Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m sure those 16 year old Catholic students are masters of the universe. 

born on 3rd > cracker jack vendor.

unless you think having a PR firm run by a CNN contributor on speed dial is just par for the course. 

Edited by elfenix
mixing sports metaphors!
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If any of them were anything but fringe nutbars, I expect they would absolutely face negative repercussions.  Seriously, they're literally street-corner apocalyptic religious freaks.  I've seen and heard folks like this my entire life.  We all just walk by and ignore them (except when we occasionally engage with them for amusement -- "Sir, you're going to HELL!" Brisket: "Damn right I am, that's where the party is!")

Nobody is defending the nutbars because they're nutbars.  Nobody is worried about making sure the nutbars face repercussions because they are a complete non-factor in American life.

The SPLC considers them a hate group.  But, you know, complete non-factor in American life.  It’s not like divisiveness is the goal or anything.  (And to be clear: I am not advocating doxxing those dudes either.  Just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy here.)

This discussion has been a gut punch to my sense of identity.  But it’s been a good lesson in the dangers of tribalism.  Turns out the other tribe doesn’t have a monopoly on idiocy.  

My own damned team, acting like children, falling for an obvious Russian / Trumpist / Fox News trap, and completely losing sight of both principles and strategy.  Sad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

The worst actors were in order

1 hebrew black group for vile racist and homophobic insults to a bunch of kids

2 Chief full of shit for lying 

3 the white kids I guess for not de-escalating after being verbally attacked

You liberal loons are mad at #3.  You are all bigger racists than Trump could ever be. 

What a completely unexpected perspective.  I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Where has anyone here said doxxing the Covington kids is ok? It’s been called out as terrible numerous times. 

I’m still all for the kid joking about rape being doxxed.  Same for the kids making racist gestures.  Same for the kid yelling slut at the women they harassed earlier  

They do this shit, and film themselves doing it, because there are no repercussions. 

If universities or companies turned them down because of this shit, it would send a strong message to many other would-be idiots.  

Same as the Tiki brigade discovering that acting like shit bags in public actually means something.  

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm glad I haven't paid much attention to this mess.  I will say this, as a father of a great kid (cue "he was a great kid") who as a young teenager is only now showing any signs of having even a shred of leadership potential, I think it's kinda shitty to extrapolate shitty teenage behavior too far forward in life.  I don't think my son would ever disparage someone for their race or sexuality but I've seen him go along with the de facto group leader in goofy jackassery dozens if not a hundred times or more in his young life.  He's a follower.  An inherently moral, ethical follower.  At times "follow" wins out.

This is not to say Smirky McSmirkface isn't a dick -- he seems to exude dickishness -- but I'll bet there's a dozen boys in that group who are quite literally going along to get along.  Throw in a completely naive world view and sometimes things that get told as "truth" are just absorbed as such, until much later when actual experience teaches otherwise.

Being a former stupid teenager, I can sympathize with stupid teenagers doing stupid things.  I never did anything like this, but I did plenty of stuff of which I'm ashamed.  And I'm glad that my stupidity didn't occur in an age of camera phones.

But even so, when we had a class trip to DC, we had parents and teachers who would've immediately stepped into that and ushered us away (because it's far from inconceivable that a bunch of stupid asshole teenagers from Highland Park circa 1989 could've done almost exactly that same thing).  And that's the chaperones'/teachers' job--be the fucking adult and keep your charges from engaging in stupid-teenager behavior.  In so doing, you shield your charges from the consequences of their predictable stupid-teenager behavior.

And that's a really important job in 20019, because in the age of the camera-phone, the consequences will never be the same.

Hey, there's a short video showing a teen and an adult standing face to face. One is just standing there and the other is chanting and beating a drum. One is white and one is a minority. Is the teen or the adult being an ass?

Me:  “I need more context. Why are they face to face? Which one approached the other?"

