Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

49 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

As the years pass the hate will turn into love. One can't help but love a guy that gets what he has accomplished done. A screw everyone Super Bowl appearance with a new team showing everyone it was not Belichick goes a long way in that direction. At this point one can't help and look at the guy and think, hey you get a Get Out Jail Free card and lets all celebrate what we have just seen happen.

Edited by DanTheHorn

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

As the years pass the hate will turn into love. One can't help but love a guy that gets what he has accomplished done. A screw everyone Super Bowl appearance with a new team showing everyone it was not Belichick goes a long way in that direction. At this point one can't help and look at the guy and think, hey you get a Get Out Jail Free card and lets all celebrate what we have just seen happen.

Maybe?  I'm obviously not a fan, it's just not entertaining for me any more to watch him, ready for the new guard.  I guess I'm in the minority, there are a lot more Brady cocksuckers on this thread than I thought.  Jordan did do a better job maintaining his public persona ("Republicans buy shoes too") and I wonder how he would be in today's woke NBA where it's harder to stand aside from the social justice stuff.

Brady is pathological as someone said you can't get to that level of success without being both incredibly gifted AND competitive.  I'll also add there's an element of luck too.  I'm just surprised that for someone who cares about winning so much, and about his appearance (tweet above) that he wouldn't also want to win the court of public opinion by not being an asshole.  He could have had so much goodwill and positioned himself as underdog, which would have been easy to do by just not saying shit about the Pats and playing up how hard his new situation is (new team, new conf, etc etc).  I'm not a pats fan btw.

An exaggeration to say EVERYONE is rooting for KC...but I'd be shocked if it weren't a solid majority...I bet ESPN or someone is tracking that

• Fuck You 4

18 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Maybe?  I'm obviously not a fan, it's just not entertaining for me any more to watch him, ready for the new guard.  I guess I'm in the minority, there are a lot more Brady cocksuckers on this thread than I thought.  Jordan did do a better job maintaining his public persona ("Republicans buy shoes too") and I wonder how he would be in today's woke NBA where it's harder to stand aside from the social justice stuff.

Brady is pathological as someone said you can't get to that level of success without being both incredibly gifted AND competitive.  I'll also add there's an element of luck too.  I'm just surprised that for someone who cares about winning so much, and about his appearance (tweet above) that he wouldn't also want to win the court of public opinion by not being an asshole.  He could have had so much goodwill and positioned himself as underdog, which would have been easy to do by just not saying shit about the Pats and playing up how hard his new situation is (new team, new conf, etc etc).  I'm not a pats fan btw.

An exaggeration to say EVERYONE is rooting for KC...but I'd be shocked if it weren't a solid majority...I bet ESPN or someone is tracking that

Hell, I am rooting for KC that is why I said Super Bowl appearance. Still I was sitting in front of a TV for The Catch. In time you will realize what you were lucky to witness even if you hated it at the time. That is all I am saying, you can celebrate and love it now but even if you don't you will love him and celebrate him later when everyone around you will only know about what happened through highlights.

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

Brady has been universally loved by all his teammates because he's reserved, genuine, authentic and never thinks he's better than anyone else in the locker room.  Because it's all about winning for him.  And winning involves a team.  And teams aren't built upon misguided egos, selfishness and other shit.

If you hate Brady because he's won so much then so be it.  But if you hate Brady because of how he carries himself in and out of the locker room then you're hopeless and probably someone who enjoys kicking the shit out of their dog every evening. 

Great read below:

This is a story about one of the oldest active players in the history of the NFL, a sure-fire future Hall of Famer, and how he gets along with teammates who are many years younger and haven't yet proven themselves.

So, close your eyes. Imagine you're Tom Brady.  

Almost everybody in the U.S. knows who you are. You've been the star quarterback for the New England Patriots for 19 years. You've won five Super Bowls, and been the NFL's most valuable player three times. By the way, your wife is a supermodel.

Now, imagine you're a brand-new player on the Patriots. You were drafted in a late round maybe, or signed after a tryout. You were in grade school when Brady won his first Super Bowl. You walk into the locker room ready for your first practice, and you feel a tap on your shoulder. You spin around and hear four words:

"Hi. I'm Tom Brady."

That's what Brady does, and what he says, every time a new player joins the team.

It doesn't matter who the new guy is. It doesn't matter if he's a no-name struggling to make the roster or a big free agent signing or a trade. The details come in a fascinating report, by Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post.

