Game 18: Texas vs. Oklahoma, 7 PM, LHN

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Beating OU at home is one thing that Shaka has been consistently good at as Texas head coach. I do appreciate that.

the OU game his first year was the most electric atmosphere of his tenure thus far, and that's saying something with gang UNC game in the mix. 

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the OU game his first year was the most electric atmosphere of his tenure thus far, and that's saying something with gang UNC game in the mix. 

I was at that game, can confirm. One feature of our OU games the last few years is that we always tend to have an extended second-half run at home where they look completely lost and we take advantage and the crowd finally comes to life. We were working on one today (8-0), but they snuffed it out this time with no Trae Young to take stupid shots. Glad to see the men get it done in crunch time anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He does good work on the defensive boards and he's cut down on the mind-numbingly stupid BTA attempts. If he could just finish at the rim at decent clip, he'd be a consistently useful player.

He would do good work on the offensive boards as well if we didn't have him outside the arc for 90% of our offensive possessions. 

21 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Tough decision for me.  Local PBS station is carrying Lawrence of Arabia during the same time slot.  Lawrence of Arabia ... Shaka Shit Show.  Lawrence of Arabia ... Shaka Shit Show.

I think I'll watch LofA ... maybe they changed the ending since the last time I watched.

Well, I missed a good win. Have to wait until I watch a rerun to judge for myself whether Shaka had anything to do with it or if the stars simply aligned. Whichever ... Hook’em!

P.S. I made the correct call. LofA was the 3+ hour digitally restored version. Photography was spectacular. I imagine I’ll find sand around the TV and its stand ...

Fun game to watch, reading this thread after was a a definite chuckle maker. I don’t get the MM thing. I get he’s famous and rich but I don’t know I don’t get the minister of culture I think it’s kinda dumb. Let him have high visibility seats but in the huddle and a title and all of that?

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

He would do good work on the offensive boards as well if we didn't have him outside the arc for 90% of our offensive possessions. 

It's just bad luck that he happens to be caught out behind the arc whenever we shoot a 3. Even if he is the one jacking up the 3, it's still bad luck as he probably had no other choice (late in the shot clock, super-fantastic defense, etc.).

Just bad luck, dude. Bad luck all around.

• Machinator changed the title to Game 18: Texas vs. Oklahoma, 7 PM, LHN