round picks. Mullen had an inconsistent 2018 season, but he has some excellent 2017 tape. And at 6-foot-2, 186 pounds, he's a big corner. He should test well in Indianapolis.

26. Indianapolis Colts
A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

GM Chris Ballard had one of the league's best draft classes in 2018, and the Colts made a surprising run to the playoffs. They'll have this pick and the No. 34 overall pick from the Jets to continue to upgrade. Brown (6-1, 225) could be an effective No. 2 receiver next to T.Y. Hilton as Indianapolis tries to get better weapons around Andrew Luck. Brown had 2,572 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns over the past two seasons, and he's the second Ole Miss wideout off the board in my projection, after D.K. Metcalf to Buffalo at No. 9.

27. Oakland Raiders (from DAL)
Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

This match is all about helping the Raiders improve their pass rush, as the 6-5, 235-pound Burns is a pure speed edge rusher. He needs to get a little bigger, but time in an NFL strength and conditioning program should help. If you're keeping track here, this means I have Oakland getting two edge rushers and a cornerback with its first-round picks. That's a strong haul.

28. Los Angeles Chargers
Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

Corey Liuget, Brandon Mebane, Darius Philon and Damion Square are all free agents, which means the Chargers have to address defensive tackle in free agency or in the draft. I thought they could have taken a DT in Round 1 last year. As I noted in my first Mock Draft, L.A. was pushed around in its playoff loss to the Patriots. Tillery is a good interior pass-rusher with tremendous size (6-6, 304) and athletic traits. He has some versatility, too.

29. Kansas City Chiefs
Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

I'm sticking with a safety for Kansas City, because it was a clear weakness in 2018. Will we ever see Eric Berry return to his level of play from 2013 to '16? Abram is my new No. 1-ranked safety, a tone-setter who is physical in the run game and can flip his hips and run in pass coverage. It's worth noting the Chiefs have an extra second-round pick -- thanks to the Marcus Peters trade -- to help fix their defense, which means they could wait to get a safety until Day 2.

30. Green Bay Packers (from NO)
Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan

This is another match for need -- starter Jake Ryan missed all of 2018 with a torn ACL and is now a free agent, which means there's a void in the middle of the Green Bay defense. Bush is a bit undersized (5-11, 235), but he's a terrific sideline-to-sideline linebacker. I gave the Packers a receiver with their first pick, but they could also be in the market for an outside linebacker, especially with Clay Matthews a free agent.

31. Los Angeles Rams
Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech

Ferguson was in the news last week after his combine invite was rescinded when it was revealed he was convicted of simple battery his freshman year. That shouldn't hurt his draft stock, and he's expected to be able to undergo medical evaluations for teams. Ferguson (6-5, 260) had 45 sacks in his four-year career -- including 17.5 last season -- and set the FBS record for sacks. He could add some weight and play end in Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense.

32. New England Patriots
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

I continue to believe Bill Belichick and the Patriots will use some of their draft capital on a quarterback. It could be here, or it could be with one of their two second-round picks. There could be several QBs going in the first three rounds. Jones is an athletic 6-4 signal-caller who can be an erratic thrower at times but is already advanced in his footwork. He'd benefit from sitting and learning behind Tom Brady. The Super Bowl champs have several prominent free agents who could leave, so we'll know much more in a month about which positions they could target.

Just went to the NFL website and was glancing at various player's rankings and the breakdown went like this:

PROSPECT - - - GRADE - - - POTENTIAL
Kris Boyd (CB) - 5.70 - CHANCE TO BECOME NFL STARTER

Davante Davis (CB) - [No Grade] - LIKELY NEEDS TIME IN DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE

Lil'Jordan Humphrey (WR) - 5.64 - CHANCE TO BECOME NFL STARTER

Gary Johnson (LB) - 4.90 - SHOULD BE IN AN NFL TRAINING CAMP

Charles Omenihu (DL) - 5.41 - NFL BACKUP OR SPECIAL TEAMS POTENTIAL*

*This is what shocked me. He rocked at the Senior Bowl and everyone talks about how his best days are ahead of him and yet "NFL Backup or Special Teams"... WTF?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

A lot has happened since my first 2019 NFL mock draft in mid-January. The first-round draft order was set after the Patriots beat the Rams in Super Bowl LIII. We've seen the nation's best senior prospects perform against each other at the Senior Bowl. And Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray has spurned baseball and committed to playing football.

