Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

I'm probably the biggest Brady homer on this board but he said in his Monday call on WEEI this morning that he was unaware of the flag.  At least he was an honest.   

Which makes sense.  It was the far right side of the KC defensive line and it's not like the guy jumped.  The NE left tackle prob didn't even know.

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

The Patriots system is a reason for Brady's success, no doubt.  But the primary / main reason?   Not so much.   Just go to those plays Brady made on the final drive, including throws to convert three 3rd and 10s.   In the absolute most pressurized situation, in a hostile atmosphere, with the season on the line when it's nut-cutting time, Brady made plays, and always has made these plays.  Poise, execution and clutch play like we've never seen has very little to do with the Patriots system. 

Easy there, he made those conversions against the #31 ranked defense in the league.  That wasn't nut-cutting time that was teams have been doing this all year against the Chiefs defense time.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Easy there, he made those conversions against the #31 ranked defense in the league.  That wasn't nut-cutting time that was teams have been doing this all year against the Chiefs defense time.

Jesus he was making a point using the most recent example, and going 3 for 3 on 3rd and 10 against any NFL defense is impressive.  But it isn't like this was the first time Brady has done Brady things.  

Or if you really want to back up your ridiculous statement  find an example of a team converting 3 3rd and 10s or longer against the Chiefs in succession this year on a given drive with the game on the line....since it's been happening all year.

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This. His o-line has never really been particularly dominant. But he knows what defense you're in pre-snap, and he's going to get the ball out quickly and on target. Blitz at your own peril. Don't blitz, and all of the sudden he's taking deeper shots with no pressure. 3 quarters of beating your man, but barely getting a finger on Brady before he throws has to take a toll on a defense and make them a half a step slower in the 4th.

The blueprint to beating Brady has always been simple: don't play zone and pressure him without blitzing. But how many teams have the personnel for that?

I dunno but the Chiefs obviously didn't rushing 4 the entire 2nd half.  Might as well have dropped back 11

30 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Yeah, not a great defense for the season but good enough to completely shut down Andrew Luck and that Indy offense the week before (along with KC's, the hottest offense in the league at the time).  The OT plays from yesterday mentioned above were well defended.  Just better execution by Brady.  As poor as his pick in the end zone was all of his throws in OT were pretty much money.   And he's done the latter quite often with the game on the line - against both crap defenses and elite ones. 

37 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep. Dude is a machine. 41 and killing it. People will still throw out Montana (for good reason), but Brady is the 🐐

The only memories I have of Montana is with the Chiefs. All I know is all the highlights. Can someone explain to me why there are still so many who will defer to Montana as the best in front of Brady? Genuine question. Highlights don't do a player justice for their career.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The only memories I have of Montana is with the Chiefs. All I know is all the highlights. Can someone explain to me why there are still so many who will defer to Montana as the best in front of Brady? Genuine question. Highlights don't do a player justice for their career.

I think it has to do with him not losing a super bowl and being really great at game ending drives.  That being said I watched him play in his prime and he is number 2 to Brady at this point.  Montana was a great QB.  

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I vaguely remember him with the 49ers, but I'm too young to really remember his career, so I go by stats and what others say. So for my life Brady is the 🐐. I don't know why anyone thinks Montana is better than Brady, honestly. I mean, Brady has been to, what, 13 AFC championship games or something?

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t think we will ever see anyone that good pre-snap ever. 

I concur. Between Belichick and Brady, we'll never see domination like that ever again. It's like Michael Phelps. Those two and what they've accomplished is simply extraordinary. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Just very accurate at basically every throw, great at avoiding the rush, could run for 1st downs when he needed to and very clutch. Also prob wins 3 Super Bowls in a row if he doesn't get that knee bad injury against the Giants in the 91 nfccg which sort of ended his career except for those last two years with the Chiefs. Having said that, he did benefit from having very strong ol's, the atg wr to throw to and very strong defenses. So ya I definitely had Montana ahead of Brady up till Brady won his 5th and kept playing at all pro level into his late 30's.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because what Brady has been doing at the QB position is what Joe was doing 30 plus years ago and the same can be said for his team/organization. the 80's 49ers were what every organization wanted to be like. I would say Brady and the Pat's have taken it too another level. Montana/Elway are a lot like Brady/Rodgers.  Many people say/think Elway had the most talent kinda like Rodgers today but Montana had IT and was surrounded by a great coach/organization.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

4-0 in Super Bowls.

