OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

On 5/7/2019 at 7:40 AM, Fud said:

On the bright side, A&M misses on another tackle. That's now Lindberg, Garth, Crawford, Anderson, probably Tosh, and possibly Hayes

It's on the lol side, not bright, but I'm sure that's what you meant. Just wanted to clarify for the aggy and sooner lurkers. 

Any good thing to happen to those fuckers up north likely comes at our expensive. So fuck ou and aggy, as always, is there for our entertainment. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Constant said:

Riley has posted two sets of eyes today. The speculation I’ve seen says Seth McGowan (RB) and another offensive player. 

McGowan and McClellan makes for a stellar law firm name and an even better backfield, if true. 

That would be good for OU.

They’re always in need of more stellar law firms considering the fan base’s general lack of intelligence and their players’ propensity for assaulting women. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Constant said:

Riley has posted two sets of eyes today. The speculation I’ve seen says Seth McGowan (RB) and another offensive player. 

McGowan and McClellan makes for a stellar law firm name and an even better backfield, if true. 

McGowan and McClellan sounds like the world's leading firm for potato law.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Constant said:

I think it’s safe to always assume that it’s another offensive player. Even if they aren’t,  they probably will be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

So is McGowan the type of player that would cause problems with McClellan? 

And if he were, does that mean Robinson/Evans would be too? 

Evans is for sure. Unclear about others, although he's already been flirting with a couple other schools, including Texas 

26 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

More offensive guys, an unknown DE scrub and a guy that I’d like to see go to ATM, and he probably will. Boy, OU is looking pretty, prettay good now and into the future on defense. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

More offensive guys, an unknown DE scrub and a guy that I’d like to see go to ATM, and he probably will. Boy, OU is looking pretty, prettay good now and into the future on defense. 

Super K says they are only taking 2 LB's this class after taking just 1 last year.

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Super K says they are only taking 2 LB's this class after taking just 1 last year.

Riley's trend towards Mackovician behaviors is entertaining to witness. 

The guy runs an air raid, fast paced offense. His practices are engineered around that and the reps per minute required to make it pop. His defenses are inherently being worked under the same conditions, and yet they'll have what, 2 offenses on the schedule in 2019 that match up with that style? Grinch has a defense full of pussies and he knows it, and he's said as much in various circles. They practice soft and he didn't make much of a dent in changing that in the spring, and when things did progress, suddenly a bunch of defenders had to sit out with claimed dings and nicks that further exacerbated the problem.

If they're really only taking 3 LBs in a 2 year cycle, it's almost comical. But, yeah, he's made the playoffs twice and has produced two Heisman winners and he's a genius and all of that. I am interested in witnessing how that program changes or maintains over the next 5 years. 

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's before my time, but reminds me of what I heard when Kliff first took over at Tech

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The guy runs an air raid, fast paced offense. His practices are engineered around that and the reps per minute required to make it pop. His defenses are inherently being worked under the same conditions, and yet they'll have what, 2 offenses on the schedule in 2019 that match up with that style? Grinch has a defense full of pussies and he knows it, and he's said as much in various circles. They practice soft and he didn't make much of a dent in changing that in the spring, and when things did progress, suddenly a bunch of defenders had to sit out with claimed dings and nicks that further exacerbated the problem.

If they're really only taking 3 LBs in a 2 year cycle, it's almost comical. But, yeah, he's made the playoffs twice and has produced two Heisman winners and he's a genius and all of that. I am interested in witnessing how that program changes or maintains over the next 5 years. 

They can't beat you if they can't outscore you.

- Kilff Kingsbury, Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals (probably)

Edited by Vertigo

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Riley tweeted out the eyes again last night, so they have 3 silent right now.  

I think they have five, per TFB. The May 23rd one is Seth McGowan, no idea who the others are as I haven't really been following OU recruiting closely 

We now have five sets of eyes that are unaccounted for. So, I thought this would be a good time to account for them and discuss what we can.

***First set of eyes were on March 28th. Who these eyes depend on who you ask. There are some people that believe these eyes are for the same player as the eyes posted on April 13th (the second set of unaccounted eyes).

