Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The GOP has incorporated almost all the Russian tactics in their playbook. It’s incredibly difficult to tell the difference today.  

Nunes unmasking, declassifing documents to push absurd conspiracy theories, release the memo fiasco, Deep State bullshit, endless lying by officials, putting the FBI on trial, discrediting any opposition no matter how respectable, Qanon, projecting your flaws on your opposition, whataboutisms everywhere. 

This are the things Russians do.

The republicans have a new political toolkit they’ve embraced and it doesn’t matter anymore if the Russians are in on it. 

The consequences are the same.

It sounds like things Americans do, too.

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

I still can’t get over how manufactured and unreal this whole thing is. High school kids acting like jackasses on a field trip is a national controversy. And we’re all really pissed off at each other. From the framing of the original story to the pushback to the now dizzying pushback to the pushback, it doesn’t make any sense except for a vehicle to make us all hate each other. With the right odds I’d be willing to bet that Russians are somehow involved.

The only reason it's a controversy is because we're now being told that their obvious jackassery was actually acceptable and even commendable behavior. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The GOP has incorporated almost all the Russian tactics in their playbook. It’s incredibly difficult to tell the difference today.  

Nunes unmasking, declassifing documents to push absurd conspiracy theories, release the memo fiasco, Deep State bullshit, endless lying by officials, putting the FBI on trial, discrediting any opposition no matter how respectable, Qanon, projecting your flaws on your opposition, whataboutisms everywhere. 

This are the things Russians do.

The republicans have a new political toolkit they’ve embraced and it doesn’t matter anymore if the Russians are in on it. 

The internet has melted your brain. Or maybe it was the Russians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

The only reason it's a controversy is because we're now being told that their obvious jackassery was actually acceptable and even commendable behavior. 

That's because it is acceptable and commendable behavior on the right in this country.

"Deplorables" is as accurate as it gets.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The original story was completely dishonest though and fed into the anti MAGA sentiment that so many had. Without the original story of smirking kid vs stoic Native American, we don’t all hate each other over this (we have to find other reasons). Unless you’re saying that the original story was some kind of 4D chess move by the Rs, it doesn’t really make sense.

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

But that’s not entirely true. We all lost our minds over the original story that was dishonestly framed for maximum anger. It was right out of the James OKeefe playbook - remove all context and replace it with an enraging and dishonest caption.

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

The original story was completely dishonest though and fed into the anti MAGA sentiment that so many had. Without the original story of smirking kid vs stoic Native American, we don’t all hate each other over this (we have to find other reasons). Unless you’re saying that the original story was some kind of 4D chess move by the Rs, it doesn’t really make sense.

What doesn’t make sense?

Provoke insane outrage on the left, have the MSM pick up on it, bring new information to light later in the game to humiliate/discredit the left and MSM. Profit.

Seems pretty simple.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

But that’s not entirely true. We all lost our minds over the original story that was dishonestly framed for maximum anger. It was right out of the James OKeefe playbook - remove all context and replace it with an enraging and dishonest caption.

The original reaction was the correct one. Racist behavior needs to be shamed.

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don’t marry shit bags or raise shut bag kids and maybe they won’t be in that position

Remember how hard the MAGAs shat on Obama when he said this?

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” Obama said. “When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids.”

I 'member.

The modern American "right" has only one rule: rules are for thee, not for me.

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

I wouldn't characterize it as "completely dishonest". I think the original tweet with video (which had been removed and user was Twitter banned a couple of days ago) said that the MAGA kid harrassed and sought out the elder, which we now know isn't true. But people's reactions were to the video itself. Yes, the context wasn't accurate, but it still displays shitty, ugly, and disrepectful behavior from a group of youths mostly decked out in Trump or MAGA gear.  

The anti-MAGA sentiment is still completely understandable with more investigation and video footage. That hasn't changed. 

This story dies quickly if the Covington kids showed any remorse for their behavior in their statements. That they weren't fully to blame but still acted disrespectfully. Instead they fought back claiming COMPLETE INNOCENCE.  And the media has bought it hook, line, and sinker. And POTUS is defending them on Twitter.  Now that is injustice. 

David French is David French, what else do you expect someone like him to say? 

Libs like the one below annoy me a lot more for treating people like French seriously.  French does not care about the Central Park Five or Michael Brown, at least in the sense that he does not believe that there is anything wrong with how black people are treated in this country beyond the occasional bad apple cop or something (like the cop who murdered Philando Castile, for instance).  You can't look at some of the shit he's written about BLM and then turn around and say, like, "it looks like we can find common ground here."  

The worst actors were in order

1 hebrew black group for vile racist and homophobic insults to a bunch of kids

2 Chief full of shit for lying 

3 the white kids I guess for not de-escalating after being verbally attacked

You liberal loons are mad at #3.  You are all bigger racists than Trump could ever be. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Held accountable for my actions?!?!?! UNREAL!!!!!!!" - White America, 2018/19

Lulz.

It's a long conversation, we whities wouldn't understand...

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You liberal loons are mad at #3.  You are all bigger racists than Trump could ever be. 

You mean those white kids who were tomahawk chopping and mocking the Native Americans?

Yeah, that's cool.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

White people are under attack. Someone needs to defend them because they don't have the resources or political power to defend themselves.

You do you.  

An objective observe cannot view what the Native Americans did as an act to diffuse the situation. I just don’t know what to do with that notion other than scratch my head.

I’m happy to parse blame for all involved, but since everyone else is blaming only the students without a clue that the students stayed pretty calm considering the hour of racist berating they withstood from the the African American preacher, a call to reason and justice stirs me to point out the actual facts of what happened. We have 72 minutes of unedited video before the Native Americans approached the students. 

Further, if the woke crowd really cared about the Native Americans, why are they not rebuking the AA preacher for declaring that the NAs lost their lands because they worship false gods? Why? That was the most objectively-bigoted thing said against the NAs in this whole ordeal—by a mile—so tell me why that isn’t the lead on CNN?

Edited by Johnny Sack

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Don’t forget the kid joking about rape. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaz9xI4jGerGggaNolkcs

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

You do you.  

An objective observe cannot view what the Native Americans did as an act to diffuse the situation. I just don’t know what to do with that notion other than scratch my head.

I’m happy to parse blame for all involved, but since everyone else is blaming only the students without a clue that the students stayed pretty calm considering the hour of racist berating they withstood from the the African American preacher, a call to reason and justice stirs me to point out the actual facts of what happened. We have 72 minutes of unedited video before the Native Americans approached the students. 

Further, if the woke crowd really cared about the Native Americans, why are they not rebuking the AA preacher for declaring that the NAs lost their lands because they worship false gods? Why? That was the most objectively-bigoted thing said against the NAs in this whole ordeal—by a mile—so tell me why that isn’t the lead on CNN?

Because white people are de debil.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A teen from a religious school, ostensibly there to attend a pro-life rally, publicly jokes about enjoying rape while women are standing a few feet away   

You do you. 

A black adult preacher was calling them faggots, bigots and telling the indian that they lost their land because they worshipped a false God.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

A black adult preacher was calling them faggots, bigots and telling the indian that they lost their land because they worshipped a false God.  

and yet you described the white kids actions as "not de-escalating the situation."