"I'm like, 'I know who you are,'" one such brand-new Patriots player, Phillip Dorsett, recalled for Kilgore, laughing as he told the story. "You don't have to introduce yourself."

Of course, that's the truth -- and that means there must be a reason for Brady to make sure that he introduces himself, acts friendly, and makes sure that for at least a moment at the start, he's on the same level with every new player on the team.

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/tom-brady-says-same-4-words-to-every-new-player-on-new-england-patriots-its-pure-genius.html

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Brady was beloved as the loveable 6th round underdog that won 3 Super Bowls in his first 4 years. Then Spygate happened, so everyone got to say, "See, they only win by cheating." Then they made a point of arrogantly destroying teams during the 16-0 season but couldn't finish, so everyone got to laugh at the school bullies. Then he married a supermodel and started doing some of the things that insanely rich people tend to do, which is frowned upon by your typical NFL fan. Then Deflategate happened, "proving" everyone right who thought he was an overrated system quarterback on a cheating franchise. Then he won 3 more god damn Super Bowls, ending the discussion, and leaving everyone with only petty jealousy and hate.  He could have put out a billion dorky State Farm commercials, and it wouldn't have helped.

Criticizing him for 1) not wasting his time putting out a fake public persona like MJ and 2) being a little bent about the coach that he had a HUGE hand in making "The Best Coach in Football History" essentially telling him to get lost when he's still a Top 10 NFL QB is a bit odd.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Everyone outside of Tampa will be pulling for KC.  So odd that Brady is such a bitch, his GOATness is Jordanesque but he could be such a bigger draw and make even more money if he weren't such a bitch.  I guess at that level he has fuck you money either way so it doesn't matter but you'd think that with that ego he'd care about his perception.  Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

I think Brady winning his 7th with a new team and first year in the NFC would be a lot cooler story for a neutral observer. I really am not rooting for anything other than a good game but I'd probably lean Tampa if you made me choose. I think KC will win, though. I am not sure how you slow them down enough for 60min. Brady absolutely can not throw 3 picks and his receivers drop a shit ton of balls and expect to win against Mahomes.

Oh and Brady is infinitely a more likable person than that douche Rodgers if we are talking about personalities. Who will absolutely trash his teammates and coaches in public. Nothing is ever his fault. Ever. He's the same smug, entitled douchebag at Cal when he whined that Texas got the nod over them for the Rose Bowl. Yet, he is revered as the "true goat" and is beloved by so many and gets every excuse you can think of made for him. There's no telling how he is behind the scenes that we don't see. I would rather play with Brady any day over Rodgers for many reasons. He cares more about himself than he does winning. He wants those personal, regular season stats.

I never ever wrapped my head around people saying Rodgers is really the best lmao. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/28/2019 at 12:12 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from their Combines: 60 - Mahomes 59 - Webb 56 - Kizer 55 - Trubisky, Evans 53 - Peterman, Kaaya 49 - Watson

Brady earlier this week:

D-FF9iwX4AAws7s.jpg

Yeah, Brady will be just fine this season. 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nfl-tom-brady-takes-shot-at-max-kellerman

I hadn't seen this, but I am gonna comment on it anyway.

Back on the Shag I was arguing with Chris Applewhite and the usual dicks that run everyone off the football board about this very topic. I mentioned that Tom Brady had a much stronger arm than anyone thought based on a few particular throws and his ball never fell off in cold weather like Manning's did. These clowns were laughing and talking shit for pages, talking about his arm is weak, and he would be exposed if he went somewhere else. As usual I get the last laugh. Brady is a fucking monster. First year out of the gate and he already has a perennial dumpster fire like Tampa in the Super Bowl. GOAT.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Brady has been universally loved by all his teammates because he's reserved, genuine, authentic and never thinks he's better than anyone else in the locker room.  Because it's all about winning for him.  And winning involves a team.  And teams aren't built upon misguided egos, selfishness and other shit.

If you hate Brady because he's won so much then so be it.  But if you hate Brady because of how he carries himself in and out of the locker room then you're hopeless and probably someone who enjoys kicking the shit out of their dog every evening. 

Great read below:

This is a story about one of the oldest active players in the history of the NFL, a sure-fire future Hall of Famer, and how he gets along with teammates who are many years younger and haven't yet proven themselves.

