Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

USC implosion could backfire on us. They are doing so poorly Helton will get the boot and recruits will stay because of the new coaching staff.

He's not gonna get booted. One season after signing an extension through 2023? Yeah right.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-helton-extension-20180206-story.html

We should point out to Bru that Tyler Vaughns, a former five star recruit and a real legit talent is being wasted at USC. 2 catches for 1 yard tonight. He is as talented as any receiver in the country and he might as well be redshirting. 

Maybe not go all Gary Patterson level negative recruiting but a subtle comment perhaps. 

Edited by Newy25

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We should point out to Bru that Tyler Vaughns, a former five star recruit and a real legit talent is being wasted at USC. 2 catches for 1 yard tonight. He is as talented as any receiver in the country and he might as well be redshirting. 

Maybe not go all Gary Patterson level negative recruiting but a subtle comment perhaps. 

Maybe something short...like a tweet? 

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

All you nees do is point out the success of CJ, LJH, and hell even Burt. The ball gets tossed around plenty. No need to negative recruit when you can point to facts. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

USC implosion could backfire on us. They are doing so poorly Helton will get the boot and recruits will stay because of the new coaching staff.

They will win out except for ND and be 8-4 they won't fire Helton unless they go 6-6 or lower. Right now USC is on the path that we want them to be entering the 7-5, 8-4 purgatory. 

Edited by Not a Sock

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

Let's not point at Burt's production during this pitch. Please and thanks

Jat saying we're not afraid to throw the ball, even to lesser guys if it means gaining yards for tds. Exaggeration., obviously, but no one else who plays his position has caught a pass. I think maybe either Eagles or Woodard did against TCU?I'm spit balling here 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jat saying we're not afraid to throw the ball, even to lesser guys if it means gaining yards for tds. Exaggeration., obviously, but no one else who plays his position has caught a pass. I think maybe either Eagles or Woodard did against TCU?I'm spit balling here 

Lol hopefully our coaches can do better than talking about the guys with a combined 2 catches on the season

5 stars get pitched to be difference makers, not marginal role players that get limited playing time and targets

5 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Many is not really LSU country.  Closer to East Texas and Toledo Bend than to Baton Rouge.  

As someone who has worked in north Louisiana, I get that south Louisiana is basically a different country from the rest of Louisiana, but word is this kid is LSU's if they decide to offer. It is what it is. 

Maybe they wait too long and the the ship sails, but that's not the case at this point 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:10 PM, Bruh Man said:

Are these all of the character risks in this class? 

Marcel Brooks
Tamauzia Brown
Jeffrey Carter

There's been some things going around about Wolfe, Henderson, Wease, Beason, Green, and Stonger. Nothing anywhere near as bad as the stuff going around Brooks and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. I thought I also heard something about Trejan Bridges' grades, but I'm not anywhere close to certain about that. Anyway, it's mainly been posted that, for those guys, it's some combination of academics, me-first attitude, and helicopter parents.

No idea if any of it's true. I'm just passing along some stuff I read here mostly. Here's hoping that, if it's true, everything explodes in OU and aggy's collective face.

5 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lol hopefully our coaches can do better than talking about the guys with a combined 2 catches on the season

5 stars get pitched to be difference makers, not marginal role players that get limited playing time and targets

You get what I'm saying. Obviously Mccoy is gpj going to get the ball. He's a talented mf'er, and a hard worker, whichshas shown that if you work your ass off and if you're talented enough you'll get the ball (see CJ and LJH, and even Dev Duv in a way, who's made some crucial catches for us). We're a 50/50 or 60/40 throw/run team. He'll get plenty of chances. 

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Doesn't matter,  he's bought the snake oil from urban and he's not going to be fazed.

1 minute ago, PNWhornsfan said:

With it sounding like Aggy's final 3 commits will be Ugwoegbu, Wydermyer, and Hunter...any chance we get back in on Stripling?  Stripling and Warren would be a nice finish for Giles. 

With 18 commits, does that mean there are 10 spots remaining?

Rumors are that Stripling isn't having an especially good senior season.

2 minutes ago, ApocalyseTexas said:

That’s not an urban move he would leave about 1-2 weeks before signing day he is the type to leave the program in flames when he shuffles away with his fake ass.

I see him doing what Stoops & ou did. Get all the kids to campus and enrolled for summer 1. Then quit and shame anyone who considers leaving because its about the program not the coach.

Ou controls the national media to the degree that when they shit all over the incoming FR, no one called them out. The ones who did, found little traction. 

19 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I see him doing what Stoops & ou did. Get all the kids to campus and enrolled for summer 1. Then quit and shame anyone who considers leaving because its about the program not the coach.

Ou controls the national media to the degree that when they shit all over the incoming FR, no one called them out. The ones who did, found little traction. 

Unfortunately, probably this. 

In other news, tOSU's greatest weakness is their LBs and their secondary. They could have some player development problems because Okudah and Browning should be doing much, much more. 

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

As a massive soccer fan, I wonder how insane of a player he would be with that speed and that grit. With his mindset and physical skills, he would have been a sick soccer player. Possibly national team level within the next couple of years.

Just would’ve gotten a ton of offsides penalties. You get punished for being too fast in soccer. 

So what does the existence of these story titles on HornSports mean?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commitment Spotlight: Caleb Johnson (Jameson McCausland) October 18, 2018

Commitment Spotlight: Marcus Washington (Daniel Seahorn) October 19, 2018

Commitment Spotlight: Peyton Powell October 19, 2018

Edited by Ron Swanson