That means it's the perfect time for another shot at projecting the first round of this draft, going 1-32 and explaining my thoughts on each pick.

With the NFL combine in Indianapolis coming at the end of the month, we'll know much more about medical evaluations and true height/weight on every prospect. That matters. And as always, I'm predicting the top 32 picks here based on a combination of my Big Board rankings, each team's needs right now and my view on positions that could be upgraded. Here we go:

1. Arizona Cardinals

No change at the top here -- Bosa is the top prospect in this class. He can be an elite pass-rusher at the next level, just like his brother Joey. His workouts at the combine will be closely watched to see if he's back at full strength after his core muscle injury. As far as the fit in a 3-4 defense in Arizona, this quote last week from new defensive coordinator Vance Joseph stood out: "4-3 college ends, they grow to be outside 'backers. It's a learned ability." Joseph's former team in Denver used a top-five pick on Bradley Chubb last year, and Joseph converted him to outside linebacker -- opposite Von Miller -- and he had 12 sacks as a rookie. The 6-foot-4, 263-pound Bosa would have a good edge-rushing partner in Chandler Jones.

2. San Francisco 49ers

If the Niners don't trade down to add more picks, I expect them to take an edge rusher here. And Allen (6-5, 250) is just a step behind Bosa on my board. Two former first-round picks along the defensive line (Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas) have struggled in San Francisco, but neither has the pure pass-rushing ability of Allen, who had 17 sacks and five forced fumbles last season. Allen would fill a glaring need.

3. New York Jets

The Jets have several needs on both sides of the ball, and they don't have their extremely valuable second-round pick (No. 34) in this draft as a result of the Sam Darnold trade up last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see quarterback-needy teams try to trade up to this spot, which would help GM Mike Maccagnan get back some of the capital he lost in 2018. If the Jets stay at No. 3, Williams, a 3-technique penetrator with a high motor and advanced pass-rushing skills, would be a tremendous pick.

4. Oakland Raiders

After trading away Khalil Mack before the season, the Raiders' pass rush was abysmal in 2018, putting up a league-low 13 sacks. Expect coach Jon Gruden and new GM Mike Mayock to target a pass-rusher with one of their three first-round picks. Gary (6-6, 283) has some versatility to kick inside and play tackle, but he has a high ceiling as an end. When he's locked in, he can dominate a game.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Sweat, who had 22 sacks over the past two seasons, was the best prospect at the Senior Bowl in January. He keeps rising on my board, and he should have a great combine workout. Tampa Bay's defense is likely to undergo an overhaul under new coach Bruce Arians and coordinator Todd Bowles, and the Bucs have to add edge rushers. Jason Pierre-Paul had a nice first season in Tampa (12.5 sacks), but he's 30. Former second-round pick Noah Spence, meanwhile, has just one sack over the past two seasons. This is another spot that could be for sale in a trade as teams try to get ahead of the Giants to grab a quarterback.

6. New York Giants

With no trades in my mock drafts, this is the first logical spot for a quarterback. And Haskins (6-3, 220) is the best quarterback on my board. Easy choice. Yes, he started only 14 games at Ohio State, but he's a smooth thrower with an extremely high ceiling. Something to note if the Giants trade up to make sure they get their guy: They don't have a third-round pick after using it on cornerback Sam Beal in last year's supplemental draft. That means if they give up their second-rounder and future choices to jump a few spots, they won't be on the clock again until Day 3. This is a huge pick for GM Dave Gettleman.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

I'm sticking with an offensive lineman for Jacksonville here, as I believe the organization is more likely to go after a veteran quarterback like Nick Foles or Teddy Bridgewater over a rookie. This is a talented team that has to have more consistent QB play to get back to the playoffs in 2019. Could Tom Coughlin trust a rookie starter? Taylor will likely play right tackle at the next level -- he made 33 starts there in college -- and he could step in and start on Day 1 for the Jags.

8. Detroit Lions
T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Hockenson (6-5, 250) is a complete player who can run routes out of the slot on one play, then line up next to a tackle and blow up an edge defender in the running game on the next. I'm not going to call him a Rob Gronkowski clone, but there are similarities, particularly when you see each as blockers. And remember that Lions coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn saw firsthand what Gronk did for the Patriots during their time in the organization.

