OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Have to save their physicality for the women in Norman.

There's always a puncher's chance he lands at OU but whether he's good or not is speculative until the state rallies around suppressing evidence of player tape of his battery against a female.  The fact that they have an apparatus for this is pretty mind blowing.  

Updated.... 2020 Rankings 247
1  Clemson.  Clemson
Avg  94.11
LSU
2  LSU
Avg  93.06
Alabama
3  Alabama
Avg. 93.42
Ohio State
4  Ohio State
Avg. 91.81
Georgia
5  Georgia
Avg. 93.74
Texas A&M
6  Texas A&M
Avg. 91.17
Texas
7  Texas
Avg. 92.75
Oklahoma
8  Oklahoma
Avg. 91.35

Edited by LTtxfan

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, SydneyCarton said:

You think the UT network didn’t help Shipley get his myriad of jobs? You don’t think a Stanford degree helps their players get jobs? What I can tell you is that an OU degree will get you Heisman winner Billy Simms living under a fucking bridge and coming out once a year for his free dinner and drinks at the downtown athletic club. 
Living under a bridge is pretty Real World for a school’s heisman winner, right? Meanwhile Texas superstars miraculously keep getting hired by our alums, and often by UT itself to do LHN work. Hmm. Ricky, Vince, Shipley, Emmanuel Acho, Cedric Griffin, Fozzy Whitaker. 

To be fair, Sooners get hired by fellow OU grads to do lawn care, wash cars, deliver Chinese food, pick up dog shit, etc. it’s just that nobody cares. 

And hornhorn is the most obvious sooner troll. 

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

And there it is:

EL8TGSfW4AAWT6Y?format=jpg&name=small

Reveal hidden contents

EL8TG0CWkAA7Cqo?format=jpg&name=smallEL8THWPXsAAI8l3?format=jpg&name=small

So 8 players may have failed tests for weed?  No way gooners keep players out of CFP for ganja...  

Funny how RJ Young posts:  "I'd chill on this for the time being."

Hmmm...  Early Signing Day just a little  over 30hrs away!!  😁

So 8 players may have failed tests for weed?  No way gooners keep players out of CFP for ganja...  
Funny how RJ Young posts:  "I'd chill on this for the time being."
Hmmm...  Early Signing Day just a little  over 30hrs away!! 

If it’s an NCAA test then yes, they will sit. Unless it’s changed the NCAA will randomly select a small portion of the team for testing at the start and end of every season. Typically it’s around 10 guys or so.

This is how those Texas guys got popped at the Cotton Bowl that one year.

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The real question is how on earth they got caught right before a Playoff game. Something in the usual system broke down.

If these rumors are true, it was probably an NCAA test prior to the playoff. Remember Clemson players getting popped for PEDs last year? 

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

If these rumors are true, it was probably an NCAA test prior to the playoff. Remember Clemson players getting popped for PEDs last year? 

Still some smoke...

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/board/103683/Contents/rumors-of-suspended-ou-players-popping-up-across-many-sites-140608632/?page=1

23 minutes ago, Beef said:

If it’s an NCAA test then yes, they will sit. Unless it’s changed the NCAA will randomly select a small portion of the team for testing at the start and end of every season. Typically it’s around 10 guys or so.

This is how those Texas guys got popped at the Cotton Bowl that one year.

Lol, 8/10

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Drumm says McClellan is probably flipping to Bama.

Mentions rumors on Suspensions and players missing LSU CFP game... no sure info yet

blOU is nervous right now on McClellan...

Thinks Grimes is gonna sign w/blOU

Edited by LTtxfan

Take this with salt, because it might be a troll, but someone on the rivals mainboard said the list of suspended includes Perkins, Brooks, Stevenson, Tre Brown, Bridges, and AD Miller. Losing their top two running backs along with Perkins is pretty big 

42 minutes ago, Fud said:

Take this with salt, because it might be a troll, but someone on the rivals mainboard said the list of suspended includes Perkins, Brooks, Stevenson, Tre Brown, Bridges, and AD Miller. Losing their top two running backs along with Perkins is pretty big 

I think this list might be mostly accurate with the exception of Brooks 

SIAP

OUInsider / Brandon Drumm / Jase McClellan

Spoiler

Update Tues 8:48am

As you see from my updates, you won’t see Jase and OU as a thing. Basically, a source tells me “OU and Jase parted ways.”

Such a crazy turn of events, but we said Bama felt good, it was just the OU side still feeling confident until last 24hrs.

Update

*** And just like that....

Speaking to a few others this may not end well for OU. One source said, “It has definitely moved in Bama direction lately.”

How far? I don’t know. Jase and Bama seem to be a thing... a very real thing.

I’m monitoring this but getting conflicting info.

I know a few threads have been posted asking about Jase.

I spoke to his mother tonight. She informed me that “as far she knows nothing has changed with Jase and he hasn’t informed her otherwise.”

Basically, I approached her with the questions about Jase and Bama. She didn’t shoot down Bama stuff, but did say that they talk with OU often.

I’m aware of other reports you all asked me about, but she says nothing has changed so that is what we have to go with as Jase absolutely despises the recruiting process and wants to focus on the state title this weekend.

As of now, Jase is signing at 7am (as we previously reported) and a public ceremony on Friday — time still to be determined.

I’m not saying he isn’t going to Bama. I am saying that his mother has always been upfront with me, so I can only report what I’m told.

