Julian Assange

Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Yeah which is why wikileaks is awesome. Hope they and others keep dropping governments secrets from across the world. Wikileaks is not the threat to mankind.

I can't and won't speak to classified information that comes from other countries. As far as that which is generated from within the United States, if you don't have clearance to access and the specific need-to-know then I dont really give a shit what you want or hope. Its classified to protect National Security and the level at which it's classified is given based upon the danger to the country that the information's disclosure would hold. If you do have a clearance and you've been accessing wikileakes then you, me, and an the FBI need to have a discussion.

Now, as I'm confident you don't fall into the latter, kindly take your no-clearance having ass along with your hope and fuck all the way off. You and anyone else who accesses that site makes the job of my brothers and sisters who fight to defend this country and swore our allegiance to the Constitution that much harder. Every piece of information, no matter how small or minute, gives our adversaries another piece of the puzzle. This is why we practice OPSEC regarding everything, whether it has a specific classification or is unclassified.

I can't and won't speak to classified information that comes from other countries. As far as that which is generated from within the United States, if you don't have clearance to access and the specific need-to-know then I dont really give a shit what you want or hope. Its classified to protect National Security and the level at which it's classified is given based upon the danger to the country that the information's disclosure would hold. If you do have a clearance and you've been accessing wikileakes then you, me, and an the FBI need to have a discussion.
Now, as I'm confident you don't fall into the latter, kindly take your no-clearance having ass along with your hope and fuck all the way off. You and anyone else who accesses that site makes the job of my brothers and sisters who fight to defend this country and swore our allegiance to the Constitution that much harder. Every piece of information, no matter how small or minute, gives our adversaries another piece of the puzzle. This is why we practice OPSEC regarding everything, whether it has a specific classification or is unclassified.

Maybe if the IC didn't want things being leaked they shouldn't have violated the rights of American citizens so badly that somebody wanted to expose them.
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Maybe if the IC didn't want things being leaked they shouldn't have violated the rights of American citizens so badly that somebody wanted to expose them.

Maybe learn how the FISA process works and why that is different than your accusation about the IC.

If you want to protect the constitution, you have to wipe your ass with it from time to time.

1 minute ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Insulting me does nothing and doesn't harm me in the least. The fact that you can only muster an insult instead of any sort of a coherent argument for your position speaks volumes about you, however.

Ha you're literally arguing for an all powerful government that can spy and assassinate citizens for telling the truth about their activities. You'd make a good little Nazi. 

Maybe learn how the FISA process works and why that is different than your accusation about the IC.
Do you believe that judges are incapable of violating the Constitution simply because they're judges? There are some judges on various US Courts of Appeals who disagree.
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Ha you're literally arguing for an all powerful government that can spy and assassinate citizens for telling the truth about their activities. You'd make a good little Nazi. 

You know nothing about me. The government, military, IC, or any affiliate there of doesn't assassinate people. Were your supposition true then reality winner would've been assassinated as soon as she was determined to be the person who disclosed the documents to the press.

You are free to think whatever you like about me or anyone else. There is no crime in that. There is, however, a serious crime in disclosing classified information to anyone who is not authorized to it. It doesn't matter whether you like it or not.

We get that you are proud of your profession and colleagues, you should be.  I personally go back and forth over extreme support for intelligence agencies and recognition and belief that they pose a threat to our way of life (freedom, democracy, etc.), both theoretically and very real at times.  I personally tend to believe that the military intelligence arms are less of a threat than the civilian ones because they do not  tend to become enslaved to politics or politically driven foreign policies.

But it's foolhardy and makes you look like a dangerous "true believer" not to concede that there are excesses committed by the "IC" fairly regularly.  People like Ellsworth, Winner, Manning, Snowden, and others tend to be our only window on those excesses.  That said, I don't declare any of them national heroes, nor am I entirely comfortable with criminal prosecution and lengthy sentences.  It's a difficult question.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

The government, military, IC, or any affiliate there of doesn't assassinate people.

Wait ... what?

assassinate verb  to murder (an important person) in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

Is Osama bin Laden still alive?

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wait ... what?

Is Osama bin Laden still alive?

assassinate:  v  to murder (an important person) in a surprise attack for political or religious reasons.

Damnit, I should have used "SEAL Team Six" instead of Cruise Missile in the meme.  Fuck me. 

2evmpk.jpg

Edited by Anastasis

Yeah which is why wikileaks is awesome. Hope they and others keep dropping governments secrets from across the world. Wikileaks is not the threat to mankind.

I’ll give you credit. You’ve been consistent, and have even doubled down, on your idiotic positions on the topic of wikileaks, Snowden, and the IC for a few years now. It’s unfortunate you don’t see how stupid your thoughts are on the topic.

The rationale and well-informed understand that illegal activities by our government should be exposed, but that doesn’t mean there should be a wholesale data dump of everything the government does, especially when it endangers lives and puts our national security at risk, and especially when a lot of the information dumped wasn’t even illegal. Pull your naive and idealistic head out of the clouds and deal with reality.

• Like 1

I’ll give you credit. You’ve been consistent, and have even doubled down, on your idiotic positions on the topic of wikileaks, Snowden, and the IC for a few years now. It’s unfortunate you don’t see how stupid your thoughts are on the topic.

