Man Has Worlds Worst Case of Super Gonorrhoea

Doc Reeves

Sex tourism gone bad??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43571120

He had a regular partner in the UK, but picked up the superbug after a sexual encounter with a woman in south-east Asia.

Public Health England says it is the first time the infection cannot be cured with first choice antibiotics. 

Health officials are now tracing any other sexual partners of the man, who has not been identified, in an attempt to contain the infection's spread. 

He picked up the infection earlier in the year. 
The main antibiotic treatment - a combination of azithromycin and ceftriaxone - has failed to treat the disease.

Dr Gwenda Hughes, from Public Health England, said: "This is the first time a case has displayed such high-level resistance to both of these drugs and to most other commonly used antibiotics."
Discussions with the World Health Organization and the European Centres for Disease Control agree this is a world first. 

The disease is caused by the bacterium called Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

The infection is spread by unprotected vaginal, oral and anal sex.

Of those infected, about one in 10 heterosexual men and more than three-quarters of women, and gay men, have no easily recognisable symptoms.

But symptoms can include a thick green or yellow discharge from sexual organs, pain when urinating and bleeding between periods. 

Untreated infection can lead to infertility, pelvic inflammatory disease and can be passed on to a child during pregnancy.

Analysis of the man's infection suggests one last antibiotic could work. He is currently being treated and doctors will see if it has been successful next month.

So far no other cases - including in the British partner - have been discovered, but the investigation is still under way.

Dr Hughes added: "We are following up this case to ensure that the infection was effectively treated with other options and the risk of any onward transmission is minimised."
Doctors have long been warning this could happen. 

In 2015, there was an outbreak of azithromycin-resistant gonorrhoea centred on Leeds.
The fear is the bug could eventually become untreatable by any antibiotic.

Dr Olwen Williams, the president of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV said: "The emergence of this new strain of highly resistant gonorrhoea is of huge concern and is a significant development.

"We are concerned that the problem will worsen due to the dramatic cuts that have been delivered to the public health budget. 

"Worryingly this has left sexual health services at 'tipping point', with clinic closures coming at the worst possible time.

how would you like to have that conversation with your "partner"

uh yeah, when I went to "Insert SE Asian Country Here", I had a little boom boom with dirty asian that gave me a bad case of the clap, and uh, you might need to get yourself tested.....

kinda like Axel Foley with the Herpes Simplex 10

tell-victor-that-i-have-herpes-simplex-1

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2018 at 6:14 PM, El Diablo said:

The real action is in Barretto, Olongapo City. 

I spent 6 weeks there and can definitively say no. Angeles is in a different league with about 3x the bars and 10x the bar girls. And the bar girls are much hotter in Angeles on average. There is also a lot more street action and some BJ/massage bars that are not as prevalent in Barretto. And there are a lot more hot regular girls working the mall, hotels and restaurants. I did have a 28 year old in Barretto who is 4'0" and about 70 pounds, so there is that.

The only negative is the girls prefer the Koreans for short time who they call 3-3-3's (3 inches for 3 minutes for 3000 pisos ($60). Note that the bar gets half so you can save a lot of money dating them away from work, and the Koreans have driven up the price to 3500 in the bigger-Korean owned bars. They do prefer Americans for longer term boyfriends.