So, close your eyes. Imagine you're Tom Brady.  

Almost everybody in the U.S. knows who you are. You've been the star quarterback for the New England Patriots for 19 years. You've won five Super Bowls, and been the NFL's most valuable player three times. By the way, your wife is a supermodel.

Now, imagine you're a brand-new player on the Patriots. You were drafted in a late round maybe, or signed after a tryout. You were in grade school when Brady won his first Super Bowl. You walk into the locker room ready for your first practice, and you feel a tap on your shoulder. You spin around and hear four words:

"Hi. I'm Tom Brady."

That's what Brady does, and what he says, every time a new player joins the team.

It doesn't matter who the new guy is. It doesn't matter if he's a no-name struggling to make the roster or a big free agent signing or a trade. The details come in a fascinating report, by Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post.

"I'm like, 'I know who you are,'" one such brand-new Patriots player, Phillip Dorsett, recalled for Kilgore, laughing as he told the story. "You don't have to introduce yourself."

Of course, that's the truth -- and that means there must be a reason for Brady to make sure that he introduces himself, acts friendly, and makes sure that for at least a moment at the start, he's on the same level with every new player on the team.

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/tom-brady-says-same-4-words-to-every-new-player-on-new-england-patriots-its-pure-genius.html

small addendum: he only cares about winning and being named Patriot of the Week

I like the "piss-off factor" for Tom Brady and how he drives some fans nuts.  His record and achievements speak for themselves.

That arm velocity thingy though a few posts up is insanely ridiculous.  Why wasn't Brady's combine velocity shared?  What is Mahomes' in game velocity?  Might be valid, however, what with the way Tommay was clanging the ball off of his receivers' skillets.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

I like the "piss-off factor" for Tom Brady and how he drives some fans nuts.  His record and achievements speak for themselves.

That arm velocity thingy though a few posts up is insanely ridiculous.  Why wasn't Brady's combine velocity shared?  What is Mahomes' in game velocity?

I’m surprised that Mahomes is only 60mph.  I think guys like kaep and elway have beaten that

18 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Everyone outside of Tampa will be pulling for KC.  So odd that Brady is such a bitch, his GOATness is Jordanesque but he could be such a bigger draw and make even more money if he weren't such a bitch.  I guess at that level he has fuck you money either way so it doesn't matter but you'd think that with that ego he'd care about his perception.  Jordan = respected, feared, and loved.  Brady = respected, feared, and hated

I'll be rooting for Tampa Bay because they're NFC and I've gotta always root for my conference unless it's Washington or the Eagles.  That way if the Cowboys are on the bubble next year they might win the eye ball test and the committee may......oops, nevermind.  I almost forgot this is the NFL, and it doesn't have a ridiculous and arbitrary way of deciding their post season based on conjecture and guesses.

I guess I'm just rooting for Tampa because I like Brady and Tampa Bay better than Kansas City.

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Back on the Shag I was arguing with Chris Applewhite and the usual dicks that run everyone off the football board about this very topic. I mentioned that Tom Brady had a much stronger arm than anyone thought based on a few particular throws and his ball never fell off in cold weather like Manning's did. These clowns were laughing and talking shit for pages, talking about his arm is weak, and he would be exposed if he went somewhere else. As usual I get the last laugh. Brady is a fucking monster. First year out of the gate and he already has a perennial dumpster fire like Tampa in the Super Bowl. GOAT.

Best adverse weather thrower in NFL history, and I'm not sure it's particularly close. His spiral--and thus his consistency and accuracy--have loosened up in his old age, and he throws a few lame ducks per game that he never used to. But, with a clean pocket to allow for his trademark tall, minimalist, no wasted motion, hips firing technique, he can still dial it in.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That arm velocity thingy though a few posts up is insanely ridiculous.  Why wasn't Brady's combine velocity shared?  What is Mahomes' in game velocity?  Might be valid, however, what with the way Tommay was clanging the ball off of his receivers' skillets.

Did they even do velocity checks when Tom went to the combine? lol

I "hated" Brady 10 years ago because I was tired of the Pats winning everything and I hated Bill Belichick for similar reasons(I'm a Browns fan).

Now I don't understand how you can hate on the guy.  He's living the dream, does nothing but win wherever he goes.  He is an unapologetic family man, which relates to me with my 4 kids now (versus younger college aged me).  He's married to a super model.  

