Julian Assange

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, Caracara said:

Thanks for the civility. There were lots in my opinion.  But emails showing the DNC's favoritism in the primary cost HRC a lot of votes from bernie folks.  And tons of bernie peeps are now "red-pilled" as they say, and are determined to rally around the truth rather than hang onto a totally corrupt bipartisan establishment and a MSM that does nothing but parrot its talking parts.

How is that incriminating?  The DNC (and the RNC, for that matter) can favor any candidate they want...there's nothing illegal or even unethical about that.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

How is that incriminating?  The DNC (and the RNC, for that matter) can favor any candidate they want...there's nothing illegal or even unethical about that.

Right, they are private organizations free to tilt the scales as they see fit.  And that is just fine. I mean, they own our democracy, but if you point out this nonsense masquerading as democracy you are a both sider. BTW have you heard about the sham that is Russian elections?

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

I'd say the emails that showed favoritism toward hilidawg and collusion between the media and the dnc, were the most damaging.

I didn't like Hillary before the election season, and the emails didn't raise her any higher in my eyes.  Incriminating?  I usually keep my opinions to myself, on this board, and stick to what I think can be proven.

• Like 1

Just now, Caracara said:

I didn't like Hillary before the election season,

Nobody liked Hillary.  The right, the middle, shit even the fucking left. Nor did many internationally. But it was her turn to crash through that glass ceiling with the backing of a captured democrat party apparatus, so batter up. And the GOP was incapable of nominating the only electable adult in the room (Kasich) because they had cultured 8 years of fucking brain damage within their own base, so here we fucking are. And all this shit is Russia's fault, with a side dish of assange and snowden and whatever other nonsense. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Caracara said:

I'd say the emails that showed favoritism toward hilidawg and collusion between the media and the dnc, were the most damaging.

I didn't like Hillary before the election season, and the emails didn't raise her any higher in my eyes.  Incriminating?  I usually keep my opinions to myself, on this board, and stick to what I think can be proven.

You said "damaging", but it was in response to a question from Hugo asking which you thought was the most "incriminating".  Don't play the obtuse card.

Nothing in that scenario is damaging.  If you needed to see an email to know that the DNC wanted Hillary as their candidate, then you have much bigger issues to worry about.  But who cares?  The DNC's actions were not unlike how many companies hire their CEO.  The Board or Directors (DNC) could have a person in mind, but have to put it to a shareholder (registered Dems) vote.  THe BoD is free to use all their influence to get the shareholders to vote for their candidate, but it's still up to the shareholders to decide.

Bernie could have run as an Independent, but chose to run under the DNC banner. 

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Right, they are private organizations free to tilt the scales as they see fit.  And that is just fine. I mean, they own our democracy, but if you point out this nonsense masquerading as democracy you are a both sider. BTW have you heard about the sham that is Russian elections?

Not sure what a "both sider" is, or how I fit into that group by pointing out a fact, but ok.

2 hours ago, Caracara said:

Hillary beat Bernie in the primary by more than 3.5 million votes. That's 12 percent. Not close.

Are you suggesting that favoritism toward HRC by the DNC and the media led to her putting up a double-digit win over Sanders among average rank-and-file Joes and Janes in the voting booth?

Fact. The Democratic party bigwigs favored Hillary. Here's another fact. It didn't matter. Emails, superdelegates. Sounded shady, didn't it? Except it was completely worthless because the voters took care of things on their own.

In the end, it did matter, because it pissed off dumb-ass Sanders' supporters who chose to believe the primary was staged instead of their candidate losing by 12 goddamn points to fucking Hillary.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 3/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, Caracara said:

Thanks for the civility. There were lots in my opinion.  But emails showing the DNC's favoritism in the primary cost HRC a lot of votes from bernie folks.  And tons of bernie peeps are now "red-pilled" as they say, and are determined to rally around the truth rather than hang onto a totally corrupt bipartisan establishment and a MSM that does nothing but parrot its talking parts.

Give specifics. Shit, just like on that shaggy thread where I asked for exact facts and policy to point to where trumpers believe Hillary would be worse than trump there's not a single one mentioned. 