Shaggy Politics Echo Chamber: "Which one is white?"

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Hey, there's a short video showing a teen and an adult standing face to face. One is just standing there and the other is chanting and beating a drum. One is white and one is a minority. Is the teen or the adult being an ass?

Me:  “I need more context. Why are they face to face? Which one approached the other?"

Johnny Sack: "and please, for my comfort, let's ignore the kids around them doing the tomahawk chop and war whoops.  And let's DEFINITELY ignore the kid saying that it isn't rape if she enjoys it.  And of course, let's keep our ignoring streak going, and pay no attention to the boys hollering MAGA, build the wall, and "slut" at a group of passing girls."

Focus on the thing you want, and not the numerous other things.  That IS a good recipe for comfort, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Johnny Sack: "and please, for my comfort, let's ignore the kids around them doing the tomahawk chop and war whoops.  And let's DEFINITELY ignore the kid saying that it isn't rape if she enjoys it.  And of course, let's keep our ignoring streak going, and pay no attention to the boys hollering MAGA, build the wall, and "slut" at a group of passing girls."

Focus on the thing you want, and not the numerous other things.  That IS a good recipe for comfort, I'll give you that.

Was the guy sitting their smiling doing any of that shit?  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Mole said:

I still can’t get over how manufactured and unreal this whole thing is. High school kids acting like jackasses on a field trip is a national controversy. And we’re all really pissed off at each other. From the framing of the original story to the pushback to the now dizzying pushback to the pushback, it doesn’t make any sense except for a vehicle to make us all hate each other. With the right odds I’d be willing to bet that Russians are somehow involved.

"Twitter suspended an account on Monday afternoon that helped spread a controversial encounter between a Native American elder and a group of high school students wearing Make America Great Again hats.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it.

On Tuesday, a source familiar with Twitter's investigation into the account said the company's initial findings suggest that the account was run from the United States. The source cautioned, however, that determining which country a Twitter account is actually run from can be very difficult."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/21/tech/twitter-suspends-account-native-american-maga-teens/index.html

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He’s the one your fellow travelers want killed and tossed into a wood chipper.  

Cool.

What about the tomahawk choppers, the rape jokers, and the slut catcallers?  Those guys are all cool, I guess.

Edited by Brisketexan

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Cool.

What about the tomahawk choppers, the rape jokers, and the slut catcallers.  Those guys are all cool, I guess.

He's already addressed that. He called those actions "not de-escalating the situation."  

But its cool. He's a neutral party just analyzing the situation without bias.

I don’t know about most of you guys, but I find this entire incident pretty hilarious.

First you got the MAGA white privilege white guys who are probably both acting like privilege pricks and simply dumb teenagers like we all have been.

Then you get the black Israelites, which I had never heard of before but am now not suprised exist since I suppose they consider themselves the true chosen ones.

Then you get some Native American guy bangin a drums who is either trying to diffuse the situation or does something else then runs to the media and blows the whole thing up.

What better embodiment of current trump American could you possibly come up with? Nobody knows whose right, nobody really is right, but its national fucking news that they all start some sort of mild controversy against each other. 

Of course nobody really even gets hurt.

2019 America. Amusing ourselves to death. 

I thinks we’ll get past this one. 

• Like 6

Just now, Kyle said:

The Race Card has not had such a rough month since Duke lacrosse. Between this, the tragedy in Houston, and another gem from CNN, it may be time to redefine racism again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/16/areva-martin-cnn-analyst-accuses-black-radio-host-white-privilege/2590841002/

Well, he sounded a little bit taller on the radio.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Will we ever overcome the tragedy of white persecution?

Just now, David Dennison said:

You mean people like you?

Nope.  People I associate with are decent humans that would never use that word.  

You admitted people you associate with use it routinely.  You choose to hang out with trash that use that word.  And then tolerate it.  

No wonder you have such low opinion of whites.  You are trailer trash.  

