Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

You don't read much Michael Harriot, do you?

Yeah.  He's a troll.  Like you.  I can see why you'd be thrilled with his work. 

TheRoot is a racist, supremacist site a la The Stormfront, but which somehow gets a pass because it's run by AAs.  If that's who you guys want to roll with, well, be my guest. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

That’s not what I said at all.  Just that people I know and associate with don’t use that word.  You and David apparently run in different crowds.  

Bullshit.

Back when I was  kid living in the oil patch known as midland, a discussion ensued at a party as to who was wosrse, White trash or blacks?

Eventualy it was decided that white trash was worse than blacks.

Whats your opinion on that sack?

43 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Don't troll, bro.

Chuckle. The last gasps of a failed position ... the dreaded Troll Card. Funny coming from someone who just got trolled by fake news reporting fake outrage driven by a fake veteran. Tell us more ... what windmills shall we tilt tomorrow?

20 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, maybe don't be linking articles from the black equivalent of The Stormfront.  The only people those assholes support in this situation are the black Israelites screaming homophobic and racist slurs.

The Root is now the black equivalent of Stormfront?!?!? Lol.  Jesus Christ!!

• Like 2

Looks like the TODAY show jumped on the media apology train yesterday and immediately booked this interview. Subsequent videos showing MAGA kids being disrepectful to a group of girls and the kid making a rape joke only fueled the fire again.  

This will be ugly. NBC, Today Show, and interviewer Savannah Guthrie are all getting tons of shit on Twitter as we speak. Really wish Sandmann would have laid low, nothing good will come of this. 

41 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

LOL, calmer than you are dude.

This guy went on a neg spree after I negged one of his posts. I read this board for a bit before posting on it so I cannot say I was surprised that he became unhinged over a neg.

He's a Trumpkin that eventually has to be brought back into society once this ordeal is finally over though. Perhaps he will be amongst the contingent that admits they were wrong. 

Edited by UpperWestside

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Chuckle. The last gasps of a failed position ... the dreaded Troll Card. Funny coming from someone who just got trolled by fake news reporting fake outrage driven by a fake veteran. Tell us more ... what windmills shall we tilt tomorrow?

Tell us more about how it's fake news.

Yeah.

25 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah.  He's a troll.  Like you.  I can see why you'd be thrilled with his work. 

TheRoot is a racist, supremacist site a la The Stormfront, but which somehow gets a pass because it's run by AAs.  If that's who you guys want to roll with, well, be my guest. 

Where do you get your news?

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

If a journalist can interview Bashar al-Assad then I think Savannah is okay interviewing this kid. 

You're missing the point. NBC should not be doing this interview with a 16 year old kid, especially when a significant portion of people think he was in the wrong and the incident is still so fresh in people's minds.  I think it's completely unfair for him and he's walking into a firestorm.

Whether it was the decision of the PR firm, his parents, or the kid himself, setting up this interview was a terrible idea. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Looks like the TODAY show jumped on the media apology train yesterday and immediately booked this interview. Subsequent videos showing MAGA kids being disrepectful to a group of girls and the kid making a rape joke only fueled the fire again.  

This will be ugly. NBC, Today Show, and interviewer Savannah Guthrie are all getting tons of shit on Twitter as we speak. Really wish Sandmann would have laid low, nothing good will come of this. 

Kid was a nervous wreck on Today. Both Today and the kid missed an opportunity for a real talk.  

He was a dick standing in the guy's face. It was clear as day in his expression and mannerisms. With his friends behind him, he turned more assholish. But he is just a kid, and a dorky, goofy one at that. Today should have rolled with that and the kid should have to.  Instead, they let him hold the line on it being okay to be a dick. So he will still be seen as a dick by the public.  Sucks for him cuz icono doesnt have anyones back. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This ridiculousness gave Dotard another distraction and by God if the media didn't once again gladly cover it. Cover everything he is doing to actively destroy our country and stop following him on stuff like this. 

Just now, Satchel said:

These are some of the same crazy people who feuded with the kids from CC. They's been around since the 70s and have been involved in all kinds of crime.

https://forward.com/news/380969/blacks-for-trump-man-claims-mantle-of-fallen-hebrew-israelite-leader/

What does that have to do with him being a dick to an old indian dude? 

So where is the line?  Carte blanche?  Can the kid kill you because some other fringe group said something mean to him?