I'm rooting for him and TB, as are many folks.  We all know this league belongs to the likes of Mahomes for the next decade.  To see TB12 win another superbowl is witnessing history.  Enjoy it, rather than hate on it.  

The comparison to MJ is stupid.  I hated MJ growing up, because he was too good (I was a Cavs fan) and kept winning everything.  But in real life he seems like the true asshole, not Tom Brady.  Who would I rather meet and hang out with, TB12 or MJ? I can guarantee it would be a more enjoyable time with TB for 99% of the population.  Even that last dance documentary made me (and many others) dislike MJ even more.  I don't doubt MJ's greatness, but he's a prick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

...........As usual I get the last laugh...................

No, my friend, it I who has to laugh, because I win again. I was talking up Brady's velocity 35 years ago.

Edited by Steel Shank

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

141475848_3953601751344602_1548784684037

cowboys not on there.  FTW.

put me in the camp that doesn't think brady's had surgery.  when you diet and exercise consistently for a long period of time your face goes like the rest of your body and gets thinner.  apparently most of you have no idea what that looks like though you bunch of fatsos.

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This story, especially the bolded part = usernamechecksout

Got to give Brady all the credit in the world. He’s been given a charmed life in some ways. Incredible talent, good looks, super model wife who probably makes more money than he does, 6 Super Bowls, I mean he’s got it all. At some point you just get jealous. It’s like the person that just won a billion dollar lottery. WOW. But there’s also the fact that if Brady wins this game and gets 7 rings it’s another first we’ve experienced in life and how cool will that be? So, kudos to him. 

But the other thing is - Jerry Jones with all his “football genius”, why hasn’t he pulled all those football things together like Tampa Bay that basically turned it around in one year? 25 years is a long time for his “Super brilliance” to not even sniff a Super Bowl again. 

54 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Got to give Brady all the credit in the world. He’s been given a charmed life in some ways. Incredible talent, good looks, super model wife who probably makes more money than he does, 6 Super Bowls, I mean he’s got it all. At some point you just get jealous. It’s like the person that just won a billion dollar lottery. WOW. But there’s also the fact that if Brady wins this game and gets 7 rings it’s another first we’ve experienced in life and how cool will that be? So, kudos to him. 

But the other thing is - Jerry Jones with all his “football genius”, why hasn’t he pulled all those football things together like Tampa Bay that basically turned it around in one year? 25 years is a long time for his “Super brilliance” to not even sniff a Super Bowl again. 

I agree on you for Jerry but it has been more than one year for Tampa. They had the skill positions in place. They just needed a guy who didn't throw 30 picks a year in Winston. Even with him, they were 7-9. Obviously not good but it isn't Jaguars type bad.

But the NFL has shown you can turn it around fast with the right moves. Eagles went from last to Super Bowl winner in one year. Hell even Dallas themselves went from last to 13-3 in one year. Their front office just fucking sucks in building a winner. Every blue moon, they rise up and are a threat but they never build on it. Which is why Dallas has only been to the playoffs back to back years one single time in my adult life (2006-2007). The time before that was I believe 98-99. Jerry took the sports car for a joyride in the early 90s. A car someone else put together. Had a lot of fun. Since he took control, he has ran it into a ditch and has never got out of it. It's sad to see a franchise like the Niners. They built a winner in the early 2010s. Went to rock bottom. And built another winner while Dallas is still trying to figure it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I never understood hating Brady (though I totally get hating the Patriots). All he does is win and be freakishly nice to people. Wasn't there some story about walking into the wrong house his first week in Tampa Bay and then hanging out with the owners? People complain about players holding out, being divas, etc. Brady is the anti-diva. He's like the lead in some cheesy after school movie about a nerdy guy who wakes up and realizes he the greatest QB of all time and married to a supermodel.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:52 AM, aggie08 said:

Best adverse weather thrower in NFL history, and I'm not sure it's particularly close. His spiral--and thus his consistency and accuracy--have loosened up in his old age, and he throws a few lame ducks per game that he never used to. But, with a clean pocket to allow for his trademark tall, minimalist, no wasted motion, hips firing technique, he can still dial it in.

Correct. How you could watch this guy for20 years and not come to this conclusion is beyond me. I have hated on them constantly looking for an edge, both legal and illegal, but you still have to go out there and execute at a high level.

• 2 weeks later...