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Nope.  People I associate with are decent humans that would never use that word.  

You admitted people you associate with use it routinely.  You choose to hang out with trash that use that word.  And then tolerate it.  

No wonder you have such low opinion of whites.  You are trailer trash.  

Sure.

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t know about most of you guys, but I find this entire incident pretty hilarious.

First you got the MAGA white privilege white guys who are probably both acting like privilege pricks and simply dumb teenagers like we all have been.

Then you get the black Israelites, which I had never heard of before but am now not suprised exist since I suppose they consider themselves the true chosen ones.

Then you get some Native American guy bangin a drums who is either trying to diffuse the situation or does something else then runs to the media and blows the whole thing up.

What better embodiment of current trump American could you possibly come up with? Nobody knows whose right, nobody really is right, but its national fucking news that they all start some sort of mild controversy against each other. 

Of course nobody really even gets hurt.

2019 America. Amusing ourselves to death. 

I thinks we’ll get past this one. 

I agree ... white privilege is just so out of control. They should wear little yellow stars and get numbered. I mean, look at how this privileged see you next tuesday harassed an actual veteran. I remember the huge CNN and social media outrage at how disrespectful she was. I'm sure you expressed a bunch of outrage on here about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I agree ... white privilege is just so out of control. They should wear little yellow stars and get numbered. I mean, look at how this privileged see you next tuesday harassed an actual veteran. I remember the huge CNN and social media outrage at how disrespectful she was. I'm sure you expressed a bunch of outrage on here about it.

Will white men ever be treated fairly?

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You do you.  

An objective observe cannot view what the Native Americans did as an act to diffuse the situation. I just don’t know what to do with that notion other than scratch my head.

I’m happy to parse blame for all involved, but since everyone else is blaming only the students without a clue that the students stayed pretty calm considering the hour of racist berating they withstood from the the African American preacher, a call to reason and justice stirs me to point out the actual facts of what happened. We have 72 minutes of unedited video before the Native Americans approached the students. 

Further, if the woke crowd really cared about the Native Americans, why are they not rebuking the AA preacher for declaring that the NAs lost their lands because they worship false gods? Why? That was the most objectively-bigoted thing said against the NAs in this whole ordeal—by a mile—so tell me why that isn’t the lead on CNN?

Objective observer....you?

Aren't you a fucking comfort.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Tell us all about all these whites you associate with that use the N word.  How often is that?  And why do you tolerate it and stay friends with such people?

It was the country club, wasn't it?

Church was next.

Being white on the west side of Houston is easy to peg.

Edited by David Dennison

You think chief who changes story was trying to diffuse the situation?  Did you watch the video, unedited?

I have watched 5 or 6. Did you see the joke about rape? The comments about what girls they'd do? The blackface in the Covington Crazies bb crowd? 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It was the country club, wasn't it?

Church was next.

Being white on the west side of Houston is easy to peg.

I’ve spent more than my share of time in country club locker rooms and churches.   I’ve never heard a racial slur in either.  

Seriously, where the fuck are you hanging out?

my wife is from east Texas and I don’t hear that kind of talk when we go back to her home town. 

People I know just don’t talk like that.  You run in a different group.  It’s strange your friends feel comfortable dropping N bombs around you.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

I’ve spent more than my share of time in country club locker rooms and churches.   I’ve never heard a racial slur in either.  

Seriously, where the fuck are you hanging out?

my wife is from east Texas and I don’t hear that kind of talk when we go back to her home town. 

People I know just don’t talk like that.  You run in a different group.  

You're lying. Stop.

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You either need to calm down or troll down. You’re anger is showing and ridiculous.

Or if just trolling keep trolling on. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

You're lying. Stop.

I’m really not.  It’s sad to me you are around such blatant racism all the time and you’re buddies talk that way around you.  You must participate or not object.  

You hanging around some drag racing strips or tractor pulls in Vidor?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2