It's all rhetoric and innuendo with you people. Give exact examples and cite your sources. 

On 3/29/2018 at 8:38 PM, Anastasis said:

That's pretty fucked up when you think about it.

8 hours ago, In10se said:

Give specifics. Shit, just like on that shaggy thread where I asked for exact facts and policy to point to where trumpers believe Hillary would be worse than trump there's not a single one mentioned. 

It's all rhetoric and innuendo with you people. Give exact examples and cite your sources. 

What are the specific reasons that prompted Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down from heading the DNC?  

I could give you long list of HRC "sins," and cite them all to mainstream reportage.  Then I could give you a list of donations to the clinton foundation that coincide with arms deals. Or one could say, "looky how things have slowed down for the great charity/tax-free holding company, now that the clintons have lost access to our government."   It wouldn't be worth the effort to do any of this research for you.  You simply wouldn't acknowledge it.   While I'm grateful for any rare, verifiable, pristine truth, from any source, at any time, most folks on this thread immediately set out to obscure everything inconvenient and hard facts especially.

41 minutes ago, Caracara said:

What are the specific reasons that prompted Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down from heading the DNC?  

I could give you long list of HRC "sins," and cite them all to mainstream reportage.  Then I could give you a list of donations to the clinton foundation that coincide with arms deals. Or one could say, "looky how things have slowed down for the great charity/tax-free holding company, now that the clintons have lost access to our government."   It wouldn't be worth the effort to do any of this research for you.  You simply wouldn't acknowledge it.   While I'm grateful for any rare, verifiable, pristine truth, from any source, at any time, most folks on this thread immediately set out to obscure everything inconvenient and hard facts especially.

Do it. Give exact examples. If you cant then there's no reason to pay attention to you. 

3 minutes ago, In10se said:

Do it. Give exact examples. If you cant then there's no reason to pay attention to you. 

I need a little investment from you.  Remember, we're on a thread about a guy who publishes good information, and you, along with almost everyone, want nothing to do with talking about the details of it.  At the moment, you want to go after me. What are the specific reasons that prompted Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down from heading the DNC?   Try wikipedia. I know you can do some of your own research.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, don't know how to embed twitters

6b-4Q-FI_normal.jpg

The Democratic Party is fighting to protect elections. That’s why we’re suing the Trump campaign and Russia. https://bit.ly/2vvrgj7 

We're counter suing you for fun -- and also because you're lame. "Voters! WikiLeaks took away our right to lie about rigging the primary!" That's some serious one dimensional chess right there.

WikiLeaksVerified account @wikileaks

The Democrats are suing @WikiLeaks and @JulianAssange for revealing how the DNC rigged the Democratic primaries. Help us counter-sue. We've never lost a publishing case and discovery is going to be amazing fun: https://www.iamwikileaks.org/donate/ 

I voted for Bernie in the primaries and was pissed at the DNC for tilting the scales towards Hillary, but there's nothing illegal about what they did.

The Democrats can pick their candidate by picking straws, charades, or rock-paper-scissors. 

Knowingly distributing stolen goods though, would be illegal.

22 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I voted for Bernie in the primaries and was pissed at the DNC for tilting the scales towards Hillary, but there's nothing illegal about what they did.

The Democrats can pick their candidate by picking straws, charades, or rock-paper-scissors. 

Knowingly distributing stolen goods though, would be illegal.

Get your point.

so you and Bernie got over it, but some didn't. It might cause worse (PR/discovery) problems for Democrats than they want.  If I was a young dem candidate heading into midterms I'd like distance from HRC, DWS, Awans, Lynch, fusion gps, Podestas and 2016's ultra-fail.  But they run/fund the DNC.  Maybe they'll drop the lawsuit. seems like a big mistake for the party and its future.

Also, I don't think wikileaks buys info, or is for-profit.

WikiLeaksVerified account @wikileaks

Democrats have gone all Scientology against @WikiLeaks. We read the DNC lawsuit. Its primary claim against @WikiLeaks is that we published their "trade secrets". Scientology infamously tried this trick when we published their secret bibles. Didn't work out well for them.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:25 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Assange and Snowden have a lot of similarities.

