Texas recruiting notes 2019

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What's up with the rumors/threads on 247 about Smith possibly hitting the portal?  I mean, it could just be another fake insider like the one saying Orlando's job is on the line this week per CDC.

FCB saying its false..so its definitely happening now! Everyone freak!

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

There was a screen shot from whoever uses that Nick Nolte avatar on IT.  Said something about CFB is the worst, kids something something.  Jake smith is frustrated, which the coaches are obviously trying to force balls his way..

Let’s be clear, one poster there who uses a Nick Nolte avatar is Nahlin. So, maybe some more details before you set this place on fire. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Let’s be clear, one poster there who uses a Nick Nolte avatar is Nahlin. So, maybe some more details before you set this place on fire. 

it was a mod and yeah that was him Nahlin.. I should have screenshotted the pic off twitter. I can't remember it word for word but Jake smith being Frustrated was for sure there along with the forcing balls his way.. i'm gonna try to find it again.  It was a Shep transferring tweet, in the comments section by an aggy account

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

I would be surprised if he's frustrated with touches.

The more I watch this offense, the more formulaic it looks. Playmakers want to play off script and my guess would be Jake is frustrated at the way he's being utilized and the confines around his role more than overall snaps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I would be surprised if he's frustrated with touches.

The more I watch this offense, the more formulaic it looks. Playmakers want to play off script and my guess would be Jake is frustrated at the way he's being utilized and the confines around his role more than overall snaps. 

I wouldn't mind a few more plays with Jake at slot WR, and Duvernay lined up back at the x-wr... Need more Freakin' speed and quickness on the Damn field...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t interpret that so much as Jake looking for a way out as much as it’s that the staff has to feed kids the ball in the first place. i think he’s complaining about millennials 

You know you're barking up the right tree when you and Randy Edsall are working off the same talking points:

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 2

Which is why this staff will be recruiting QB's every single season.. even if VY walks in that room, they will recruit a top 5 QB the very next class. Shep was a project and we all were surprised he stuck with his commitment last spring.  So let aggy celebrate and act like he is the start of a new momentum wave.  Wish Shep the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

But he’s not wrong. He should be getting the ball more.  He should have at least 5 touches a game.  

I'm confused, is he an entitled millennial because he he's correctly demanding to touch the ball more or because he's successfully demanding the staff force feed the ball to him more than is justified?

I can't keep the olds straight.

- On TDs, Smith, with 5, is 4th in the entire Big 12 conference, and second on the team.  As a true freshman.  (He's 1 TD behind team leader Duvernay.)

- On receptions, with 20, he is 1 behind the #2 guy on the team, senior Collin Johnson. (Johnson did miss a couple of games.)

- He couldn't enroll early (because of Az rules), so he was only a regular enrollee.

So yeah, as Tex says, frustration because of playing opportunities would be tough to defend.

• Like 1

Surely, Jake Smith is not unhappy with his playing time and results.  He needs to learn how to hang onto the football.  If he portals, which seems stupid, move Whittington/Roschon to the slot.

31 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

In my experience, the best way to connect with and engage a group of people, specifically teenagers, is to make sweeping and condescending  generalizations about the laziness of their entire generation. That's really gonna motivate these kids to prove the older generations wrong!

The ultimate cherry on top is to throw the word pussy in there a few times too. This combination is like running through a brick wall along side these newly enlightened young men.