9. Buffalo Bills

Quarterback Josh Allen had an up-and-down rookie season in Buffalo, but he needs better pass-catching options in Year 2. That's how we can fully evaluate his development. You might remember Metcalf from this viral photo from last week -- he's a 6-foot-4, 230-pound physical specimen who is going to test well at the combine. There is some projection here, as Metcalf missed most of the 2018 season with a scary neck injury and caught only 67 passes in his college career. But he is a big-play threat -- check out this catch -- who is the best "big" receiver in this class.

10. Denver Broncos
Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Yes, the Broncos traded for Joe Flacco, but they could still draft a quarterback high, even if it's not in Round 1. Flacco has a team-friendly contract, and GM John Elway & Co. could still try to get their QB of the future. For now I'll go with cornerback here, as the position is the team's top need, especially with Bradley Roby likely to leave in free agency. There has been a lot of talk about Williams' apparent allergy to tackling, but he can improve there in the NFL. And you don't see pro-ready corners with his size (6-2, 180) and skill set often; he is a rare talent.

11. Cincinnati Bengals
Devin White, ILB, LSU

New coach Zac Taylor still doesn't have a defensive coordinator, so this is a tough pick to project. I'm sticking to my best-player-available philosophy here, as White is the No. 4 prospect on my board. He is the best inside linebacker in this class, a three-down player with excellent speed and athleticism and the ability to diagnose plays and get to the ball carrier. Middle linebacker Preston Brown, who signed a one-year deal with Cincinnati last offseason, is a free agent, and he's coming off a major knee injury. White is a plug-and-play replacement.

12. Green Bay Packers

I mentioned D.K. Metcalf as the best "big" receiver in this draft, and the 5-foot-10, 160-pound Brown is the class' best "small" wideout. He can fly, but he is also a good route-runner. The Packers were playing various late-round picks at receiver last season, so adding pass-catching options is a no-brainer. And Brown, who won't be working out at the combine, would be a stellar deep threat for Aaron Rodgers. Edge rusher is also a position to watch here, and Green Bay also has the No. 30 pick from New Orleans.

13. Miami Dolphins

We know Murray is now focused on football. What happens next? He's going to be the most-talked-about prospect at the combine, and all eyes will be on his official measurements. It's not so much his height, either. Whether he's 5-10 or 5-9½ isn't a big deal at this point. Will Murray weigh under 200 pounds, though? That would be unprecedented for a first-round quarterback. His agent said recently that he weighs 205, which would be a good sign. As for Miami, as I wrote in my first Mock Draft when I pegged Murray here, the Dolphins need to rebuild, and adding the Heisman Trophy winner is a perfect way to start it.

14. Atlanta Falcons
Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Oliver's first step off the ball is one of the fastest I've seen from a defensive tackle. And yes, his play was picked apart throughout the 2018 season, but he's a fantastic prospect who has a ways to go to reach his ceiling. He could do that in the right situation in the NFL. As I mentioned in my first Mock Draft, he could be a Day 1 replacement if Atlanta doesn't bring back free agent Grady Jarrett.

15. Washington Redskins
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

Welcome to the first round, Drew Lock. He was the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl, and he might have the most arm talent of any passer in this class. Now, he's inconsistent. He misses throws and needs a lot of work on his footwork. He put some bad performances on tape in 2018, though he finished the season strongly. You can see on that tape, though, why a team could fall in love and take the 6-4, 228-pound Lock early. That could be Jay Gruden's team, which might not have Alex Smith this season.

16. Carolina Panthers

This is all about filling a need, as Julius Peppers retired and there's no surefire replacement on the roster. Ferrell (6-5, 265) is a classic 4-3 defensive end who can get after quarterbacks -- he had 21 sacks over the past two seasons -- and hold his own in the run game. The Carolina defense collapsed last season, and it could also look at safety (Mike Adams turns 38 this offseason) and linebacker (Thomas Davis is moving on) here.

17. Cleveland Browns

I had Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons here in my first Mock Draft, but he tore his ACL and could drop to Day 2. The massive 6-foot-5, 340-pound Lawrence is a different kind of player -- he's not as good of a pass-rusher as Simmons -- but he'd fit next to Larry Ogunjobi, who has come into his own. I've been told to expect Lawrence to work out well at the combine, too. GM John Dorsey could also try to get a weapon for Baker Mayfield here.

18. Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota continues to be linked with offensive linemen in this draft, as free-agent signing Kirk Cousins was under heavy pressure in 2018 behind a makeshift line. The team could address the position in free agency and still have a need. Williams, who made 43 straight starts at tackle for the Crimson Tide, could move inside to guard. At 6-foot-5, 301 pounds, he doesn't have the long arms that NFL teams like for their left tackles, but he could be an elite guard.

