OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

WhirlwindFoolhardyHuman-small.gif

followed by
giphy.gif

I mean for fuck's sake...there were some truly powerhouse OU teams and classes under stoops...ones that were great looking on BOTH sides of the football. That is...that cart is so far ahead of the horse on that statement that it's rolled into the next county and the horse has already been shot dead. 

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Fucking nobody has Riley listed with Saban or Dabo.

Technically that OU mod isn't nobody (whoever he is). I mean, professionally, he is a nobody, absolutely, but he probably has been issued a social security number at some point...so he IS somebody. 

Can someone tell me what the criteria is for a "Football Icon?" I'm conjuring an image of Lincoln Riley dressed in hot pants and a mink coat like broadway joe, but completely shirtless with that sunshine navel tattoo announcing his presence in every room he enters. Real. Iconography. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Correct.  He's listed with Mike Leach and Tom Herman under "offensive genius who has done well as a head coach but hasn't reached the top level" at least not yet.

The only other guy that belongs in that conversation right now is Urban Meyer.

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Yep. Last time I checked Dabo and Saban have actually won playoff games.

regardless, we need to take the conference from OU this year. We’re the only team that will beat them/keep them out of the playoffs and the last thing we need is for ole bag o dicks jr. to be able to see three straight trips to the playoff. If we beat them this year, we can cut off a lot of their momentum, but if they make the playoff again, it’ll be a pain in the ass for us recruiting, even though we’ll still pull in better classes.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OU mod

D0RUz99XQAEmQ_7.png

I call bullshit. Quite a few times after 2000, OU had one of the greatest teams in history. They could beat some NFL teams. We know so because Sooner fans told us so.

Of course, those teams all went on to get their shit pushed in when they played bowl games. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Last time I checked Dabo and Saban have actually won playoff games.

regardless, we need to take the conference from OU this year. We’re the only team that will beat them/keep them out of the playoffs and the last thing we need is for ole bag o dicks jr. to be able to see three straight trips to the playoff. If we beat them this year, we can cut off a lot of their momentum, but if they make the playoff again, it’ll be a pain in the ass for us recruiting, even though we’ll still pull in better classes.

I think it was @sushihorn that broke down OUs recruiting, but they are getting very Techy in how lopsided their O vs D recruiting is getting. I think Grinch and Lincoln are in a do or die year for OUs defense and if they don't take a noticeable step forward their recruiting on that side of the ball will dry up real quick. 

Edited by Not a Sock

6 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I think it was @sushihorn that broke down OUs recruiting but they are getting very Techy in how lopsided their O vs D recruiting is getting. I think Grinch and Lincoln are in a do or die year for OUs defense and if they don't take a noticeable step forward their recruiting on that side of the ball will dry up real quick. 

There’s no doubt they haven’t recruited as well on D but that doesn’t matter much in terms of them being a formidable recruiting opponent.  Their lower ranked class from 2019 won’t affect them much on field for at least a couple years.

If they have success, guys will go there even if their D kind of sucks. It’ll give us something to negative recruit but they’ll still recruit well.  Also, Their D was lower last year due to staff turnover.

Bottom line, they will still get more guys we want on both sides this year and moving forward as long as they keep beating us in the Big 12 and going to the playoff. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I think it was @sushihorn that broke down OUs recruiting, but they are getting very Techy in how lopsided their O vs D recruiting is getting. I think Grinch and Lincoln are in a do or die year for OUs defense and if they don't take a noticeable step forward their recruiting on that side of the ball will dry up real quick. 

That weird recruiting dude with the Youtube video that was posted yesterday mentioned that getting a guy as well-respected (fuck if I know how) among West Coast guys as Bookie will backfire on them if he continues to suck with the new coaching.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

That weird recruiting dude with the Youtube video that was posted yesterday mentioned that getting a guy as well-respected (fuck if I know how) among West Coast guys as Bookie will backfire on them if he continues to suck with the new coaching.

He's from Inglewood, CA prior to attending IMG.  Plus at least on of the 3 major services rated Radley-Hiles as a 5-star.

Unlike the OU homers, I see Grinch as a huge risk.  4 years as a DC.  No (positive) impact at tOSU.  One good season at WSU which has been severely oversold.  Tons of movement along the front.  His DL stemmed most of the time, then often ran a slant or stunt post-snap.  A lot of times that led to them not being gap sound across the front which was how UW crushed them with the running game.

