Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I had taken a break from the Shag but was checking in from time to time. But now that we got a new site I figured I’d start posting again. I know CTJ will be ecstatic to learn of my return.

Also, since I’ve been gone for so long, I’ve gotta say how much I loved watching the aggy  feauxmentum. Jimbo, Rumlin, RC Slocum, doesn’t fucking matter. As sure as the sun will rise in the east, aggy will always be the early leader for every recruit in the state and then just utterly fall apart. Jimbo’s actually losing it faster than Sumlin ever did.

Sadly, I pondered your continued existence just last week. I assumed you had been disbarred and were on the run from authorities from crimes or moral terpitude, because it was hard to believe that anything short of that could have been keeping you away. 

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sadly, I pondered your continued existence just last week. I assumed you had been disbarred and were on the run from authorities from crimes or moral terpitude, because it was hard to believe that anything short of that could have been keeping you away. 

Who says that’s not what happened?

glad to know you still think of me after 6 months of being gone. I guess I’m the Todd Orlando to your Lincoln Riley.

• Haha 1

E.J. Holland: Rising TE Jared Wiley recaps weekend Texas visit

Texas hosted a handful of visitors this weekend, including tight end target Jared Wiley. The three-star prospect out of Temple took in the Longhorns’ first padded practice and enjoyed his time on campus. “The visit went great,” Wiley said. “I got to catch up with the coaches and some of my old teammates. My favorite part was definitely watching the practice. I haven’t heard any pads pop since December, so it was almost relaxing to hear that sound again.” Wiley paid close attention to new tight ends coach Derek Warehime and the way he coached the position group. “(Warehime) was very hands-on,” Wiley said. “When he talked through something, he’d demonstrate it himself to make sure you had a good idea of what to do.”

Wiley added that he was intrigued with the way the Longhorns utilize their tight ends and believes he would be a great fit in the offensive system. “I think I’d fit in just fine,” Wiley said. “They get the ball in the tight ends’ hands, which is what I really enjoyed watching at practice.” Wiley notched an offer from Texas after attending junior day last month. He also holds scholarships from Houston, Missouri and SMU and is receiving interest from several other programs. So where do the Longhorns sit after this visit? “They are definitely a top choice of mine,” Wiley said. “But I’m waiting to see how these other visits go before I make a decision.” At 6-foot-5, 225 pounds, Wiley is ranked as the No. 43 tight end in the country and No. 146 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.