19. Tennessee Titans

Tennessee got very little last season from free-agent addition Bennie Logan, and the defense could upgrade on either side of elite nose tackle Jurrell Casey in its 3-4. Wilkins (6-4, 312) could play tackle in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4. The Titans will likely keep a close eye on edge-rushing outside linebackers here, but the value with Wilkins on my board is too good to pass up.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Artie Burns, a first-round pick in 2016, had a poor 2018 season, and corner is a clear need in Pittsburgh this offseason. I suspect the Steelers would love to get their hands on the 5-foot-11, 185-pound Baker, my second-ranked corner. Inside linebacker is another position to watch, as the team hasn't been able to adequately replace Ryan Shazier. Could a sneaky need be wide receiver if the Steelers trade Antonio Brown?

21. Seattle Seahawks

Even if the Seahawks re-sign (or franchise tag) free-agent defensive end Frank Clark, we know Pete Carroll & Co. are always looking for edge rushers. That's Polite, who had 11 sacks last season. At 6-foot-2, 242 pounds, Polite will have to put on some weight to play end in a 4-3 defense, but that shouldn't an issue. In fact, the comp I've made for him is a guy drafted by Carroll and GM John Schneider: former West Virginia pass-rusher Bruce Irvin, who came in at 6-3, 245 pounds at the combine in 2012.

22. Baltimore Ravens
Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Finally, a running back off the board. And new GM Eric DeCosta could go right back to Alabama, from where former GM Ozzie Newsome loved to mine prospects. Jacobs is a complete player and the most explosive back in this draft. He didn't get a ton of touches in a talented Crimson Tide rotation, which means he has little tread on his tires. How's this for a stat: Jacobs had 300 touches over three college seasons. Derrick Henry, who won the Heisman Trophy at Bama, had 406 touches in the 2015 season. There's a lot to like about Jacobs, who has also shown nice hands in the passing game. Check out this catch and run.

23. Houston Texans

Houston gave up a league-high 62 sacks last season, so the position is a clear priority this offseason. And Dillard, a three-year starter at Washington State, is one of the best pass protectors in this class. He could slot in at left or right tackle for Houston, and Deshaun Watson would be thrilled. Dillard (6-5, 305) was one of the stars of the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston took multiple linemen early in this draft, and it has two second-round picks to try to improve.

We know that Jon Gruden loves playmakers -- I heard him talk about them for years. And Murphy is one of the best defensive playmakers in this class, a ball hawk who had seven interceptions over two seasons at Washington. There's a gaping hole at corner across from 2017 first-rounder Gareon Conley, too. This could be a first round full of defensive additions for the Raiders, who have picks at 4, 24 and 27.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Injuries in the secondary really hurt the Eagles in 2018, as the defense couldn't match the play that led them to a Super Bowl LII victory. And with Ronald Darby possibly leaving in free agency, cornerback is a spot to target here or with one of their two second-round picks. Mullen had an inconsistent 2018 season, but he has some excellent 2017 tape. And at 6-foot-2, 186 pounds, he's a big corner. He should test well in Indianapolis.

26. Indianapolis Colts
A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

GM Chris Ballard had one of the league's best draft classes in 2018, and the Colts made a surprising run to the playoffs. They'll have this pick and the No. 34 overall pick from the Jets to continue to upgrade. Brown (6-1, 225) could be an effective No. 2 receiver next to T.Y. Hilton as Indianapolis tries to get better weapons around Andrew Luck. Brown had 2,572 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns over the past two seasons, and he's the second Ole Miss wideout off the board in my projection, after D.K. Metcalf to Buffalo at No. 9.

This match is all about helping the Raiders improve their pass rush, as the 6-5, 235-pound Burns is a pure speed edge rusher. He needs to get a little bigger, but time in an NFL strength and conditioning program should help. If you're keeping track here, this means I have Oakland getting two edge rushers and a cornerback with its first-round picks. That's a strong haul.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

Corey Liuget, Brandon Mebane, Darius Philon and Damion Square are all free agents, which means the Chargers have to address defensive tackle in free agency or in the draft. I thought they could have taken a DT in Round 1 last year. As I noted in my first Mock Draft, L.A. was pushed around in its playoff loss to the Patriots. Tillery is a good interior pass-rusher with tremendous size (6-6, 304) and athletic traits. He has some versatility, too.

