Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

so this incident got blown up.  The magga-ot kids were there for pro life, the native and the black hebrew (fake) were all there by chance at the same time (true?)

The natives chanted, the magga-ot kids, because they are immature 14-17 brats, started mocking the chants. Then Old Feather walked up to the kids, singled one out, got in his face and beat his drum. Kid stood there smiling. 

I'm not seeing a huge hate crime here by the kids. Simply wearing a maga hat is not a hate crime.   The only disrespectful thing they did was mockingly sing along with the chants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

The Black Hebrew Israelite dudes seem to be assholes. Big Time Assholes.

The kids seem to be assholes, too, but Little Time Assholes.

The Indian guy? He seemed to be pretty clueless.

Time to move on.

No, no, no. This is extremely important and we should keep talking about it. 

26 minutes ago, NowThis said:

so this incident got blown up.  The magga-ot kids were there for pro life, the native and the black hebrew (fake) were all there by chance at the same time (true?)

The natives chanted, the magga-ot kids, because they are immature 14-17 brats, started mocking the chants. Then Old Feather walked up to the kids, singled one out, got in his face and beat his drum. Kid stood there smiling. 

I'm not seeing a huge hate crime here by the kids. Simply wearing a maga hat is not a hate crime.   The only disrespectful thing they did was mockingly sing along with the chants.

MAGA hats are a symbol of white supremacy.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

It's precisely this kind of emotionally driven prejudgment before a cold, rational, logical and dispassionate examination of all available facts that led to what has become our own Dreyfus Affair.  You should be ashamed.

You should try and talk with them before giving them a public platform. See how that works out for you first. And it is sans emotion. I am intensely interested in these groups. But this one is a cult. 

This is pretty interesting. The attorney for Covington Catholic, Robert Barnes, is a notorious Trumpkin. I'm talking undying loyalty and reverence for Dotard.

Over the last few years I've seen a few of his tweets pop up on my feed. He lives in Las Vegas and is from Tennessee. Not sure what his connection is with Covington Catholic. 

Here are a few examples: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is very good stuff.

The real issue raised by the video is the messages these kids are being sent by adults and authority figures about how to treat people, especially those who are different from them. And in both cases, the escalation with the Black Hebrew Israelite faction and the jeering of Phillips, what is most clear is that in this regard, the adults in their life have failed them.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is very good stuff.

The real issue raised by the video is the messages these kids are being sent by adults and authority figures about how to treat people, especially those who are different from them. And in both cases, the escalation with the Black Hebrew Israelite faction and the jeering of Phillips, what is most clear is that in this regard, the adults in their life have failed them.

Way to go, Gen X. I thought we were better than that.

20 hours ago, sidis said:

while the maelstrom related to this story has far more interesting aspects to it...more silent prayers from the well-behaved catholic boys of no privilege...

26 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Fucking smartass little pricks

Why are they all harassing that girl from Swimfan?

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

anything can be a symbol of anything to anyone.  I don't see MAGA hats as symbols of white supremacy per se, most MAGA people are racist but not all.  Whereas a KKK hood is 100% racist. 

What if a black person is wearing the KKK hood? Is it still racist?

It doesn't matter if 100% or 50% of "MAGA people" are racist. It's about what the symbol means, what it communicates, and what its wearers intend. The wearer doesn't change the symbol.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What if a black person is wearing the KKK hood? Is it still racist?

It doesn't matter if 100% or 50% of "MAGA people" are racist. It's about what the symbol means, what it communicates, and what its wearers intend. The wearer doesn't change the symbol.

yes

no 

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

MAGA hats are a symbol of white supremacy.

Can't tell if serious, but here's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth, which is nothing.

Those MAGA hats are mostly worn by fucking morons, but freedom of expression and all that (I love the US constitution) prevails.

Railing against MAGA-hat wearing dipshits is NOT a battle to die for. Not just b/c they are wearing the hat. Let. It. Fucking. Go. Already.

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Can't tell if serious, but here's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth, which is nothing.

Those MAGA hats are mostly worn by fucking morons, but freedom of expression and all that (I love the US constitution) prevails.

Railing against MAGA-hat wearing dipshits is NOT a battle to die for. Not just b/c they are wearing the hat. Let. It. Fucking. Go. Already.

I'm very serious. Those hats are a symbol of white supremacy. No one is saying they can't wear them, but they should be called out for what they are.

6 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Okay. So if a person did not think the president was a racist and wore the hat are they are racist without knowing it? What treatment does this person deserve?

The same treatment that a "stars and bars" waver, that thinks it is a symbol southern pride and states rights, gets.... a blessing from me.  May god bless and keep that asshole far away from me. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You are oddly disturbed by America's history.

Disturbed by our history for sure for a lot of really bad things we've done to people.  You're just oddly disturbed however.  

Everyone's a raaaaaaaaacist !!!!!!!!!!!!!  'Cept you of course.....

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, David Dennison said:

You always get defensive about this. 

Why is that?

Defensive ?  No not defensive, just astounded by the number of times you use the word racist.  

White people do not have any corner on the racism card, and in fact are mild compared to other cultures. You seem to have lived your entire life in one place and haven't seen the world. 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Defensive ?  No not defensive, just astounded by the number of times you use the word racist.  

White people do not have any corner on the racism card, and in fact are mild compared to other cultures. You seem to have lived your entire life in one place and haven't seen the world. 

That's good apologia.

Well done.