OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

Thread title is provisional per someone coming up with a better one and petitioning @immamac

Coming off another year of winning the Big XII and flunking their Playoff appearance, OU has a rebuild year coming for fucking once. With Jimbo and his crew driving around the Metroplex with trunks full of duffel bags and Texas (hopefully) making a concerted effort to retake DFW, this could be a tougher year for them in their usual North Texas stomping grounds.

Here's who they have so far in their #8 nationally ranked class:

5-star Aledo RB Jase McClellan: https://247sports.com/player/jase-mcclellan-46036686/

4-star Denton Ryan QB/ATH Drew Sanders: https://247sports.com/player/drew-sanders-45572383/

4-star Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei CB Darion Green-Warren: https://247sports.com/player/darion-green-warren-46038102/

3-star Buford (GA) CB Jalen Huff: https://247sports.com/player/jalen-huff-46036492/

It's just about midnight on the East Coast and OU still sucks.

Edited by texifornia

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Lulz. So they think Young is going to commit to an OU squad with Rattler is a like RS FR next year, barring injury to Hurts?

giphy.gif

Edited by Burt Macklin

OU recruiting notes on players we've offered, courtesy of Super K

***As you know, Sooners hosted 2020 OT, Seth MClaughlin (Buford, GA) this weekend. This was Seth’s third visit.

I’ve only exchanged a few texts with Seth so far but I have spoken to some people about his recruitment and as you know by now, he decided not to pull the trigger to OU.

I’m told he’d still like to take some additional trips but the Sooners remain his leader.

I’ll be traveling out west to see a few players this week but hopefully, we can bring you a fuller update on McLaughlin once I get back in town.

***I also exchanged some text messages with 2021 DE/DT, Tunmise Adeleye. I’m scheduled to speak with him later this evening but among the text messages we exchanged, he said the following regarding the visit…

”It was amazing man, I don’t know how to describe it”

***I spoke with Sooners 2020 LB target and weekend visitor, Brennon Scott (Bishop Dunne).

I’ll have my full write up on him, shortly.

But a quick note on him: Very very high priority, it seems, for the Sooners. Before this visit, Scott said he’d already been visited at his school by Lincoln Riley once and both coach Grinch and coach Odom twice.

Cut on his film and you can see why he’s a high priority target, he’s exactly what Oklahoma is looking for in that Rush/Jack position. Scott told me that is the position they are recruiting him to play.

Edited by Machinator

30 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OU recruiting notes on players we've offered, courtesy of Super K

Hide contents

***As you know, Sooners hosted 2020 OT, Seth MClaughlin (Buford, GA) this weekend. This was Seth’s third visit.

I’ve only exchanged a few texts with Seth so far but I have spoken to some people about his recruitment and as you know by now, he decided not to pull the trigger to OU.

I’m told he’d still like to take some additional trips but the Sooners remain his leader.

I’ll be traveling out west to see a few players this week but hopefully, we can bring you a fuller update on McLaughlin once I get back in town.

***I also exchanged some text messages with 2021 DE/DT, Tunmise Adeleye. I’m scheduled to speak with him later this evening but among the text messages we exchanged, he said the following regarding the visit…

”It was amazing man, I don’t know how to describe it”

***I spoke with Sooners 2020 LB target and weekend visitor, Brennon Scott (Bishop Dunne).

I’ll have my full write up on him, shortly.

But a quick note on him: Very very high priority, it seems, for the Sooners. Before this visit, Scott said he’d already been visited at his school by Lincoln Riley once and both coach Grinch and coach Odom twice.

Cut on his film and you can see why he’s a high priority target, he’s exactly what Oklahoma is looking for in that Rush/Jack position. Scott told me that is the position they are recruiting him to play.

That Georgia kid's been to Norman THREE TIMES already? Christ, Austin should blow his mind.

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their WR takes have been mystifying this cycle. I love it in terms of them not shaving off the top of our board, but it's odd.

I gotta give Riley the benefit of the doubt on WR talent.  The numbers of early commits at the position seem a bit much though.  Maybe they're trying to create the impression of momentum to get the defensive players and linemen that are more urgent needs in Norman.

• Like 1

Just now, sushihorn said:

I gotta give Riley the benefit of the doubt on WR talent.  The numbers of early commits at the position seem a bit much though.  Maybe they're trying to create the impression of momentum to get the defensive players and linemen that are more urgent needs in Norman. 

There's a reason I said odd and not stupid. I'm (almost) never going to slam a Riley offensive take.

Anyone have any screen shots from their board. There is now multiple guys that have committed elsewhere or leaning elsewhere that at one time were thought to be targets of ou and those guys were thought to have ou at or near the top. Just wondering what the climate was like in reaction to these. When Princley, Prince, Collins and Broughton end up in Austin I’m not sure who will have the bigger meltdown aggy or sooner?

2 hours ago, Istian said:

You have to wonder if any reasonable person actual believes a statement like that. It's pretty clear (with regard to twitter exchanges) where it starts. 

It usually starts with some idiot Sooner interrupting a conversation that doesn't involve them to talk shit.  You know, just like in real life.

Visitors List for this weekend in Norman per TFB:

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/open-post-wednesday-february-20th

February 23rd Junior Day | Visitor List
– Charlie S

As you all know, the Sooners are hosting a Junior Day this weekend.

Below you will find a list of the names of recruits we have confirmed who are planning to attend.

We will update the list accordingly as there are sure to be some additions and there are always a few subtractions due to travel and conflicts that pop up.

2020 DB Jacobe Covington – 6’2″ 180 (Scottsdale, AZ) – OU Offer

2020 OL Turner Corcoran – 6’6″ 280 (Lawrence, KS) – OU Offer

2020 DT Alex Huntley – 6’4″ 295 (Columbia, SC) – OU Offer

2020 DB Bryson Washington – 6’2″ 195 (Houston, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi – 6’4″ 310 (Sugar Land, TX)  – OU Offer (A&M Commit)

2020 DL Princely Umanmielen – 6’4″ 260 (Manor, TX) – OU Offer

2020 LB Robert Wooten – 6’3″ 230 (Stafford, TX)

2020 RB Tahj Brooks – 5’10” 205 (Manor, TX)

2020 DL Alfred Collins – 6’5″ 245 (Bastrop, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Brady Ward – 6’7″ 315 (Mobile. AL) – OU Offer

2020 RB Kendall Milton (Feb. 21st-22nd) – 6’1″ 210 (Clovis, CA) – OU Offer

2020 WR Troy Omeire – 6’3.5″ 215 (Sugar Land, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Chris Morris – 6’4″ 290 (Memphis, TN) – OU Offer

2020 DB Dontae Manning – 6’0″ 175 (Kansas City, MO) – OU Offer

2020 ATH Michael Henderson (Friday or Sunday) – 6’2″ 220 (Carrollton, TX) – OU Offer

2021 WR Latrell Neville – 6’3″ 195 (Missouri City, TX) – OU Offer