Mia say nothing has changed, as far as she knows so...

SIAP - crossposting from the OU Football board thread

OUInsider 247 / Brandon Drumm / Suspension rumors

Spoiler

UPDATE

Okay, since it’s out there on Twitter I will walk you through how long Collin and I have known and why we were so coy about it. Hope you all understand how hard it is to report such things and keep a balance between people trusting us and

*** Yesterday, I came across the news via a few DM’s. I was able to confirm it earlier this morning. The problem is, there was a growing sentiment that it wasn’t true from some sources.

*** Why not report what I’m told? The kids and sources have to trust...That’s a fact.

These kids made a mistake. Honestly, you get to know and care about these kids in the process and you don’t want to burn them with bad news.

Sources trust us. We value the info and know you want it to continue.

*** Lastly, Collin and I knew this was a legit deal around 10am this morning. At that time we debated on how to handle this. I’m not saying if they are significant suspensions or not. That will be a Lincoln Riley deal, as we like to let him handle all that type of stuff.

*** We handle this type of stuff with kid gloves. We don’t want to over step our boundaries. There are certain things you try and let the head coach and team handle. Collin and I a felt this was one of them.

*** Good news is the appeal process, so as we reported earlier said players are practicing (see the suspension threads) and this could be nothing in the end.

I get everyone is losing their minds right now. Hell, I have had multiple people randomly text me that I don't know, randon people search out my Facebook and instant message me and mention me on Twitter multiple times an hour. It's driving the media crazy at this point, too. It's gotten completely out of hand.

That said, the rumors and smoke are thick, no doubt. Thing is, OU definitely doesn't want anyone to know if there is or isn't anything going on -- good or bad.

Collin and I have been working the phones all day long. ALL DAY LONG... We still have nothing concrete. Sources telling us "it is like Fort Knox in Norman right now." We have been told it's true. We have been told it's a rumor. We have heard all the names you all have and more, but we aren't going to say them due to the fact we have no confirmation from anyone that is directly corelated to said players. Us saying anything more would be poor journalism on our part.

Furthermore, if we did have confirmation we would let you all, as paying customers and a caring fan base, know one way or the other. We are going to continue to dig on this, but good news is ahead with the fact Riley will be addressing the media on Wednesday. We will get National Signing Day availability and post-practice availability. I guess the real question is, will we get any information from Coach Riley or Coach Grinch on said rumors? I guess we will see.

We are sorry we don't have more, but will so much conflict between different sources it makes it hard for us to put out any real report.

We will continue to dig on this, but until then we have to say this is still an ongoing rumor that can't be confirmed or denied at this juncture.

19 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

UPDATE

Okay, since it’s out there on Twitter I will walk you through how long Collin and I have known and why we were so coy about it. Hope you all understand how hard it is to report such things and keep a balance between people trusting us and

*** Yesterday, I came across the news via a few DM’s. I was able to confirm it earlier this morning. The problem is, there was a growing sentiment that it wasn’t true from some sources.

*** Why not report what I’m told? The kids and sources have to trust...That’s a fact.

These kids made a mistake. Honestly, you get to know and care about these kids in the process and you don’t want to burn them with bad news.

*** Lastly, Collin and I knew this was a legit deal around 10am this morning. At that time we debated on how to handle this. I’m not saying if they are significant suspensions or not. That will be a Lincoln Riley deal, as we like to let him handle all that type of stuff.

*** We handle this type of stuff with kid gloves. We don’t want to over step our boundaries. There are certain things you try and let the head coach and team handle. Collin and I a felt this was one of them.

*** Good news is the appeal process, so as we reported earlier said players are practicing (see the suspension threads) and this could be nothing in the end.

I get everyone is losing their minds right now. Hell, I have had multiple people randomly text me that I don't know, randon people search out my Facebook and instant message me and mention me on Twitter multiple times an hour. It's driving the media crazy at this point, too. It's gotten completely out of hand.

That said, the rumors and smoke are thick, no doubt. Thing is, OU definitely doesn't want anyone to know if there is or isn't anything going on -- good or bad.

Collin and I have been working the phones all day long. ALL DAY LONG... We still have nothing concrete. Sources telling us "it is like Fort Knox in Norman right now." We have been told it's true. We have been told it's a rumor. We have heard all the names you all have and more, but we aren't going to say them due to the fact we have no confirmation from anyone that is directly corelated to said players. Us saying anything more would be poor journalism on our part.

Furthermore, if we did have confirmation we would let you all, as paying customers and a caring fan base, know one way or the other. We are going to continue to dig on this, but good news is ahead with the fact Riley will be addressing the media on Wednesday. We will get National Signing Day availability and post-practice availability. I guess the real question is, will we get any information from Coach Riley or Coach Grinch on said rumors? I guess we will see.

We are sorry we don't have more, but will so much conflict between different sources it makes it hard for us to put out any real report.

We will continue to dig on this, but until then we have to say this is still an ongoing rumor that can't be confirmed or denied at this juncture.

This update can be condensed to a dimensionless point.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Buried the shit out of that story. Remember when Bridges was a talented shithead during his recruitment? OU now does.

There was a rumor earlier this season that he was switching to DB because he wanted to get on the field faster 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:04 AM, Getafix said:

Hide contents

UPDATE

did danger_snax get a job writing for OUInsider?

• Like 1