OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

ENxB0wYXkAEmSr6?format=png&name=360x360ENxB4GMWsAEhU9t?format=png&name=360x360

“He still stays in constant contact”. Who the fuck talks or thinks like that? Can you imagine the concept of talking to someone so much that it feels “constant” in a business setting? That client or employee or whomever would be gone almost immediately. What are they, facetiming through the duration of his waking hours? It’s just fucking stupid. You hear people talk like that about a family member in a time of crisis or from sooner and aggie $9.95ers with their ridiculous, room temperature IQ takes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

Do we actually want Grinch to take that job? I kind of like him where he is now.  He's an awful recruiter and his defense was improved, but not great at all.  We made them look much better than they should have.  

Yeah he certainly doesn't worry me up there. We've all seen what the B12 can do to DCs in their second and third year after opponents have a chance to adjust, and that OU defense was no 2017 Texas.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oooo these sour grapes are so delicious

Hide contents

EOf2cv6WAAEL-y-?format=png&name=360x360EOf2fK4WAAANo6L?format=jpg&name=360x360EOf2g6QWoAApmYa?format=png&name=360x360EOf2i7_WAAIxr5r?format=jpg&name=360x360

Im sorry, I was under the impression that the guy who has coached and recruited TE's and RBs for OU the last 6 years, two traditional positions of strength for those teams, was at the very least a good coach and recruiter. I'm somewhat surprised to apparently realize he is just average at both. Hmm.

Brandon Drumm

Posted on 5 hrs, V I P, User 

I am aware of Horns247 Mike Roach update, on Alfred Collins, where he stated Collins is saying he won’t be taking an unofficial to OU or Bama before deciding in February.

If Roach reported it I 100% buy it because he is one of the best in the business. I will, however, do my due diligence on this over the next few days.

Roach told me —on my 105.3 CBSSPORTS Radio Show in OKC last week — that he won’t write it off and say 100% Texas until the in-homes are done. The Sooners have two more to go and Riley will get one of those.

That said, if it was to end today I would pick Texas (already CB’d them a while back) because of location and the fact he is a legacy with his mother having played basketball there.

As far as why he took an unofficial to Texas? Obviously, one reason is because he wanted to do so, but the other was so he could see things in person with Texas having changed almost all of the defensive, including new DC Chris Ash. The visit just makes sense.

I’ll look into it over the days to come and update on what I can find out. Just wanted to you all to have some clarity on why Texas visit makes sense and why getting to other visits isn’t necessarily the end all for OU or Bama.

One last thing on Collins... I’m told Texas feels as confident as ever so OU has a ton of work to do here.

Deandre Butler is a key piece in all of this, as well, with him having 4 years to play 3 years out of JUCO ranks. Two big-time DL for OU to try and close out on in the 2020 recruiting cycle.

Will have more on his visit later this afternoon/evening, hopefully, as I’m slated to speak with him once the official visit has finished.

Stay tuned for that and junior day updates throughout next 24-72 hours

20 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brandon Drumm

I am aware of Horns247 Mike Roach update, on Alfred Collins, where he stated Collins is saying he won’t be taking an unofficial to OU or Bama before deciding in February.

If Roach reported it I 100% buy it because he is one of the best in the business. I will, however, do my due diligence on this over the next few days.

Roach told me —on my 105.3 CBSSPORTS Radio Show in OKC last week — that he won’t write it off and say 100% Texas until the in-homes are done. The Sooners have two more to go and Riley will get one of those.

That said, if it was to end today I would pick Texas (already CB’d them a while back) because of location and the fact he is a legacy with his mother having played basketball there.

As far as why he took an unofficial to Texas? Obviously, one reason is because he wanted to do so, but the other was so he could see things in person with Texas having changed almost all of the defensive, including new DC Chris Ash. The visit just makes sense.

I’ll look into it over the days to come and update on what I can find out. Just wanted to you all to have some clarity on why Texas visit makes sense and why getting to other visits isn’t necessarily the end all for OU or Bama.

One last thing on Collins... I’m told Texas feels as confident as ever so OU has a ton of work to do here.

Deandre Butler is a key piece in all of this, as well, with him having 4 years to play 3 years out of JUCO ranks. Two big-time DL for OU to try and close out on in the 2020 recruiting cycle.

Will have more on his visit later this afternoon/evening, hopefully, as I’m slated to speak with him once the official visit has finished.

Someone missed English class.

37 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brandon Drumm

This is soo rich man...  Just a short few months ago he was on the RJ Young youtube show and they were ripping bong hits to the prospects of Collins, and Princely joining ou.  Texas was a dumpster fire and they were going to get everyone while Texas would have to settle for leftovers (they got this from Zach not putting Texas in the top 5).  They did get Eaton and Washington so they can still spin that it was a wash going head to head this cycle..

This is what Roach actually said in his update:

— ... and Collins talked about maybe taking unofficial visits to Alabama and Oklahoma, though his mother said they likely wouldn’t make those visits.

This is Drumm's report about what Roach supposedly said:

... where he stated Collins is saying he won’t be taking an unofficial to OU or Bama

$9.95, please.

Drumm seems less optimistic that the three OU players will get their suspensions reduced than a few weeks ago

Lastly, the source added that the players are aware of the suspensions and the fact it could be a deterrent to start the season, obviously. One player is more of a loss than most might realize, the source added: "There are several people on the defensive side of the program that feel Trejan Bridges is the best wide out on the team.”

It’s subjective, as you all know, but having a source outright say that shows you just how good that trio could be. Everyone has their opinion who is the best of the three. Depends on who you speak to, but this is what landing three 5-stars will do.

On another note, OU 247 has five pinned threads about Demarco Murray right now 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

the rankings are biased against OU, you see. Also they needed a bagman to land Collins.

Hide contents

EPZyBuMX4AEfiOp?format=jpg&name=smallEPZyCEjWsAcCT9t?format=jpg&name=smallEPZyCaOW4AEQzOk?format=png&name=smallEPZyC0LWAAIDYRH?format=png&name=360x360

"Seems like we need to get momma on OUr side to land him, don't see that happening IMO ..."

Given that she's a Texas legacy, the "IMO" is a nice touch.

Real contrarian, IMO.