Grinch has said repeatedly that he wants faster guys up front.  He used a 250 lb Mata'afa at NT for the Coogs.  In that light, the radio silence on Prince Dorbah seems especially weird. 

21 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

He's from Inglewood, CA prior to attending IMG.  Plus at least on of the 3 major services rated Radley-Hiles as a 5-star.

Unlike the OU homers, I see Grinch as a huge risk.  4 years as a DC.  No (positive) impact at tOSU.  One good season at WSU which has been severely oversold.  Tons of movement along the front.  His DL stemmed most of the time, then often ran a slant or stunt post-snap.  A lot of times that led to them not being gap sound across the front which was how UW crushed them with the running game.

Grinch has said repeatedly that he wants faster guys up front.  He used a 250 lb Mata'afa at NT for the Coogs.  In that light, the radio silence on Prince Dorbah seems especially weird. 

Oh I know the facts about Bookie. I was referring more to the fact he seems like a trashbag human on the field.

5 hours ago, maninblack said:

Don't think so just thought it was funny since he's an ou commit now that an NFL agent publicly said it's a bad move.

Actually he claims we did 

That kind of fits that we tell guys (Powell, Jackson, apparently Henderson) that they can get a try at QB if they want. Of course he's totally bastardizing that for his own approach to try to pump this up as some massive H2H win even though we were really pitching him at primarily the same spot OU was.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So Lincoln Riley just announced an overnight "men's fantasy camp" at blOU on June 7th/8th 😕

Hmmm... Men's Fantasy Camp?  I think we know what Riley is really after here.

Edited by RabidM

44 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So Lincoln Riley just announced an overnight "men's fantasy camp" at blOU on June 7th/8th 😕

Any state of Texas employees who attend this camp should be fired. Any Texas resident who attends deserves the Herman curse.

They’re claiming he’s too short and doesn’t have good enough straight line speed for Grinch’s scheme. That’s all well and good, but whom else is out there of which they have a good shot for? If you go by crystal balls, you could say either Jacobe Covington or Jahari Rogers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacobe-Covington-46055059/

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

They’re claiming he’s too short and doesn’t have good enough straight line speed for Grinch’s scheme. That’s all well and good, but whom else is out there of which they have a good shot for? If you go by crystal balls, you could say either Jacobe Covington or Jahari Rogers.

Jahari Rogers and Ryan Watts. Maybe Joshua Eaton, too. They're doing much better at DB than DL.

Edited by texifornia

6 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Ringo's teammate.  No doubt trying to get him on board to have a better shot at Ringo.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Football related, but they've moved DT Michael Thompson to the OL.  From that 2018 DL class Ronnie Perkins looks like a real good get, but Thompson and Tatum were highly rated and neither will do anything on the DL for them.  I guess Redmond is still TBD.

Redmond has a sickness that was reportedly bothering him all last season, although what it actually was was kept under wraps. Many suspected sickle cell. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:12 AM, Fud said:

Redmond has a sickness that was reportedly bothering him all last season, although what it actually was was kept under wraps. Many suspected sickle cell. 

It was blood clots so his future is in doubt.  Dude was a stud when he played

On 3/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Football related, but they've moved DT Michael Thompson to the OL.  From that 2018 DL class Ronnie Perkins looks like a real good get, but Thompson and Tatum were highly rated and neither will do anything on the DL for them.  I guess Redmond is still TBD.

I was really jealous of that position group for that class.

Rosters are notoriously bad in terms of ht/wt but I thought this was interesting. Between Grinch and Wylie here is what's happening at DT in Norman

Weight Loss From Fall Roster to Spring Roster:

Neville Gallimore DL 6-2 295 R-Sr. (Weight Loss: 35) 
Dillon Faamatau DT 6-3 290 R-Sr. (Weight Loss: 29) 
Tyreece Lott DE 6-2 281 Jr. (Weight Loss: 20)

Zacchaeus McKinney DT 6-3 288 R-So. (Weight Loss: 18) 
Troy James DT 6-1 286 R-So. (Weight Loss: 18)

Marquise Overton DT 6-1 303 R-Sr. (Weight Loss: 12) 
Jordan Kelley DT 6-3 294 R-Fr. (Weight Loss: 3)

SHOULDER SURGERIES INBOUND!!!!