Both were championed for being whistleblowers in the beginning but as more time elapses it’s becoming clearer that they’re not much more than weapons of adversaries to undermine the United States and the West.

I’m not saying they’re Russian spies but the Kremlin certainly loves these guys for obvious reasons and probably exerts influence over them to push out certain messages.

Was it just a coincidence Russia was about to ship Snowden to Ecuador before Obama dropped the hammer on him?

I’d speculate Snowden would have operated in a similar fashion in Ecuador as he is now except with more plausible deniability from the Kremlin.

You've gone to far down the rabbit hole, my friend.  When you bang on Trump for being an idiot and surrounding himself with other morally bankrupt idiots, I'm on board.  When you bang on Russia for doing some underhanded shit, I'm on board.  But now you're just going to start burning down the reputation of a guy like Snowden to keep this hysteria running?

Snowden didn't want to be stuck in Russia.  Obama stuck him there.  How hard is it to put 2 and 2 together and realize he did this so he and the American government could paint Snowden as a Russian puppet instead of a whistleblower exposing all the fucked up shit our intelligence agencies have been up to.  Obama was tits deep in making sure the NSA could collect all our shit.  Making sure the FISA courts approved every civilian killing drone strike he wanted.  Tapping the phones of our allies like Chancellor Merkel.  The list goes on.

And guess what?  All those intelligence agencies are still doing that shit now with President Dunderhead in charge and no one is saying a fucking peep about it.

Assange and Snowden are evidence of how much power the people in charge here in America have to shape a narrative.  Both guys were dropping truth bombs on the American people about what their shitty government was up to.  Then, after some well crafted lies and mass media propaganda, both of those guys who were previously unimpeachable sources are now considered Russian agents.  I can't facepalm hard enough to express how stupid this is.

Meanwhile, those evil, devious Russians are so goddamn tech illiterate that they basically shut down the country's entire internet access to try and stop their citizens from accessing one company, Telegram.  And they didn't actually stop anyone from reaching it.  I mean, maybe I'm too far out on a limb here, but I think we can reasonably conclude the Russians aren't smart enough and crafty enough to be behind everything from the DNC "hack" to aliens at Roswell to why Whataburger stopped making the A1 Think and Hearty Burger. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/world/europe/russia-telegram-shutdown.html

http://techcrunch.com/2018/04/17/telegram-plays-down-russia-block-claiming-no-significant-impact-yet/

Hate on the Russians all you like.  Hate Drumpf all you like.  Just don't be sullying the reputation of a patriot like Snowden to keep getting your rocks off in this McCarthyesque hysteria.  Dude blew up his great life to expose some evil shit our government was up to and now has to live in exile in fear for his life.  Show him some fucking respect, please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Snowden is not subject to criminal charges if he returns to the US?

He is.  It’s about accountability with Snowden.  He broke the law for his own just cause which is fine if you’re willing to stand and face the music for your disobedience.  

It’s like those kids that walked out of class for gun control and have accepted that they will get detention for their civil disobedience.

Snowden is the emo kid that walked out of class and ran to Hong Kong because he was afraid of detention.

He’s a coward absorbed with his own self righteousness that betrayed the United States by fleeing with State Secrets. 

• Like 1

I already addressed this on the old site but Daniel Ellsberg does not agree with you 

He has spoken at length about (and in this piece with) ES

I once read a statement by Ed Snowden that there are things worth dying for. And I read the same thing by Manning, who said she was ready to go to prison or even face a death sentence for what she was doing. And I read those comments and I thought: that is what I felt. That is right. It is worth it. Is it worth someone’s freedom or life to avert a war with North Korea? I would say unhesitatingly: “Yes, of course.” Was it worth Ed Snowden spending his life in exile to do what he did? Was it worth it for Manning, spending seven and a half years in prison? Yes, I think so. And I think they think so. And I think they are right.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/16/is-whistleblowing-worth-prison-or-a-life-in-exile-edward-snowden-talks-to-daniel-ellsberg

Snowden was the one person in the fucking NSA who did what he absolutely should have done

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/375031/

the Atlantic article has a partial transcript of this

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Snowden is a douchebag POS that’s free to return the United States anytime he wants but instead he chooses to live in a brutal fascist regime.