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

So where is the line?  Carte blanche?  Can the kid kill you because some other fringe group said something mean to him?

Unless he's gay and you throw a homophobic slur his way, what on earth can you say to that kid that's going to sting in any way?

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

especially when a significant portion of people think he was in the wrong and the incident is still so fresh in people's minds.  I think it's completely unfair for him and he's walking into a firestorm.

First part is not a good reason. Second part is true though. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Unless he's gay and you throw a homophobic slur his way, what on earth can you say to that kid that's going to sting in any way?

In a way, I kind of get it. Americans are pussies now. That kid couldn't win a fight against a toddler, but he nuts up knowing there won't really be a fight. People used to get their asses kicked for shit and everyone walked away, lessons learned. Doesn't happen anymore. It goes from escalating "first amendment rights", to someone threatening legal action over a slight push, to someone running over people with a car.

In the middle, there used to be asskickings. Sometimes they were deserved. 

I'm not even that old, but back in my day if someone moved into my space with that mannerism, we were gonna come to blows.  Near guaranteed. So people didnt do that shit unless they were actually ready to fight. 

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nothing. There doesn't seem to be much known about  these people. The kid should familiarize himself with the totality of Catholic social teaching. He would learn that advocating for children in the womb (his reason for being in DC) and for those along the border are not unlike. Saying Hail Marys at 10a and chanting "build that wall at 2p is not a good look.

I bet the racist whites you hang out with dropped a few N bombs since that is something you routinely witness.  For some reason your racist friends feel comfortable using the N word around you.  I wonder why that is?

Dude aren’t you from Houston? Saying you haven’t heard white people say the “n word” in two decades proves you’re full of shit. I can promise you several prominent attorneys would let that word fly in good company in the late 90s and that’s in Memorial, River Oaks, Villages Etc.

Houston has come a long way, but the recent past is pretty damn shameful.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Dude aren’t you from Houston? Saying you haven’t heard white people say the “n word” in two decades proves you’re full of shit. I can promise you several prominent attorneys would let that word fly in good company in the late 90s and that’s in Memorial, River Oaks, Villages Etc.

Houston has come a long way, but the recent past is pretty damn shameful.

You are talking to Johnny Sack. He has never met a black person in a social setting. 

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

You seem defensive. What's wrong?

Man, for some stupid reason I just read this whole thread. Your posts are an absolute beating. The back and forth with sack with nothing added by either of you page after page makes you both suck. Carry on though.

How did this kids parents think letting him go on the Today Show was ever going to play out well? The adults around these kids are fucking idiots. They clearly were idiots on the trip and they are doubling down on stupid at this point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Especially with that grill, amirite? 

Half of the country is shitting their pants over a 16 year old, it’s very odd. 

No, they are shitting their pants over the hat the 16 year old is wearing.  If he wears a different hat no one on either side gives a fuck about this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The original reaction was the correct one. Racist behavior needs to be shamed.

So when are you going to start shaming the Hewbrew Israelites or whatever the four black clowns in the video are.  They were the real shit stirrers in this whole thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So when are you going to start shaming the Hewbrew Israelites or whatever the four black clowns in the video are.  They were the real shit stirrers in this whole thing.

From what I've heard and read, yep.

I've given up watching viral videos. And cable "news".

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Enter Sandmann

1) Very cool to answer that question by saying you had the "right" to stand there. (not in question, no on disputes that)

2) "I wish we could have..." No one was stopping you

Because sixteen year olds are never in situations they have never faced before and because sixteen year olds never make decisions they think better of later on.  The usual crowd here is acting like he donated gasoline for a cross burning.

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Race/homephobia bait offered, bait eagerly accepted. 

Where were the fucking chaperones? 

Man, for some stupid reason I just read this whole thread. Your posts are an absolute beating. The back and forth with sack with nothing added by either of you page after page makes you both suck. Carry on though.

Politics. “Enter at your own risk” out front shoulda told ya.

the media and social media public need to back off from quick judgements about any short video clip.  But they won't.   I understand why ALL media outlets want to jump on a story because if something is blowing up on Facebook or Twitter, they want to get in the conversation as well.  And its just not always feasible to get the full story when an incident that may be less than 5 minutes old has gone viral.  