Zero interceptions.  11 Touchdowns.

Plus he had some ridiculous margin of victory number.

And the clutch game winning drives in the playoffs and the SB vs. Cincinatti.

Until Brady, JM was the best clutch QB (imho).

Now it's clearly Brady (again imho).

• Like 1

The Patriots dominance is an even bigger achievement since it is happening in the salary cap era. Those old Cowboy and Steeler teams could and did stockpile talent. 
I argue its not impressive in this era...most of the afc teams are ran horribly
And if you want to point out salary cap then it needs to be a minus that brady takes less $$$

Great for team and stand up move...but for argument of greatness it gives his team a huge advantage over others

The Patriots system is a reason for Brady's success, no doubt.  But the primary / main reason?   Not so much.   Just go to those plays Brady made on the final drive, including throws to convert three 3rd and 10s.   In the absolute most pressurized situation, in a hostile atmosphere, with the season on the line when it's nut-cutting time, Brady made plays, and always has made these plays.  Poise, execution and clutch play like we've never seen has very little to do with the Patriots system. 
Have you seen the chiefs defense this year...lots of credit given for hitting wide open receivers

Just now, Bone3421 said:
On 1/21/2019 at 10:52 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Have you seen the chiefs defense this year...lots of credit given for hitting wide open receivers

Dude, that's just silly. Just about every clutch throw he made was perfect and into a tight window. That's timing, accuracy, pre-snap/post-snap reads, etc... 

11 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
On 1/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, HoustonFrog said:
He’s the best ever by a long shot. What he has done with the cast he plays with is remarkable.

Give any other QB a WR set of Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give any top 5 qb bill and see how they do

so you don't think Brady is the best qb ever ?

Edited by smwhorn

Dude, that's just silly. Just about every clutch throw he made was perfect and into a tight window. That's timing, accuracy, pre-snap/post-snap reads, etc... 
Meh...more like horrible defense by horrible defensive team

Brady is great...yall dont need to hyperbolize(???) everything...sometimes its just the other team sucking (falcons,colts,jets,etc...)

22 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Very accurate and knew Walsh's offense. That offense was revolutionary back then. Walsh relied on timing between QB and receivers more than anyone before. His patterns were developed knowing that a QB was going to drop a specific numbers of steps and then throw to a specific part of the field for many of his plays. Walsh also figure out that a four yard out was better than a three yard run but you had to hit the receiver and Montana had accuracy to do it. I may be wrong but I also think Walsh was first to fake a handoff and then throw the four yard out to the same back. Again timing.  In addition Montana never lost a Super Bowl and lead one of the greatest Super Bowl winning drives ever. I would put Brady ahead based on nine SB's versus four.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
On 1/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, Wally Pryor said:

You and I have a different definition of wide open. I'd only categorize one of the 3rd down completions in the the 4th quarter and overtime as "wide open".  The rest needed to be near-perfect.

That's the thing: Brady was pretty mediocre all game.  And that goal-line pick was awful.  Had Kansas City lined up onside, this would have gone down as one of Brady's worst playoff games ever, and certainly his worst in years.  Against a pretty poor defense.  If not for New England's first half defensive excellence, this one could have gotten ugly.  But, like dozens of teams before, KC couldn't quite put the final nail in the coffin.  Brady takes advantage of almost every opportunity when it matters the most.  And he'll make the 4 or 5 plays that determine most playoff games time and time again.  Like clockwork.

Edited by aggie08

You and I have a different definition of wide open. I'd only categorize one of the 3rd down completions in the the 4th quarter and overtime as "wide open".  The rest needed to be near-perfect.
That's the thing: Brady was pretty mediocre all game.  And that goal-line pick was awful.  Had Kansas City lined up onside, this would have gone down as one of Brady's worst playoff games ever, and certainly his worst in years.  Against a pretty poor defense.  If not for New England's first half defensive excellence, this one could have gotten ugly.  But, like dozens of teams before, KC couldn't quite put the final nail in the coffin.  Brady takes advantage of almost every opportunity when it matters the most.  And he'll make the 4 or 5 plays that determine most playoff games time and time again.  Like clockwork.