We do not believe that to be the case. We believe these eyes were for another player.

First of all, Riley has yet to post two sets of eyes for the same player. Recall last year when he posted the eyes for Marcus Stripling very early in the process. Then, it seemed for a while Stripling was headed elsewhere. Once Stripling did finally commit to OU, Riley did not tweet a second set of eyes.

Secondly, we received that information from a source close to the player. We will have to leave the details of this discussion for closer to signing day. But the bottom line is, we aren’t convinced that these first eyes are the same as the second set of unaccounted eyes.

***Second set of unaccounted eyes were as mentioned above tweeted on April 13th. We believe this was for a defensive player who will announce a decision this summer.

***Third set of unaccounted eyes were on May 23rd. This was for a 2020 offensive player who will also announce this summer. Most of you guessed who this was.

***Fourth set of unaccounted eyes were also on May 23rd. This was also for an offensive player who we believe will announce sometime in the middle of the summer. This is not a regional player.

***The fifth set of unaccounted eyes were posted by Riley on May 25th. This one was a bit tricky. We are confident it is a 2020 offensive player that is a big-time guy. While we expected him, the timing of the eyes was a bit of a surprise as the recruit has some visits he is expected to take, thus the public announcement will still be a bit down the road.

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

***Second set of unaccounted eyes were as mentioned above tweeted on April 13th. We believe this was for a defensive player who will announce a decision this summer.

Was this when they had the spring game?  This could be Washington.  Although if it was you have to think he'd have already been Fong'd since he's always on top of OU picks.

4 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

I wonder who the most recent one is

Whenever I read their brainaics stuff, it seems like they're always having non-Texas/Oklahoma recruits I've never heard of visiting, so I quit paying attention. No idea. 

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who are they taking at QB this class?  I see only 5 offers out and the only one uncommitted is Chandler Morris.

'Focus was on '20 Bryce Young and trying to shake him loose from USC, that doesn't seem likely now.  Riley end up taking a juco or pluck some AAC/CUSA kid late for depth. No one for '20 is on our radar at this point, we're all in on our '21 Brock Brock Bandagriff

• Fuck You 3

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who are they taking at QB this class?  I see only 5 offers out and the only one uncommitted is Chandler Morris.

Don't you understand that Jimbo specializes in finding diamonds in the rough?? Once he finds what he wants, he gets it. That's what 75 mil gets, you tsip t-shirt fan!!

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Don't you understand that Jimbo specializes in finding diamonds in the rough?? Once he finds what he wants, he gets it. That's what 75 mil gets, you tsip t-shirt fan!!

I don't think you're in the thread you think you're in

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

In-state wr I've never heard of just committed to OU. Was offered three days ago. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Darby-46037855/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8368984/5c008fca2352491628ba3417

That's weird.

They should be getting McGowan in 10 minutes, too.

Edited by texifornia

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's weird.

They should be getting McGowan in 10 minutes, too.

Wonder if this was the guy Drumm was pumping up as the surprise commit that is and will be highly ranked? I thought he was talking about Milton

2 hours ago, Fud said:

In-state wr I've never heard of just committed to OU. Was offered three days ago. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Darby-46037855/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8368984/5c008fca2352491628ba3417

Faster shuttle than Mookie Cooper per 247 stats

Brian Darby stats...    (*Verified Results)

FORTY    4.74*  SECONDS          02/25/18

SHUTTLE    4.26*   SECONDS.     02/25/18

VERTICAL    30.70*  INCHES.       02/25/18

WEIGHT   192.0 LBS. (unverified)

HEIGHT    511.5"  ( unverified)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mookie Cooper stats...    All Verified Results

FORTY   4.49  THE OPENING REGIONAL 04/22/18

SHUTTLE 4.37 SECS OPENING REGIONAL 4/14/19

VERTICAL 35.70"  OPENING REGIONAL 04/14/19 

WEIGHT 193.0 LBS  OPENING REGIONAL 4/14/19

HEIGHT  58.5" OPENING REGIONAL 04/14/19