USMNT 2019

Napoleon

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Weah is heading to the U20 World Cup. Sargent and Adams are heading to the Gold Cup. Kind of wanted to see Sargent at the U20, but as long as he is getting burn at the Gold Cup I really don't care too much.

I absolutely wanted to see Sargent and Adams on the U-20 team.

The Gold Cup is a fucking joke. If you're going to have Michael Bradley on the USMNT squad for the tournament, it means that it is a fucking joke.

With Sargent & Adams, we would have had an opportunity to go make the Semis and from there, who knows? It just pisses me off that we finally have an opportunity to do something in a FIFA World Cup at any level and we piss it away on a fucking GOLD CUP!

• Like 1

Agree.  And Sargent may not get much PT in the Gold Cup.  I'm assuming effing Altidore will be one forward.  Not sure he'd pair with Sargent.

BTW, Pulisic is back.  I've watched his last game and a half (halfway through Dusseldorf game).  He's scored twice and is again absolutely burning people off the dribble.  Dortmund is working a lot of their offense through Puli.

I hope the U-20 WC is on tv.  According to Wiki, FoxSports has the rights; however, on the US Soccer page, the channel listing is blank.

They have always showed them, so I would be surprised if it’s not. U17 WC too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

PSA: The USMNT has a friendly with the Reggae Boyz tomorrow, Wednesday, June 5, at 6 p.m. Central. The match will be at Audi Field in Washington, D.C., and will apparently be broadcast on FoxSports 1 and Unimas.

The Nats will have a final tune-up on Sunday, June 9, at 1 p.m. Central versus Venezuela. This will be their last game before starting Gold Cup group play on June 18.

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

My understanding is Sebastian Soto is not under contract to Hanover 96.  His form is enchubbening.  Berhalter should show some cajones and name Soto to the Gold Cup roster.

Soto and Gloster both have a year left on their contracts at Hanover 96.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3868131/source-uss-sotogloster-may-leave-hannover

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

My understanding is Sebastian Soto is not under contract to Hanover 96.  His form is enchubbening.  Berhalter should show some cajones and name Soto to the Gold Cup roster.

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Soto and Gloster both have a year left on their contracts at Hanover 96.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3868131/source-uss-sotogloster-may-leave-hannover

With one year left, they can sign with another team in January for next year, so if the team doesn't do something this summer, they lose both on Free Transfers, so the feeling is that they will move on this summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

With one year left, they can sign with another team in January for next year, so if the team doesn't do something this summer, they lose both on Free Transfers, so the feeling is that they will move on this summer.

Watching Soto the past 10 days, the idea of him playing 2nd division ball this season sucks.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Guessing this side has not played together before so that might account for the disconnects.

That, and i can't figure out what the hell Berhalter is running.  It does not look like a 4-5-1.

3-2-2-2-1

1 - Zack Steffen
4 - Matt Miazga (C)
3 - Omar González
5 - Antonee Robinson
13 - Tim Ream
14 - Djordje Mihailovic (plays like an entitled bitch... ALWAYS)
6 - Wil Trapp
7 - Paul Arriola
8 - Jackson Yueill (had never heard of this guy)
19 - Josh(ua) Sargent
10 - Cristian Roldan

We're actually playing with:
3 DEF
-Miazga (R)
-González (C)
-Ream (L)

2 "Wing Backs"
-Robinson (L)
-Arriola (R)

2 DMs
-Trapp (R)
-Yueill (L)

2 "#10s"
-Roldan (R)
-Mihailovic (L)   

A Lone Striker
-Sargent

Edited by Napoleon

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I know how it works. I’ve played Football Manager, sir!

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

holycrap i can't believe chelsea are letting cp play in this hackfest of a worthless tournament (gold cup)

and we turned down a copa invite.  bitchassedness.

Chelsea has no choice.

This is now officially on the FIFA schedule and all players are available for this event.

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Terrible technique by Robertson on that clear header.

Arms not out, body not shaped.  From that far you lean forward and launch in to the ball.

It's not hard Stuart.  It's called technique.

It's Robinson and I disagree. I think he hit it pretty well. It is hard to head that ball well. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We talking about Sargent starting? Fucking really? 

I was never a big Zardes fan but he is our best 9 right now and I think by a pretty good margin. 

The fact that this is a VERY experimental roster appears to have gone over your head.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We talking about Sargent starting? Fucking really? 

I was never a big Zardes fan but he is our best 9 right now and I think by a pretty good margin. 

i haven't seen Zardes in a year.  i would argue soto and weah are our most in-form strikers at this time, regardless of competition or experience.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i haven't seen Zardes in a year.  i would argue soto and weah are our most in-form strikers at this time, regardless of competition or experience.

Yeah well that's preposterous but okay. Zardes has been good. Soto ain't sniffing the senior team right now. 

41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

14 - Djordje Mihailovic (plays like an entitled bitch... ALWAYS)
6 - Wil Trapp
7 - Paul Arriola
8 - Jackson Yueill
(had never heard of this guy)

*NAMES IN BOLD have absolutely sucked ass tonight.

Edited by Napoleon

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm confused. You didn't bold the entire roster. 

Some players have only been "bad".

Mihailovic should NOT be in the player pool, much less appear in a match.

He sucks so much ass. Over and over and over again. (But decent corner.)

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Some players have only been "bad".

Mihailovic should NOT be in the player pool, much less appear in a match.

He sucks so much ass. Over and over and over again. (But decent corner.)

True. Sargent has been decent imo. 

Lima's first touch has been pretty shitty. I was a big fan early in the spring, but the ball has been bouncing a bunch off his foot.

This game is so shitty. The subs have added talent and speed... and creativity. So many of the starters played like scrubs to the level of absolute rat shit.

Mihailovic continues to suck. He's just awful.

CCV isn't ready for senior team play. I'm actually not certain that he ever will be. He plays soccer like an American football player who is pretty coordinated with his feet. He doesn't play like a soccer player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m sure the federation still charged $50+ a ticket to watch this sack of shit game. 

At least they are soaking the DC fans.  In my lifetime, the US has played 3 friendlies and 0 competitive matches in North Texas.  DC has hosted a dozen internationals and 2 dozen friendlies.

• Like 1