In the nfl when the defender is 2 yards away thats wide open...and you pretty much said what im saying...he was mediocre and doesnt need the hyberole when teams blow it. Its not always how great him and bill are its the shakiness of others

I dont think its a landslide...and cant compare era's
Ill never get to see him get mauled and abused like qb's in 70's to early 90's while defenders could clobber wr's over the middle

All of the other qbs that have played over the last 17 years have all played by the same rules as Brady.  13/17 AFC championship games and 9 Super Bowls in 17 years.  Ends the discussion as far as I'm concerned.

In addition Montana never lost a Super Bowl and lead one of the greatest Super Bowl winning drives ever. I would put Brady ahead based on nine SB's versus four.

Im in the camp(maybe alone) that the 9 vs 4 isnt that big of a factor in bradys favor.
Like mentioned earlier i could argue the salary cap made it easier to get to SB's rather than harder like others believe.
With salary cap you have to be smart true but when only 4 teams in your conference run a decent organization the salary cap keeps rest from throwing $$$ at the problem. Plus with a Great coach and Great QB who takes 10million a year less than market that puts you in a very strong position in salary cap era

All of the other qbs that have played over the last 17 years have all played by the same rules as Brady.  13/17 AFC championship games and 9 Super Bowls in 17 years.  Ends the discussion as far as I'm concerned.
So its all brady?
Coach nothing to contribute?
Being on one of the smartly ran teams instead of the 12 or so shitty ran ones in the afc?
Saving team 10 million a year in salary during salary cap era?

None of that matters...brady would be goat with rex ryan coaching him in Tennessee???

So its all brady?
Coach nothing to contribute?
Being on one of the smartly ran teams instead of the 12 or so shitty ran ones in the afc?
Saving team 10 million a year in salary during salary cap era?

None of that matters...brady would be goat with rex ryan coaching him in Tennessee???

Dude.

Everyone acknowledges that coaching matters.  Brady doesn't reach the heights he has without BB.  No question.  He's the best gameplan and situational coach that the sport has ever seen. But I'd argue BB would have never achieved what he has without Brady, even if he had another all-time great behind center.  Brady is special in both elite play when it matters the most and longevity, and he's the PERFECT blend of selflessness, work ethic, drive, intelligence, leadership and skill set to propel BB and New England's team-first culture.  There's a hell of of lot more to what makes Brady great than just talent.  

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2

Dude.
Everyone acknowledges that coaching matters.  Brady doesn't reach the heights he has without BB.  No question.  But I'd argue BB would have never achieved what he has without Brady, even if he had another all-time great behind center.  Brady is special in both elite play when it matters the most and longevity, and he's the PERFECT blend of selflessness, work ethic, drive, intelligence, leadership and skill set to propel BB and New England's team-first culture. 
I never said brady wasnt great...i was calling people out on their hyperbole and not looking at whole picture
Im sure in another universe its bill and manning(eli) winning 6...yeah i said it lol

On 1/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep. Dude is a machine. 41 and killing it. People will still throw out Montana (for good reason), but Brady is the 🐐

Joe M was always in my top 2 all time then Brady comes around and I don't even have Joe on the NFL Mt Rushmore.  And I hate NE and their fans.  But if you're objective at all there's no way Tom isn't the GOAT.  The windows were tiny towards the end of that KC game and he kept hitting them - at 41 years old, JFC.  Of course, he got lucky on that offsides, but everyone great has had some luck on their way to success.  What did he make of that extra chance?  Exactly.  

Pains me as someone who lived in KC and knows many of their fans but damn...you could see this one coming from a mile away.  

• Like 1

Meh...more like horrible defense by horrible defensive team

Brady is great...yall dont need to hyperbolize(???) everything...sometimes its just the other team sucking (falcons,colts,jets,etc...)
Yet Andrew Luck, who so many say is pretty damn good, looked like a high school qb against the Chiefs.

And no, these WRs we're not wide open all the time. Quit making stuff up to demean this performance to be that guy.

How is a discussion troll...just because you dont like it?

We all say football is biggest team sport but you say brady is best hands down despite the help he receives from organization
Biggest team sport yet if your QB isn't good, your team will suck. QB is the most important position in sports. You are talking in circles.

Look at all the different personnel Brady has did this with over almost 2 decades of this run. Yeah, he's pretty damn great. Why couldn't Peyton Manning do this?? He had every opportunity and played in the same conference in a shit ass division like Brady.

