Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's good apologia.

Well done.

Not an apolgy at all, just a fact that you seem to overlook about everyone other than white people. You're either a guilt ridden milk toast or an angry minority member who's been subjected to racism that occurs every fucking place in the world to every race in the world. Or are you one of those special idiots who believe only white people can be racist. 

• Like 2

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not an apolgy at all, just a fact that you seem to overlook about everyone other than white people. You're either a guilt ridden milk toast or an angry minority member who's been subjected to racism that occurs every fucking place in the world to every race in the world. Or are you one of those special idiots who believe only white people can be racist. 

White people have used racism to monopolize political power in America since its founding. That is undeniable. You seem to want to deny it and it's odd.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

White people have used racism to monopolize political power in America since its founding. That is undeniable. You seem to want to deny it and it's odd.

No I haven't, and you're full of shit for even suggesting that. That's the little voice in your head that tells you what you want to hear, regardless of reality.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Is Donald Trump a racist?

Who knows. His track record is mixed on his relations with people. I'm sure you firmly believe he is, but you think everyone is so there's that.  Calling someone a racist is not something I throw around casually like you do.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Who knows. His track record is mixed on his relations with people. I'm sure you firmly believe he is, but you think everyone is so there's that.  Calling someone a racist is not something I throw around casually like you do.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Impossible to say since we can't read his mind. All we have to go off of are decades of his words and actions. Based on that scant amount of data, there's just no telling. It is truly one of life's great mysteries. 

Hank Scorpio really is the best.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes. Imo. 

But even if not, just apply Gillum's quote to Trump --- the racists think he is a racist.  That's enough.  And he (intentionally) does nothing of substance to make them believe otherwise.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

White conservatives (redundant, I guess) think "freedom of speech" means "freedom from criticism".

Almost....

51 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

White people have used racism to monopolize political power in America since its founding. That is undeniable.

This gets closer.

White people of a certain class have always been able to have a second chance after doing something stupid. At the same time they know (dimly) how the system treats people who step out of line and are not of the same class; darker-complected and less-resourced people get expelled from schools, beaten up or worse by the cops, sent to prison, fired from jobs, etc. But now the privileged white people see that their privilege is at risk; the Me Too movement, minorities asserting their rights, the general loss of status - they sense that they could soon be in the position of the lower classes, and lose their insulation from the consequences of their actions. They don't like that.

All that aside, the only lesson to be gleaned from this whole stupid incident is that nobody should pay attention to anything on Twitter. Ever.

52 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Being a racist presupposes some kind of coherent worldview. Even if it’s despicable, it’s an ethos or motivation. Trump has no discernible worldview or ideology besides feeding his own narcissism and enriching himself. Politically he’s a personification of a vague list of grievances which intersect with race at a few key points, but all evidence points to race being a method rather than a motivation in his actions. 

Due to the list of grievances that is Trumpism, his message clearly resonates with racists, but it appeals to certain non racists as well (see the Obama/Trump voter). Boiling it down to simply racism misses the breadth of tribalism at its heart. If you see it as simply racists vs non racists you’re getting only a partial picture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

Being a racist presupposes some kind of coherent worldview. Even if it’s despicable, it’s an ethos or motivation. Trump has no discernible worldview or ideology besides feeding his own narcissism and enriching himself. Politically he’s a personification of a vague list of grievances which intersect with race at a few key points, but all evidence points to race being a method rather than a motivation in his actions. 

Due to the list of grievances that is Trumpism, his message clearly resonates with racists, but it appeals to certain non racists as well (see the Obama/Trump voter). Boiling it down to simply racism misses the breadth of tribalism at its heart. If you see it as simply racists vs non racists you’re getting only a partial picture.

True. But it is easier to win an argument with someone when you call the person a racist first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Impossible to say since we can't read his mind. All we have to go off of are decades of his words and actions. Based on that scant amount of data, there's just no telling. It is truly one of life's great mysteries. 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

LO fucking L. Fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hahahahahahaha. 

Good one ma!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

True. But it is easier to win an argument with someone when you call the person a racist first. 

All that to say that he’s something worse than a racist. He’ll gladly use race or tribalism or any kind of lie to serve his immediate needs. He’s a self serving cynic.

• Like 2

Some people are saying that Jefferson Davis was a racist. I’m more of the opinion that his track record was kind of mixed. For example, I’m pretty sure he employed some back people at some point in time. I mean who are we to judge? It’s just too ambiguous of a record to really know for sure. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Some people are saying that Jefferson Davis was a racist. I’m more of the opinion that his track record was kind of mixed. For example, I’m pretty sure he employed some back people at some point in time. I mean who are we to judge? It’s just too ambiguous of a record to really know for sure. 

It is almost like individual people are deeply flawed sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Plus, he wasn't ALWAYS the president of a wanna-be nation comprised of traitor states that seceded to preserve the institution of slavery. He spent 50 years or so not being president of a wanna-be nation of traitors states that seceded to preserve the institution of slavery before doing that. He probably wasn't racist at all then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SDG said:

good discussion.

Joe Rogan is capable of “good discussions” on topics like mixed martial arts and entertainment. It’s scary so many people listen to him on anything unrelated to those things. That interview a few weeks ago where he had no comprehension whatsoever of the difference between a company’s valuation & their actual profits was particularly astounding. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Joe Rogan is capable of “good discussions” on topics like mixed martial arts and entertainment. It’s scary so many people listen to him on anything unrelated to those things. That interview a few weeks ago where he had no comprehension whatsoever of the difference between a company’s valuation & their actual profits was particularly astounding. 

How is that any different than the mainstream news?  

They had a pretty fair minded discussion so I pointed it out because most have been incapable of that.  

On 1/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Tom said:

Maybe because it's already been established that they were bad actors.  

Maybe because they didnt hire a PR firm or have half the media and the president of the United States coming out saying they did NOTHING wrong?

Just because the black extremist group may have started it doesnt absolve the Covington kids' actions against the Natives.  It's now been proven they were being douches at multiple points in the day to multiple groups of people.  

I don’t know about y’all, but if it’s my kid in this situation, I would pull every available resource I had to counter this firestorm since the kid’s entire future is at stake. In my opinion, there are no heroes here. What I do know are teenage boys and how dumb they/I’ve acted. No matter if my kid was in the worst of the bunch as an insensitive jerk instigator or was a saint and completely blameless, I would have contacted a PR firm to help deal with the cultural war has erupted. If you wouldn’t for your kid d you’re lying 

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I don’t know about y’all, but if it’s my kid in this situation, I would pull every available resource I had to counter this firestorm since the kid’s entire future is at stake. In my opinion, there are no heroes here. What I do know are teenage boys and how dumb they/I’ve acted. No matter if my kid was in the worst of the bunch as an insensitive jerk instigator or was a saint and completely blameless, I would have contacted a PR firm to help deal with the cultural war has erupted. If you wouldn’t for your kid d you’re lying 

It's good to hold kids accountable.