OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

7 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Visitors List for this weekend in Norman per TFB:

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/open-post-wednesday-february-20th

February 23rd Junior Day | Visitor List
– Charlie S

As you all know, the Sooners are hosting a Junior Day this weekend.

Below you will find a list of the names of recruits we have confirmed who are planning to attend.

We will update the list accordingly as there are sure to be some additions and there are always a few subtractions due to travel and conflicts that pop up.

2020 DB Jacobe Covington – 6’2″ 180 (Scottsdale, AZ) – OU Offer

2020 OL Turner Corcoran – 6’6″ 280 (Lawrence, KS) – OU Offer

2020 DT Alex Huntley – 6’4″ 295 (Columbia, SC) – OU Offer

2020 DB Bryson Washington – 6’2″ 195 (Houston, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi – 6’4″ 310 (Sugar Land, TX)  – OU Offer (A&M Commit)

2020 DL Princely Umanmielen – 6’4″ 260 (Manor, TX) – OU Offer

2020 LB Robert Wooten – 6’3″ 230 (Stafford, TX)

2020 RB Tahj Brooks – 5’10” 205 (Manor, TX)

2020 DL Alfred Collins – 6’5″ 245 (Bastrop, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Brady Ward – 6’7″ 315 (Mobile. AL) – OU Offer

2020 RB Kendall Milton (Feb. 21st-22nd) – 6’1″ 210 (Clovis, CA) – OU Offer

2020 WR Troy Omeire – 6’3.5″ 215 (Sugar Land, TX) – OU Offer

2020 OL Chris Morris – 6’4″ 290 (Memphis, TN) – OU Offer

2020 DB Dontae Manning – 6’0″ 175 (Kansas City, MO) – OU Offer

2020 ATH Michael Henderson (Friday or Sunday) – 6’2″ 220 (Carrollton, TX) – OU Offer

2021 WR Latrell Neville – 6’3″ 195 (Missouri City, TX) – OU Offer

The ones to watch here are Washington, Princely, Collins, and Henderson.

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

The ones to watch here are Washington, Princely, Collins, and Henderson.

I think there’s a shot that something happens with Ogunbiyi. 

I know this is morbid, and I’m not acting like I’d be happy, but I would laugh my fucking ass off if Collins committed to OU this weekend. This board would be outstanding. 

In truth, I’m sure there will be some raving enthusiasm from the visitors when they leave Norman, but it’s hard to see Umanmielen, Collins or Washington actually committing on the spot. Also, good luck to anyone playing defense at OU while Riley is there. 

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sources say he'll be on campus but no word if he will get around to talking to anyone

He and Giles have a really long Snapchat streak that they're trying to keep up. Some really cool poses, cool pictures they're drawing on them. Takes a lot of time to get right.

• Like 1

Sounds like OU is starting to get questions about their defensive production from OOS recruits - specifically from Cali.  We all saw they were crap and questions are warranted.  But now RJ Young from OU Insider is starting to lecture fans that they better hope these top rated kids that the fan base is criticizing pan out.  Sounds like he's pinned all his hopes on Grinch being a huge upgrade at DC.  Seems quite optimistic to me when the guy has had one decent defense in 4 years as a DC but excessive optimism is the hallmark of fandom I suppose.

"If you don't get anything out of Bookie (@Huckleberry's favorite okie DB Brendan Radley-Hiles) you're going to start to see California recruiting dry up."

"If this doesn't get better in the next couple of years, you're going to see it reflected in recruiting."

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Jase McClellan ran a 11.67 100m earlier this week.

That doesn't sound very good. 

Not a breakaway runner but someone most teams would love to have on their roster.  My main concern would be the amount of wear and tear that Aledo's offense puts on a back.  Kid might have 1,000 carries by the time he graduates.  We saw what that can mean with Johnathan Gray. 

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Jase McClellan ran a 11.67 100m earlier this week.

That doesn't sound very good. 

That's about a 4.6 40 time. We were in the same district as Aledo, they are a football factory and don't really get challenged until quarter or semifinals. After Jonathan Gray, I'm a little leary about anything that comes out of Aledo. Their lines open big enough lanes that I could probably average 100 per game at 50.

CHIEF

7 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

That's about a 4.6 40 time. We were in the same district as Aledo, they are a football factory and don't really get challenged until quarter or semifinals. After Jonathan Gray, I'm a little leary about anything that comes out of Aledo. Their lines open big enough lanes that I could probably average 100 per game at 50.

CHIEF

McClellan looked amazing in the state title game. So did Grey. The holes were huge for both, but McClellan had a lot of yards after contact. I see your point, though. 

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Sounds like OU is starting to get questions about their defensive production from OOS recruits - specifically from Cali.  We all saw they were crap and questions are warranted.  But now RJ Young from OU Insider is starting to lecture fans that they better hope these top rated kids that the fan base is criticizing pan out.  Sounds like he's pinned all his hopes on Grinch being a huge upgrade at DC.  Seems quite optimistic to me when the guy has had one decent defense in 4 years as a DC but excessive optimism is the hallmark of fandom I suppose.

"If you don't get anything out of Bookie (@Huckleberry's favorite okie DB Brendan Radley-Hiles) you're going to start to see California recruiting dry up."

"If this doesn't get better in the next couple of years, you're going to see it reflected in recruiting."

Here's to Bookie sucking shit through a straw🍻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

11.67 doesn't translate to a 4.60

16 minutes ago, SLChorn said:

For those those who enjoy statistics:

Jase McClellan- 5-10, 196

40- 4.57, Shuttle- 4.09

https://www.theopening.com/2018-dallas-results

Zachary Evans- 5-11, 196

40- 4.51, Shuttle- 3.91

https://www.theopening.com/2018-houston-results

Something to note though, Zach's times were recorded on a "rainy" day, so he's probably even a bit quicker. An example is Grant Tisdale. He recorded a 4.76 and 4.21 at the same event as Zach, yet ran a 4.55 and 4.07 at the same event as Jase in "sunny" conditions.

2 minutes ago, SLChorn said:

Something to note though, Zach's times were recorded on a "rainy" day, so he's probably even a bit quicker. An example is Grant Tisdale. He recorded a 4.76 and 4.21 at the same event as Zach, yet ran a 4.55 and 4.07 at the same event as Jase in "sunny" conditions.

Those Dallas times were crazy fast that day too 

Steve Wiltfong: Oklahoma impresses top targets Saturday

News, notes and buzz coming out of a big junior day at Oklahoma.

There seems to be a ton of confidence around Norman regarding Lawrence (Kan.) Free State Top247 offensive tackle Turner Corcoran. I know Nebraska among others is in the thick of it for the blue-chipper, but the Sooners are no question at or near the top of the list. Ohio State is also slated to get a spring game visit. “It was great man,” Corcoran told 247Sports. “I got to talk with current and former players and that’s always great I mean that’s basically the only thing I haven’t done yet there so kind of a check off the bucket list.” A source that spent time around Scottsdale (Ariz.) Saguaro’s Jacobe Covington says it went really well and likes where the Sooners stand following the visit. Covington tells 247Sports he's headed back to campus Sunday morning to speak with the coaches and eat.

A couple young guys are really feeling the Sooners as well. The nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker Kendrick Blackshirehas been to Norman a few times and had another great visit. Heard it went real well with Missouri City (Texas) Willowridge 2021 receiver Latrell Neville as well. Oklahoma has the nation’s No. 8 class early in the 2020 cycle.