USMNT 2019

Napoleon

10 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Agree.  I was watching and kept telling myself not to bitch during a win but.... I kept thinking about this exact play v. a team like Mexico or Costa Rica.  At the end of the game, I'd say there were about 2 US players that could/should be on the field against a real team.

• 4 weeks later...

Although USSF has no youth coaches appointed except for Kreis for U23s and Berhalter has made more mistakes than the team has scored goals, I like this Camp Cupcake call up of U23 potential key players with regular call ups. 

GK Hamid, Turner, or Johnson // Marcinkowski

RB Cannon // Araujo

CB Long // McKenzie

CB Zimmerman // Glad

LB Gasper // Vines

M6 Yuiell // Cappis, Kayo

M8/M10 (2 of) Lletget, Roldan, // Aaronson, Pomykal

RW Morris // Llanez

FW Zardes // Ferreira

LW Arriola // Lewis 

15 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

McBride is one of my all-time favorite Nats, but not sure what he alone can do to fight the status quo.

I'm confused by the idea that McBride is going to "fight the status quo". He's the former teammate of Stewart and Berhalter, is being hired by the current leadership, and has basically no experience in a similar role to indicate he's going to do something different.

Just now, goatsaag said:

I'm confused by the idea that McBride is going to "fight the status quo". He's the former teammate of Stewart and Berhalter, is being hired by the current leadership, and has basically no experience in a similar role to indicate he's going to do something different.

Nothing gets by you. Good to see.