Ramen

Hank_Hill

I was taken there by an Asian friend who is local to Houston and he loved it also. The place was packed and apparently is most of the time. For comparison purposes, i recently ate at a Michelin starred ramen joint in Tokyo, so I’m not completely clueless on ramen. Not doubting there are better places, but I stand by my review that the food was really good, and obviously I’m not alone in that assessment.

11 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I will take your word for it despite it being packed with Asians and my Asian friend suggesting the place.

if you like it that's all that matters.  we still go every now and then but it'll be when someone else wants to meet there because it's convenient or other places are busy etc.  it's like the texas roadhouse of steakhouses. 

• 4 years later...

So ever since Santouka in Plano closed during the pandemic, there hasn't been a ramen place here in DFW that I thought was any good.  Nothing compared to the places in Cali that I used to frequent when I lived over there.  Tried a new place in the old k-town for lunch today.  Pretty damn impressed.  I just hope they can stick around as the food court was pretty dead and that market's days may be numbered with a new H-Mart opening up in that area in the future.

image.thumb.jpeg.3bfb20ebebe63eb684e6ba6de8ee5f3d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0f3348b7ced9e8c404c6117599956a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.00a7abd253d00dba8ed29f3e998a7c9b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, DFWTexEx said:

This may be helpful:

Guide to DFW Ramen

Seems like Ramin is the new poke.  Lucia sous chef Justin Holt has been doing ramen pop ups for the last couple of years.  He is going full time with a brick & mortar ramen and yakatori place in Bishop Arts:  Salaryman.  Should be open soon.

Well fuck me, had no idea that the guy who opened Salaryman was diagnosed with leukemia and they were forced to shutter the restaurant.

https://www.salarymanoakcliff.com/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-heal-justin-holt?fbclid=IwAR1-6jdadl_y8mi21_C3kgtjzA6CHMhZk7iy5320zqF7LgS4a9joCmlBNks