Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes.

The privileged, upper class white way of life continues to be threatened.  Kavanaugh can't commit sexual assault and MAGAteens can't scream at Native Americans. 

Or maybe somebody at the WH saw the video of them harassing the girls by the Vietnam memorials, the blackface at the basketball game, possibly a video of one of them making a joke about rape  

Theres a reason that original kid’s parents lawyered up.  And there is supposedly more videos of them out there being shopped around to the media, which is not surprising, giving that it’s a tourist destination and everybody has smartphones with decent cameras.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or maybe somebody at the WH saw the video of them harassing the girls by the Vietnam memorials, the blackface at the basketball game, possibly a video of one of them making a joke about rape  

That earns you some shitty fast food, an aggy-esque photo op and a Presidential Medal of Honor, not a disinvite by this White House.

Reposting this fantastic piece by Laura Wagner, with a key excerpt. 

As for why so many people are willing to not trust their own eyes; why they’ll readily accept the MAGA teen’s shitty and unconvincing publicist-created explanation that he didn’t do anything wrong; why news organizations rolled back reporting based on little new evidence; and why so many people lashed themselves to the whipping post in the square and begged for forgiveness, the answer is, I think, simple: These people are willing to give the screaming mob of white teens the benefit of the doubt because it distinguishes them from the emotion-driven hordes. It’s something like virtue signaling, but instead of attempting to signal that they hold any type of moral or ethical principles, these people are attempting to show that they are willing to be chastened, and so are thoughtful. I can admit when I’m wrong, they say, so you can always trust me.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/dont-doubt-what-you-saw-with-your-own-eyes-1831931203?rev=1548119535682

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Was this confirmed as the same kids?

I was watching Bad Education on Netflix (?) the other night, a very funny and irreverent BBC show, and the had a joke "what activity is enjoyed by 9 out of ten participants?"

Answer: gang rape. 

I thought, holy shit, no way that kind of joke could get by on American tv today. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That's part of the right's agenda. They're trying to keep the focus on Nathan Sandaman and avoid talking about the dozens of other kids acting so disrespectfully. 

And they make sure and run to NBC and the Today Show (could have easily been Good Morning America) instead of Fox and Friends.  These people know what they are doing.  

This incident reminds me of the time the Russians used Facebook to set up two competing protests at the same place in Houston.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11/01/russian-facebook-page-organized-protest-texas-different-russian-page-l/

It’s almost too perfect that you have the MAGA douchebags directly next to the Black Hebrew hate group only to have a Native American activist step in and try to intervene.  

Then to have a deceptive video go absurdly viral on twitter to stir up all the emotions and create mass confusion about what actually happened.

The Russians couldn’t script that shit any better.

I’m not suggesting it was the Russians, I have no idea, but this is the kind of stuff they pull.

Bottom line, there’s probably a lot to this story we still don’t know.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not suggesting it was the Russians but this is the kind of stuff they pull.

russians didn't script the scenario but they are undoubtedly stoking the fires of bullshit on all the regular channels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Here's Bari Weiss and Joe Rogan patting themselves on the back earlier today while defending the Covington kids. 

I hereby declare 2019 as The Year That Joe Rogan Crawls Back Under His Rock.

I bet 2020 will be The Year that Joe Rogan Stays There.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that's my main takeaway.

also, where were the fucking adults? those kids were running rampant.

also, i get that they were there for ap ro-life protest - great, good opportunity for a civics lesson.

but i assume the school has a dress code. how in the hell could they let them deck themselves out in MAGA gear?

quoting myself and deleting from the other thread.

Tucker Carlson could give a glowing report on VY and I’d probably end up siding with Jeff Fisher. 

I still can’t get over how manufactured and unreal this whole thing is. High school kids acting like jackasses on a field trip is a national controversy. And we’re all really pissed off at each other. From the framing of the original story to the pushback to the now dizzying pushback to the pushback, it doesn’t make any sense except for a vehicle to make us all hate each other. With the right odds I’d be willing to bet that Russians are somehow involved.

Edited by Mole

1 minute ago, Mole said:

I’d add that playing a drum inches from someone’s face while singing loudly (he has quite the voice) isn’t NOT aggressive.

Especially with that grill, amirite? 

Half of the country is shitting their pants over a 16 year old, it’s very odd. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Mole said:

With the right odds I’d be willing to bet that Russians are somehow involved.

The GOP has incorporated almost all the Russian tactics in their playbook. It’s incredibly difficult to tell the difference today.  

Nunes unmasking, declassifing documents to push absurd conspiracy theories, release the memo fiasco, Deep State bullshit, endless lying by officials, putting the FBI on trial, discrediting any opposition no matter how respectable, Qanon, projecting your flaws on your opposition, whataboutisms everywhere. 

These are the things Russians do.

The republicans have a new political toolkit they’ve embraced and it doesn’t matter anymore if the Russians are in on it. 

The consequences are the same.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz