"Have a seat over there" guy is flat ass broke, being evicted

Gil Bang

I saw Chris Hansen talking with Marcelino in a bodega recently.  Chris asked him to take down his bad check from the wall to which Marcelino replied that the children seem to like the clown pictured on the check.  Hansen inquires, “you lure children into the bodega with candies and clowns?   Have a seat right over there.”

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Pretty simple. Making lots of money, spending too much and not saving enough.

Similar to a Pro athlete you are making a ton of money living a great life and then the faucet of cash gets shut off one day and you eat through your limited savings pretty quickly (because of course I am going to find another job making me $1M a year or more) 

Throw in the fact he probably always thought he was one phone call away from gaining that $1M a year check again so he didn't change his cost of living.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for the guy making $60K a year living in a $250K house because there are plenty of jobs out there to replace that income if it dries up. Not the same for well known on air TV talent who has limited opportunities and probably let ego get in the way of taking a so so TV job that would have helped pay the bills. By the time he realized his error it was probably way too late. 

Sad stuff.  

I think this dude became persona non grata in the business after To Catch a Predator ended in a shit sandwich of lawsuits, dropped charges and a suicide.

Edit to clarify - I'm not defending any of these pederasts, just saying no other networks wanted to employee the guy after all of that stuff went down.

Edited by smuggs

See, now how come nobody looks at the commercial success of the show ‘Dexter’ (you can’t argue seasons 1,2, & 4 weren’t brilliant)...and writes/produces a show about a guy that only rapes pedophiles?  

It’ll be a dark comedy just like Dexter.  

8 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

You don't know what "pederast" means, do you?

Means you might like young boys 

it was a joke. See you said “ young girls”. My comment was “who can resist young girls”. Understand?   Not sure where pederast came it.  It was always dudes trying to hook up with underage girls afaik

Edited by Lhorn

See, this is why I love surly.  I've gone my whole life (or at least since I first heard the term on my first viewing of lebowski) thinking pederast just meant a general pedophile, when all along it was more specifically a male on male pedophile. 

The more you know...

It also helps to remember the anagram from pederast is Te Padres, or Your Priests.  Which of course has nothing to do with male on boy molestation.  Just a handy word device.  Speaking of handy...

On 1/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

The show wasn't on that long and throw in all the lawsuits and I doubt he made a ton of bank from it. 

He worked for NBC for 10 years and wrote a book among other things. Probably not worth $25 Million but certainly made enough to not be going through what he's going through right now. 

And as Pilots' mentioned NBC would have handled the lawsuits or a large chuck of it.