Ryan Adams "Exile on Bourbon St"

C-Man

pjimage-11-920x584.jpg

Ryan Adams is set to headline a tribute concert to the classic Rolling Stones album ‘Exile on Main St.’

The record will be covered in full by Adams, the event’s music director Don Was, and other “all-star” musicians at the event, titled Exile on Bourbon St.

As well as producing seven Rolling Stones albums, Don Was is known for producing and re-mixing the ‘Exile On Main St’ re-release from 2010.

He said of the event: “I’ve listened to all the multi-track tapes from the EXILE period and it’s not hyperbolic to say that this is probably the greatest rock ‘n roll ever recorded.

“I can’t wait to dig deep into these songs with The Mighty Ryan Adams and this incredible group of musicians.”

The concert will take place at the New Orleans Saenger Theatre on May 5.

Adams is no stranger to covers – in 2015 he released a complete cover album of Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’.

He has also covered tracks by The Rolling Stones multiple times, including ‘Dead Flowers’ and ‘Brown Sugar’.

Earlier this month, Adams revealed that 11 tracks and vocals for his new album have been completed.

He accompanied the info with the caption: “Records are funny creatures sometimes they wake you up like they can’t wait to just get born.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-adams-the-rolling-stones-exile-on-main-st-cover-tribute-concert-2275152

Edited by C-Man

16 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

They better fucking record this.

I guarantee you they will and there will be a vinyl and video. He's got fuckin' Don Was as the music director. You don't bring in that guy and not record it. I'm sure he'll also run sound at the show and do the mixing/mastering of the live album/DVD. Mark it down. 

Edited by Grandioso
  • Like 1

Damn, that's my wife's birthday weekend AND my son has a 2 day swim meet in San Antonio that weekend. Guess I'll have to wait for the double live album and blu ray.

And for a "close to home" joke...I'm looking out  my hotel window at the Saenger Theater as I type this.

• 3 weeks later...