29. Kansas City Chiefs

I'm sticking with a safety for Kansas City, because it was a clear weakness in 2018. Will we ever see Eric Berry return to his level of play from 2013 to '16? Abram is my new No. 1-ranked safety, a tone-setter who is physical in the run game and can flip his hips and run in pass coverage. It's worth noting the Chiefs have an extra second-round pick -- thanks to the Marcus Peters trade -- to help fix their defense, which means they could wait to get a safety until Day 2.

This is another match for need -- starter Jake Ryan missed all of 2018 with a torn ACL and is now a free agent, which means there's a void in the middle of the Green Bay defense. Bush is a bit undersized (5-11, 235), but he's a terrific sideline-to-sideline linebacker. I gave the Packers a receiver with their first pick, but they could also be in the market for an outside linebacker, especially with Clay Matthews a free agent.

31. Los Angeles Rams

Ferguson was in the news last week after his combine invite was rescinded when it was revealed he was convicted of simple battery his freshman year. That shouldn't hurt his draft stock, and he's expected to be able to undergo medical evaluations for teams. Ferguson (6-5, 260) had 45 sacks in his four-year career -- including 17.5 last season -- and set the FBS record for sacks. He could add some weight and play end in Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense.

32. New England Patriots
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

I continue to believe Bill Belichick and the Patriots will use some of their draft capital on a quarterback. It could be here, or it could be with one of their two second-round picks. There could be several QBs going in the first three rounds. Jones is an athletic 6-4 signal-caller who can be an erratic thrower at times but is already advanced in his footwork. He'd benefit from sitting and learning behind Tom Brady. The Super Bowl champs have several prominent free agents who could leave, so we'll know much more in a month about which positions they could target.

JFC. Kipwr’s Not even trying anymore.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Just went to the NFL website and was glancing at various player's rankings and the breakdown went like this:

PROSPECT - - - GRADE - - - POTENTIAL
Kris Boyd (CB) - 5.70 - CHANCE TO BECOME NFL STARTER

Davante Davis (CB) - [No Grade] - LIKELY NEEDS TIME IN DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE

Lil'Jordan Humphrey (WR) - 5.64 - CHANCE TO BECOME NFL STARTER

Gary Johnson (LB) - 4.90 - SHOULD BE IN AN NFL TRAINING CAMP

Charles Omenihu (DL) - 5.41 - NFL BACKUP OR SPECIAL TEAMS POTENTIAL*

*This is what shocked me. He rocked at the Senior Bowl and everyone talks about how his best days are ahead of him and yet "NFL Backup or Special Teams"... WTF?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Those will all change a lot post-combine. I’d bet NFL posted those awhile ago. Omenihu made himself a ton of money coming back this year.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Arizona Cardinals

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. New York Jets

4. Oakland Raiders

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

6. New York Giants

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

8. Detroit Lions
T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

9. Buffalo Bills

10. Denver Broncos
Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

11. Cincinnati Bengals
Devin White, ILB, LSU

12. Green Bay Packers

13. Miami Dolphins

14. Atlanta Falcons
Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

15. Washington Redskins
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

16. Carolina Panthers

17. Cleveland Browns

18. Minnesota Vikings

19. Tennessee Titans

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

21. Seattle Seahawks

22. Baltimore Ravens
Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

23. Houston Texans

25. Philadelphia Eagles

26. Indianapolis Colts
A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

28. Los Angeles Chargers

29. Kansas City Chiefs

31. Los Angeles Rams

32. New England Patriots
Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

I will go crazy if the Packers draft Brown. First of all, I don't think he succeeds in the NFL. Second, he is coming off of a lisfranc injury. 

50 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

It is amazing how Ed Oliver was a lock as a top 3 pick before the season, and now he is falling out of the top 30 on some of these dipshit mock drafts (Charley Casserly, I’m looking at you).

mock draft season is always good for a laugh. 

And yet Aaron Donald is considered the best DL in the NFL.

This kind of shit makes me laugh.

5 hours ago, Sejjr said:

It is amazing how Ed Oliver was a lock as a top 3 pick before the season, and now he is falling out of the top 30 on some of these dipshit mock drafts (Charley Casserly, I’m looking at you).

The Combine will fix that quickly.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:57 AM, Sejjr said:

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, Machinator said:

The Combine will fix that quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1