OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

35 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Bedlam will be one of the best games of the year. Spencer Sanders will push their shit in.

Maybe. Gundy is a committed bedshitter when it comes to playing OU. He has some sort of craven need to get his asswhipped by them every fall.  always

I’ve started to suspect that he’s into some deep S&M level shit and getting horsefucked by OU is part of his regimen, mostly because it’s a fucking shock of pain. Then he can work off of the dull aching afterglow for the rest of the 365 day cycle after the shock wears off. It’s probably better than a thumbtack in the shoe for that fucker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Per Suchomel quoting a Bama rivals report. This is a blow, was it Drumm or Braniacs that was so off on this one?

My top three is Texas, A&M and Alabama in no order,” Collins told Andrew Bone from or Bama site. “I will take my official visit to Texas A&M when they play Alabama (10/12) and will visit Texas when they play Kansas (October 19). I plan on making a decision in February, but I'm not completely sure yet."

49 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Per Suchomel quoting a Bama rivals report. This is a blow, was it Drumm or Braniacs that was so off on this one?

My top three is Texas, A&M and Alabama in no order,” Collins told Andrew Bone from or Bama site. “I will take my official visit to Texas A&M when they play Alabama (10/12) and will visit Texas when they play Kansas (October 19). I plan on making a decision in February, but I'm not completely sure yet."

Oklahoma was oddly confident in this one 

On 9/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Bedlam will be one of the best games of the year. Spencer Sanders will push their shit in.

lol, osu is 2-12 against ou under gundy...which is right in line with the fact that they are 10-71-1 since ww2.  dumbest fucking "rivalry" in history.  even dumber than ours with the agros and that's saying something.

Drumm at OU 247 on Princely/Eaton from @Longhornfrenzy

In case you missed it, here is the OUinsider VIP weekend recruiting notes part 1 : Drumm Beat: Weekend Recruiting Notes Part 1

*** Oklahoma is hosting a small but elite group of recruits this weekend. Here are my thoughts on the Sooners chances with all the uncommitted visitors:

Princely Umanmielen: Princely U is committed to the Sooners arch-rival Texas. Princely was very high on the Sooners before committing to Texas, but I will readily admit that I never thought the visit to OU would happen. Actually, he is one I wouldn't be shocked about if he decided not to take the official visit to Oklahoma at the 11th hour. Princely is a guy the Sooners love and hope they can somehow flip. That will be tough with him hailing from Manor (TX). Manor isn't too far from Austin and if the location is an issue the Longhorns definitely have an advantage there.

As far as the Sooners chances here? I would give it a slim 20% chance to flip the four-star defensive lineman. Don't get me wrong, I think OU will put it's best foot forward and might even make Princely think a bit about things afterward. I am just having a tough time seeing him flip from Texas when it's all said and done. If I am wrong that is a good thing for OU and its fans. I know anytime you visit Norman all bets are off. Things always seem to happen and Norman is a place that most kids are shocked about with its proximity to Oklahoma City and size of Norman itself. Thing is, Princely has been to Norman a few times so the element of surprise isn't in the cards. However, Oklahoma can show him a side of OU/Norman not seen on unofficial visits. Will that be enough? I am skeptical but also know recruiting is a funny, funny thing.

Joshua Eaton: Yet another Texas Longhorns 2020 defensive commit visiting OU. The difference is that Eaton has some Oklahoma/Oklahoma City ties that could play a role here. With Eaton having family from the OKC area, the four-star defensive back has decided to still take his official to OU. Again, what are the Sooners chances? Ironically, sources I speak to say they feel better about their odds with Eaton than they do with Princely Umanmielen.

When saying "better chances" it is a bit subjective, in my opinion. I still feel like the Sooners are in an obvious uphill battle with Eaton committed to OU arch-rival. That said, Oklahoma was a school that really made a late push for Eaton. When he did come to commitment decision it seemed like an OU/Texas battle that the Longhorns eventually won out on. The question is, can OU make up the ground needed to flip the four-star defensive back?

Just from what I have gathered, there is a lot of things that OU will need to do to win Eaton over. Obviously, a great official visit is a start. Second, a win on October 12th over Texas would be another big deal. Will all that be enough? That is yet to be seen.

Again, I never completely count Riley and the Sooners out when they get a kid on campus for an official visit. That same thing will ring true with Joshua Eaton. OU has a punchers chance and that is all you can ask for with a couple of months to go until December early signing period

Edited by texifornia

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Sooner mod on the big OVs. Everyone give @Longhornfrenzy a posrep when he posts. And maybe a cold beer if you can figure out how.

EFmdpkAWsAADTSp?format=jpg&name=medium

I cant help but think Texas wouldn't be all that worried if these guys flipped. 

while losing guys to flips to anybody,  especially OUsux.....well, sux, losing Princley at Dline wont.hurt with what we have and Collins on the way. 

and losing Eaton when we have 2 DBs already and there is movement on Ringo?

losing either or both wouldnt hurt. and it would help our numbers. 

recruiting depth is great. but it seems we have some wiggle at both positions. 

11 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

while losing guys to flips to anybody,  especially OUsux.....well, sux, losing Princley at Dline wont.hurt with what we have and Collins on the way. 

No. That’s a terrible idea. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Losing Princely would suck. Don't care if Eaton flips. 

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I hope Eaton sticks.. He needs a RS and some S&C.  I would expect him to be really good by his RS-Jr season.  Kid is raw in coverage, still playing WR.

I am not going to lose any sleep if Eaton does flip, this is a pretty down year for defensive backs and Eaton seems like the least ready in our current class. Even still, when Sam straps a saddle on Jalen Hurts in two weeks and rides him around the cotton bowl everything should fall into place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am not going to lose any sleep if Eaton does flip, this is a pretty down year for defensive backs and Eaton seems like the least ready in our current class. Even still, when Sam straps a saddle on Jalen Hurts in two weeks and rides him around the cotton bowl everything should fall into place. 

I'm ready for the defense to continue to get better despite the injuries and stop the hurts hype train.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Hurts is a poor passer when he is uncomfortable. Stopping the QB run game is going to suck though. 

Definitely going to have to play zone and not blitz 5 very often. We don’t keep any discipline in our rushing lanes when we blitz and Hurts will run all over us if we do. We need to play stout against the traditional run game and make Hurts go through multiple progressions in the pocket and rally to him when he runs. 

• Like 2