Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

45 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

So anyone know why Wilson is getting tOSU picks this weekend

My last post on the Shag:

Bill Kurelic: Buckeyes hit home with country's No. 6 WR Garrett Wilson

Austin (Texas) Lake Travis wide receiver Garrett Wilson cut his long list of scholarship offers down to eight schools in early March. He has been moving forward in the recruiting process with Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Nebraska. Wilson lived in Dublin, Ohio for approximately six years. He was back in Columbus Thursday evening and visited Ohio State on Friday. “It was a great visit,” Wilson said. “I knew a little about Ohio State, but now I feel fully informed.” Wilson made the trip back to Ohio with both of his parents. They had a very full day at Ohio State. “We got a tour,” Wilson said. “We watched practice. I met with coach (Urban) Meyer, coach (Ryan) Day and coach (Zach) Smith. I saw the locker room and the Woody Hayes Facility. I sat in the wide receivers meeting. I met with coach Meyer twice. I talked to him for two, two and a half hours.”

While Wilson has eight schools left from his long list of scholarship offers, this seems likely to come down to a two team battle. “Ohio State and Texas, those are the two schools I’ve decided on for official visits so far,” Wilson said. “Texas might be April 14. Ohio State might be in June. I’d say those are my top two with TCU in there as well.” Wilson and 2018 Ohio State quarterback signee Matthew Baldwin, who has enrolled at Ohio State, were a spectacular duo last season in leading Lake Travis to the Texas big school state championship game. Wilson hung out with Baldwin on Friday night before he and his parents headed for Notre Dame on Saturday morning for a visit with the Fighting Irish. The 6-foot-0 and 185-pound Wilson is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 46 overall prospect, the No. 6 wide receiver, and the No. 7 prospect in Texas.

Edited by satyanash
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Austin (Texas) Lake Travis wide receiver Garrett Wilson cut his long list of scholarship offers down to eight schools in early March. He has been moving forward in the recruiting process with Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Nebraska. Wilson lived in Dublin, Ohio for approximately six years. He was back in Columbus Thursday evening and visited Ohio State on Friday. “It was a great visit,” Wilson said. “I knew a little about Ohio State, but now I feel fully informed.” Wilson made the trip back to Ohio with both of his parents. They had a very full day at Ohio State. “We got a tour,” Wilson said. “We watched practice. I met with coach (Urban) Meyer, coach (Ryan) Day and coach (Zach) Smith. I saw the locker room and the Woody Hayes Facility. I sat in the wide receivers meeting. I met with coach Meyer twice. I talked to him for two, two and a half hours.”

While Wilson has eight schools left from his long list of scholarship offers, this seems likely to come down to a two team battle. “Ohio State and Texas, those are the two schools I’ve decided on for official visits so far,” Wilson said. “Texas might be April 14. Ohio State might be in June. I’d say those are my top two with TCU in there as well.” Wilson and 2018 Ohio State quarterback signee Matthew Baldwin, who has enrolled at Ohio State, were a spectacular duo last season in leading Lake Travis to the Texas big school state championship game. Wilson hung out with Baldwin on Friday night before he and his parents headed for Notre Dame on Saturday morning for a visit with the Fighting Irish. The 6-foot-0 and 185-pound Wilson is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 46 overall prospect, the No. 6 wide receiver, and the No. 7 prospect in Texas.

Fully informed doesn’t sound like a post visit high to me. 

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lol OU. They thought the had as much of a chance as Texas or Ohio State. 

15 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Garrett is going to Texas...

There's been a few posters, including you, that are connected to LT or have good sources that have said this.  I'm assuming he's given Herman and staff a pretty good indication that he'll most likely end up at Texas?  With the exception of JK Dobbins, we've done a fairly decent job with elite recruits from the Austin area.

Edited by victory88

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

247 is reporting Rian Davis will commit before his senior season. There's some sentiment that he'll play his senior year at Clear Lake, not in the Orlando area.

I really like Davis as the Rover take in this class. 

Will he outgrow it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

There's been a few posters, including you, that are connected to LT or have good sources that have said this.  I'm assuming he's given Herman and staff a pretty good indication that he'll most likely end up at Texas?  With the exception of JK Dobbins, we've done a fairly decent job with elite recruits from the Austin area.

I feel good from both the LT side and the UT side. Its not 100% done like with Calvin Anderson but we are in really good shape with Wilson.

• Like 1

Let's wait and see this time next week with Bragg.  Herman, Hand, and the staff have been killing it on visits here lately, especially with the OL targets.  If it's true on reports the staff has gained momentum with guys like Shepherd and Green who were favoring aggy then no doubt we can win over Bragg who has proclaimed to be a Texas fan.  

Another longtime lurker.  Been following this community across the internet since the Sure and Texlarry days of Hornfans.  Have rarely posted as I've rarely had any unique insights.  But I've enjoyed following the info and discussion immensely.  So thank you all for your time.  And Blacklab . . . thank you for keeping this going in its new home.