OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

Just now, texifornia said:

It's because they wear Jordan unis, which will never not look odd to me on a football jersey (yeah, yeah the kids love it).

I know they wear Jump Man, but actually using MJ himself is what I find odd considering he went to a totally different school.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah damn, he's good. Missing on Ceedee Lamb continuing to bite us.

Eh, they're going to get elite offensive skill guys.  

I can't think of a single front 7 defensive guy they lead for or even in consideration for.  Seems like Dorbah, Umanmielen, and others were given the Grinch treatment.

5 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

https://neoathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4071

TomHermancurse.jpg (I can't seem to find the image with a cursory Google image search)

It was just reported on a pay board the other day that was going to NEO. I would assume this summer.

Of course, this is the kid that didn't know he had to have the Compliance office enter his name in the system. He thought if he just declared that he would show up in the Portal. Very Michael Scott of him

What is the Tom Herman curse?

NFL Network gargled Riley’s balls this morning .. back to back Heisman winners, overall #1 picks, and playoffs.

When given a minute to give his recruiting pitch, he said he wouldn’t need that much time ... he said he simply asks the recruits if they’ve been watching the NFL draft the last couple of years. 

Cant argue with that ...

6 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

NFL Network gargled Riley’s balls this morning .. back to back Heisman winners, overall #1 picks, and playoffs.

When given a minute to give his recruiting pitch, he said he wouldn’t need that much time ... he said he simply asks the recruits if they’ve been watching the NFL draft the last couple of years. 

Cant argue with that ...

That's great for an offensive target and all, but that can be argued heartily in regard to any defensive recruit on their board. They haven't had a high pick on defense any more recently than we have, if memory serves. Who is the last one? McCoy to Tampa? That seems like 5+ years ago.

7 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Cant argue with that ... 

It don't make a shit, we've beaten them in the rankings the last two years, and even eclipsed their awesome WR class last year.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's great for an offensive target and all, but that can be argued heartily in regard to any defensive recruit on their board. They haven't had a high pick on defense any more recently than we have, if memory serves. Who is the last one? McCoy to Tampa? That seems like 5+ years ago.

Ha, those fuckers have had a 1st (McCoy), a 2nd, and 2 3rd rounders from the defensive side drafted in the last 11 drafts total. So, yeah, if they're bragging about the draft to defensive recruits, it's no wonder they're not exactly cleaning up on that side of the roster.

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Those recruiting “championships” sure add up ... just ask Mack. 

I'm not going to waste much time helping you understand the stupidity of your current positioning against the reality of the rankings and draft classes, but I will repeat the point that nothing about OU's recruiting, development, or NFL draft legacy is worth a fuck on the defensive side of the ball going back beyond a decade from here. 

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Cant argue with that ...

I could argue with it. 

Hurts will mark the 5th year in a row that the Sooners are starting a xfer QB. 

Riley didn't recruit any of those QBs out of high school, in fact he hasn't had a QB that he recruited start a single game for him at OU (as OC or HC). Hell, Holgorson is the person that identified Carden as a capable QB and talked McNeil into looking at him at ECU. It's easy AF to sell Kingsbury as the man behind identifying both Murray and Mayfield (despite how he handled them, etc). Riley taking on Hurts instead of a QB he has identified and groomed (Austin Kendall) further exacerbates the feeling that he is piggybacking off of other people's work. I'm not saying Riley isn't a good offensive coach or QB coach but I could argue with his impact on the 2 first rounders esp. with the taking of Hurts vs. Kendall (as well as Mordecai and Rattler). You could also point out that Riley was being a fucking bitch cunt trying to block Kendall's transfer to WVU until the whole world shat on him and forced his hypocrite ass to give in.  

Fuck OU. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I could argue with it. 

Hurts will mark the 5th year in a row that the Sooners are starting a xfer QB. 

Riley didn't recruit any of those QBs out of high school, in fact he hasn't had a QB that he recruited start a single game for him at OU (as OC or HC). Hell, Holgorson is the person that identified Carden as a capable QB and talked McNeil into looking at him at ECU. It's easy AF to sell Kingsbury as the man behind identifying both Murray and Mayfield (despite how he handled them, etc). Riley taking on Hurts instead of a QB he has identified and groomed (Austin Kendall) further exacerbates the feeling that he is piggybacking off of other people's work. I'm not saying Riley isn't a good offensive coach or QB coach but I could argue with his impact on the 2 first rounders esp. with the taking of Hurts vs. Kendall (as well as Mordecai and Rattler). You could also point out that Riley was being a fucking bitch cunt trying to block Kendall's transfer to WVU until the whole world shat on him and forced his hypocrite ass to give in.  

Fuck OU. 

Listen to this man.