We all had the same thought when we saw the original short video.  Somehow a young man and an older man came face to face.  I didn't assume the young man got in the face of the older guy.  Zero context of what is going on.  They just were face to face.  The older man appeared to be Native American based on his actions, and it looked like young man was a Trump supporter.  He looked to barely be suppressing a laugh.  I just thought he looked like an arrogant kid that shouldn't laugh in someone's face.  He should walk away if he thinks someone is overly funny.

However people will not wait to understand the full story.  I fully expect we see a murder in the upcoming years when the public doesn't wait for the full story from a viral video. The public will react without waiting for context or the full story.  And by the way, that isn't a new concept.  The connected world just makes it go even faster.   Think about Emmett Till.  In 1955, he was accused of harassing a white woman, so he was murdered.  No one really cared to discover the full story.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

These are some of the same crazy people who feuded with the kids from CC. They's been around since the 70s and have been involved in all kinds of crime.

https://forward.com/news/380969/blacks-for-trump-man-claims-mantle-of-fallen-hebrew-israelite-leader/

Just so I'm understanding this right, the Blacks For Trump guy who became semi-famous getting on camera at Trump rallies is a Black Israelite?

Did I get that right? Seems like this nugget would be the part in the movie where the narration gets interrupted by a jarring record scratch.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the media and social media public need to back off from quick judgements about any short video clip.  But they won't.   I understand why ALL media outlets want to jump on a story because if something is blowing up on Facebook or Twitter, they want to get in the conversation as well.  And its just not always feasible to get the full story when an incident that may be less than 5 minutes old has gone viral.  

We all had the same thought when we saw the original short video.  Somehow a young man and an older man came face to face.  I didn't assume the young man got in the face of the older guy.  Zero context of what is going on.  They just were face to face.  The older man appeared to be Native American based on his actions, and it looked like young man was a Trump supporter.  He looked to barely be suppressing a laugh.  I just thought he looked like an arrogant kid that shouldn't laugh in someone's face.  He should walk away if he thinks someone is overly funny.

However people will not wait to understand the full story.  I fully expect we see a murder in the upcoming years when the public doesn't wait for the full story from a viral video. The public will react without waiting for context or the full story.  And by the way, that isn't a new concept.  The connected world just makes it go even faster.   Think about Emmett Till.  In 1955, he was accused of harassing a white woman, so he was murdered.  No one really cared to discover the full story.

We need to get the Black Israelites on 60 Minutes so they can tell their side of the story.  Any opinion on this event is premature until that happens.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You seriously didn't see the MAGA hat + smirk in the face of a non-white as thought-provoking in any way? That Sandmann was just an "arrogant kid" (MAGA hat means nothing) and Phillips was just "someone" (Native American and elderly means nothing)?

If so, that's interesting.

A significant part of the initial anti-MAGA outrage was that many of us presumed A LOT that has turned out to be true:
- The kids were out of control
- They were from an all-white private school built to keep minorities away
- The kids were racists
- They were wearing MAGA hats in DC specifically to send an aggressive/hateful message to minorities and women

Many of those who reacted have been on the receiving end of that smirk and all it implies. ("Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter")

However, a brigade of white people, who are only ever on the giving end of that smirk, didn't see any of that?

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Can they even afford a PR firm, though?

Probably not.  Even more reason why they need to be on national television.  Maybe they can have a sit down with the MAGA kids so they can work through their disagreements.

19 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

We need to get the Black Israelites on 60 Minutes so they can tell their side of the story.  Any opinion on this event is premature until that happens.

Probably not a good idea. This particular faction of the cult is only interested in disruption and attention. Hence the baiting. I first heard this cult on Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, London in the 70s.  Not this faction but a more PR minded faction faction of the Black Hebrew/Israelites. 

1 minute ago, Atx71 said:

Probably not a good idea. This particular faction of the cult is only interested in disruption and attention. Hence the baiting. I first heard this cult on Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, London in the 70s.  Not this faction but a more PR minded faction faction of the Black Hebrew/Israelites. 

It's precisely this kind of emotionally driven prejudgment before a cold, rational, logical and dispassionate examination of all available facts that led to what has become our own Dreyfus Affair.  You should be ashamed.

• Like 1

Don't know if this has been posted yet or is of any significance.

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/2650238002

The nationwide firestorm surrounding Covington Catholic has brought to light that one of the Greater Cincinnati high school's most prominent graduates happens to be President Trump's top White House attorney.

Pat Cipollone, CovCath class of 1984, recently took over as White House general counsel. He had previously served as an informal adviser to the president on the special counsel investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.