The rationale and well-informed understand that illegal activities by our government should be exposed, but that doesn’t mean there should be a wholesale data dump of everything the government does, especially when it endangers lives and puts our national security at risk, and especially when a lot of the information dumped wasn’t even illegal. Pull your naive and idealistic head out of the clouds and deal with reality.

You think there was a wholesale data dump and call yourself informed. Lulz

You think there was a wholesale data dump and call yourself informed. Lulz

Greenwald and Snowden can spin it anyway they want so that gullible people like you buy into it, but all one has to do is look at the specific items released to see that some of it was sensationalistic stolen critical information, and not an exposure of illegal activities.
  • Like 1

Greenwald and Snowden can spin it anyway they want so that gullible people like you buy into it, but all one has to do is look at the specific items released to see that some of it was sensationalistic stolen critical information, and not an exposure of illegal activities.

I find the bootlicker calling me gullible ironic.

The thing about Snowden/Greenwald/Manning/Assange/Ellsberg and other whistleblowers and the journalists willing to publish the truth is they’re not spinning anything. They’re releasing information the government was hiding because they didn’t want it’s citizens to know the fucked up shit they were doing. The spin doctors are the people you’re such a fan of.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:35 PM, maninblack said:

I find the bootlicker calling me gullible ironic.

The thing about Snowden/Greenwald/Manning/Assange/Ellsberg and other whistleblowers and the journalists willing to publish the truth is they’re not spinning anything. They’re releasing information the government was hiding because they didn’t want it’s citizens to know the fucked up shit they were doing. The spin doctors are the people you’re such a fan of.

This would be more believable were they not so selective re: what they choose to release. 

15 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This would be more believable were they not so selective re: what they choose to release. 

Examples?

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Yeah, but the spin doctors.  Little miss can’t be wrong.....

Who's spinning?

10 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Poor Julian.  The time to think about the repercussions of your actions is BEFORE you take them.

What about NYT or WaPo reporters that report classified information?

There seems to be two camps of Wikileaks detractors. Dems pissed about the leaks that proved the DNC was in cahoots with the Hillary campaign and those committed to the government that'll buy whatever it's selling. 

8 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

ever notice how every thread seems to have one of these fuckers assigned to it?

maininblack just can’t accept his hero is a Kremlin asset despite all the evidence to indicate he is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/20/us-lobbyist-for-russian-oligarch-visited-julian-assange-nine-times-last-year

^ I could do this all day.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

maininblack just can’t accept his hero is a Kremlin asset despite all the evidence to indicate he is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/20/us-lobbyist-for-russian-oligarch-visited-julian-assange-nine-times-last-year

^ I could do this all day.

I don't care if the info he leaked came from Russia. Hell I don't even care if he targeted Hillary. Wouldn't you if she wanted to drop a drone bomb on you?

That said do you know where this cache was released? I'd actually like to read what Wikileaks declined to publish.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

You know it is possible to be for more oversight of the intelligence community and be anti Assange (since he’s a fucking Russian asset) right? Those aren’t mutually exclusive positions.

What has Wikileaks released that makes you anti-Assange?

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

What has Wikileaks released that makes you anti-Assange?

Hacked emails from a United States political party stolen by a government seeking to undermine our most basic democratic principle in an effort to destabilize liberal democracies around the world.

But you know other than that he’s cool.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Hacked emails from a United States political party stolen by a government seeking to undermine our most basic democratic principle in an effort to destabilize liberal democracies around the world.

If the release of the internal emails of an American political party undermines our democracy, maybe we should pause for a second and consider the real implications of that revelation.  

Unlike you I don't care about either of these ridiculous parties and I find it hilarious that the emails released showed that the DNC was working to sabotage the same democratic principle you claim to hold dear.

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So do you support Assange knowingly publishing stolen information from the DNC?

No shit American politics needs fixing. Russia and their stooges are not the ones to do it.

I think that cockroaches don't like light to shine on them.

I think that Russia Russia Russia is largely a diversion that allows us to avoid addressing the real systemic rot at the root of our political system. 

7 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Unlike you I don't care about either of these ridiculous parties and I find it hilarious that the emails released showed that the DNC was working to sabotage the same democratic principle you claim to hold dear.

Don’t care about the parties. I do care about he country. 

Oh you mean a private organization? Not the government.

Have fun white knighting for a rapist though.

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that cockroaches don't like light to shine on them.

I think that Russia Russia Russia is largely a diversion that allows us to avoid addressing the real systemic rot at the root of our political system. 

Very fair and I agree. I however cannot support violating their rights in order to shine that light. As a civil libertarian I would think you would feel the same.

And this is true. We need to look in a big fucking mirror and see that we put ourselves here however it doesn’t change what the Russians did and that we must prevent it from happening in the future.

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Very fair and I agree. I however cannot support violating their rights in order to shine that light. As a civil libertarian I would think you would feel the same.

And this is true. We need to look in a big fucking mirror and see that we put ourselves here however it doesn’t change what the Russians did and that we must prevent it from happening in the future.

I agree.  I just think that the best way for us to prevent foreign interference related to exposing our political dysfunction is to address our political dysfunction.

giphy.gif 

Edited by Anastasis

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Which specific email did you find the most disturbing?

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I agree.  I just think that the best way for us to prevent foreign interference related to exposing our political dysfunction is to address our political dysfunction. 

I cannot disagree with you there. Thay doesn’t mean I can support someone else addressing our dysfunction by using it as a tool to further weaken our country, and that is what Assange and Russia did.