Yet Andrew Luck, who so many say is pretty damn good, looked like a high school qb against the Chiefs.

And no, these WRs we're not wide open all the time. Quit making stuff up to demean this performance to be that guy.
They did play well let game...joked around with buddy that they brought in ravens d after they got knocked out

Not demeaning anything...i didnt see a great brady performance last game
He did what he needed to do against a weak d that was weak all year

He also threw 2 ints and a 3rd was saved by ford

Biggest team sport yet if your QB isn't good, your team will suck. QB is the most important position in sports. You are talking in circles.

Look at all the different personnel Brady has did this with over almost 2 decades of this run. Yeah, he's pretty damn great. Why couldn't Peyton Manning do this?? He had every opportunity and played in the same conference in a shit ass division like Brady.
Thats my point vic manning brady and big ben represent afc for 20 years with flaccos 1 year....show me were i said brady wasnt great

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

They did play well let game...joked around with buddy that they brought in ravens d after they got knocked out

Not demeaning anything...i didnt see a great brady performance last game
He did what he needed to do against a weak d that was weak all year

He also threw 2 ints and a 3rd was saved by ford

now you're just arguing to be a dick.  Troll.

2 of his 3 interceptions were on tipped balls that were right in the hands of his receivers you idiot.  He's had one hall of famer on the offensive side of the ball in 17 years.  you're really not stupid enough to believe your bullshit posts so you have to be a troll.

Go away troll.

2 of his 3 interceptions were on tipped balls that were right in the hands of his receivers you idiot.  He's had one hall of famer on the offensive side of the ball in 17 years.  you're really not stupid enough to believe your bullshit posts so you have to be a troll.
Go away troll.
Name calling...the sure sign of losing/not able to comprehend or have reasonable conversation

Go away troll.
What insane bullshit do you not agree with?
That brady is in a great organization with a great coach?
That those factors plus pitt,colts,denver and ravens being only other decently ran franchises?
Salary cap makes it easier rather than harder?

Those are my points i have mentioned

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Joe M was always in my top 2 all time then Brady comes around and I don't even have Joe on the NFL Mt Rushmore.  And I hate NE and their fans.  But if you're objective at all there's no way Tom isn't the GOAT.  The windows were tiny towards the end of that KC game and he kept hitting them - at 41 years old, JFC.  Of course, he got lucky on that offsides, but everyone great has had some luck on their way to success.  What did he make of that extra chance?  Exactly.  

Pains me as someone who lived in KC and knows many of their fans but damn...you could see this one coming from a mile away.  

If there's one thing I can say about Brady it's that he's clutch. Even after 3 INT's he still came back and threw an absolute dart to Edelman. Unbelievable. I'm not even a Pats fan, but he's easily #1, and then go from there. I've never in my life seen such domination other than Michael Phelps. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If there's one thing I can say about Brady it's that he's clutch. Even after 3 INT's he still came back and threw an absolute dart to Edelman. Unbelievable. I'm not even a Pats fan, but he's easily #1, and then go from there. I've never in my life seen such domination other than Michael Phelps. 

Jordan was that big in those moments.  But yeah, TB12 is on the short list.  

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

What insane bullshit do you not agree with?
That brady is in a great organization with a great coach?
That those factors plus pitt,colts,denver and ravens being only other decently ran franchises?
Salary cap makes it easier rather than harder?

Those are my points i have mentioned

Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, Kelly, Marino, Montana, Rothliesberger, Manning, Manning, Favre, etc all had great organizations with great coaches.  The MOST any of them went to the Super Bowl was 4 times.  

Pitt/Den/Ind/Bal were all well run teams with great personnel.  None went to the AFC Champ game 13/17 years or to the Super Bowl 9 times in 17 years.

Every single one of the teams plays by the same salary cap rules as NE.  None of the other 31 teams come close to their appearances in the AFC Champ game or the Super Bowl  

So in actuality, these BS arguments you are making actually support the notion that TB is easily and unquestionably the greatest ever.  Montana's teams were stacked with hall of famers, as were the Broncos, Steelers, Cowboys, Bills.  Brady had Moss (for a few years only).  Plenty of other good players, but none that will be in the HOF except probably Gronk.

So your mentioned points don't help your argument, they hurt them.

Go away troll.  You really can't be so stupid as to think these points make it any less obvious that TB is the best ever.

Edited by smwhorn
  • Like 1