Snowden can suck Reality Winner’s dick.

You sound a lot like Trump here. 

Make a stupid argument denigrating someone's character.  Get called out on it.  Instead of rethinking your position and either apologizing or coming up with a better argument for why you think the way you do, you double down on the stupidity and vulgarity. 

I think it's about time you tagged out and let someone else pick up the torch and pitchfork.

• Like 2

Snowden did the right thing by blowing the whistle. He did the wrong thing by sauntering off and sharing state secrets with China to save his own skin.

You can both have noble intentions and have a sense of self-preservation that overpowers your original intent. It's pretty simple.

51 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One of the few men on the planet who has walked in his shoes is ok with his actions. I’ll take his opinion over yours and Hugo’s 

Great, I’ll continue to evaluate things for myself based on facts. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

One of the few men on the planet who has walked in his shoes is ok with his actions. I’ll take his opinion over yours and Hugo’s 

That comparison doesn't exactly favor Snowden.  Ellsberg walked his shoes over to the authorities and faced the consequences.   There's also a big difference in the nature of the information they took.  Snowden took a lot of information legitimately in the public interest, but also a lot of additional shit that put our covert agents at risk.   I know someone who had to leave the field permanently as a result and can never visit that country again.   I think Snowden meant well, but he went way too far. 

Ellsberg is entitled to his opinion just as much as  I’m entitled to mine.

I think many of you are missing the point that what Ellsberg is saying isn’t much different from my position.

Ellsberg is saying what Snowden did was worth a life of exile, which I don’t disagree.  The nuance that’s overlooked is that Snowden CHOSE a life of exile, no one forced him to run and hide, eventually in Russia where he’s now nothing more than a mouthpiece for anti-American propaganda.

There’s nothing patriotic about him DECIDING to do that.

Ellsberg was also the ultimate insider; he was scared but had reason to believe he would at least be afforded due process, even had the investigators not been so crooked. Snowden could not have been more of an outsider 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/12/19/daniel-ellsberg-edward-snowden-and-the-modern-whistle-blower/amp

44 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That comparison doesn't exactly favor Snowden.  Ellsberg walked his shoes over to the authorities and faced the consequences.   There's also a big difference in the nature of the information they took.  Snowden took a lot of information legitimately in the public interest, but also a lot of additional shit that put our covert agents at risk.   I know someone who had to leave the field permanently as a result and can never visit that country again.   I think Snowden meant well, but he went way too far. 

This point doesn’t get enough attention.

From the Comey book:

FC1CC356-E040-4A7F-91D3-7A7B80ACE2FE_zps

BBC46E61-23E8-449E-A6A9-8258AA536EE3_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Snowden is a douchebag POS that’s free to return the United States anytime he wants but instead he chooses to live in a brutal fascist regime.

Snowden can suck Reality Winner’s dick.

What's the difference between Reality Winner and Snowden?

One got caught and the other didn't.

On March 29, 2018 at 11:19 PM, berlinerbaer said:

Hillary beat Bernie in the primary by more than 3.5 million votes. That's 12 percent. Not close.

Are you suggesting that favoritism toward HRC by the DNC and the media led to her putting up a double-digit win over Sanders among average rank-and-file Joes and Janes in the voting booth?

Fact. The Democratic party bigwigs favored Hillary. Here's another fact. It didn't matter. Emails, superdelegates. Sounded shady, didn't it? Except it was completely worthless because the voters took care of things on their own.

In the end, it did matter, because it pissed off dumb-ass Sanders' supporters who chose to believe the primary was staged instead of their candidate losing by 12 goddamn points to fucking Hillary.

Uh, this is true.

Why, what and who caused Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down from heading the DNC?  

There's a % of people, of various political leanings, who don't agree that lying, colluding, cheating is okay because "Hillary was going to win anyway."   (if she really was).